PDA

View Full Version : Dublin

josh.p.
07-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm going to Dublin in January with the group I went to HK with :yes: The people who organised the exchange wanted to have a day out with us all so we are staying at the Hilton near the airport the night before, and then we're going to get a 6am flight to Dublin. Then we're having breakfast at Debenhams, having a city tour, then a few hours for shopping and then a meal out before returning home :thumbsup::thumbsup: I've never been to Ireland before!

Tink
07-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Oh, I am so happy for you! Be sure to visit Trinity College and see the Long Hall and the Book of Omagh and Kells! :yes:

Then of course there is the Guinness Brewery! :D :D

There are so many places to visit in Dublin, I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you.

Be sure to take in all the statues. There are alternative names for each of them. :D

Have a wonderful time and you know I'm going to beg for a zillion photos!!!!

josh.p.
08-01-2010, 12:21 AM
:D I've never been before and we are only going for 1 day but we're going on a city/urban tour so I'm sure we'll see loads :yes:

Tinkfan
08-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Oooh, I'm really jealous, loads of pics please!!

Tink
08-01-2010, 01:11 AM
It's not the best time weather wise, to go, but you are used to the cold by now anyway.

Tours can be nice, but it's neat to be able to walk about by yourself too. :yes:

OH! There is a building with "Society for the Sick and Indecent" carved in the threshold over the entry door! LOL.

Disneybumble
08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm sure you will go past Trinity Josh. And down Grafton st and you must have a drink in the Temple Bar area. It will be a great day Josh.

Just as an aside Tink, my father is from Kells.

Tink
08-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Really! "It's a small world after all..." :D :D

Yes, Temple Bar.. Merchant O'Shea's is there, right across the street from the oldest pub! LOL.

The River Liffey is worth a walk along, if only for a little way. There used to be a web cam on the corner of O'Connell and the Liffey. I couldn't wait until I was able to stand on that corner and wave at the web cam! :lol: :embarassed:

Grafton St. is where all the shops are. :yes: There is a sweet little Carmelite RC church too, Josh. If you get the chance, duck in. It's where the Irish go to church. :) The tourists go elsewhere. :yes:

One day is hardly enough (That's like saying you are going to do MK in a day) but it's a taste and you'll want to be going back!

josh.p.
08-01-2010, 03:12 PM
We're going shopping on Grafton street :yes:

I agree 1 day is too short but it's completely free of charge to us so I'm really pleased!

foreverducky
09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, take plenty of photos!

psst...if you seen Colin Farrell please give him my address and number.

josh.p.
09-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Yes, take plenty of photos!

psst...if you seen Colin Farrell please give him my address and number.
Perhaps I'll get him to join secrets :wink:

foreverducky
09-01-2010, 02:01 PM
That would be fabulous! :yes: