PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think This Is A Good Deal

ukwdwnut
08-01-2010, 05:58 PM
15 nights split between orlando and a disney magic cruise to the carribean for 1500 pp ugrades can be had for outside rooms for 300 and balcony room for a bit more

any thoughts?

Disneybumble
08-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Is that flights included Mick, and where would you be staying in Orlando

ukwdwnut
08-01-2010, 06:10 PM
its staying at the allstars resort and includes flights with VA

not my choice of hotel but.....

Disneybumble
08-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey you're onsite,what else matters. I think that's a great price then.

keith
08-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Well depends on the time of year I guess

Thinking about Mayish time you'd be looking at 400pp virgin atlantic economy and probably about 600/700 for ASM so let's say 1000 for that which would mean for 500 more each you'd be getting a cruise! I say it sounds pretty good, quite tempted myself!

ukwdwnut
08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure how much cruises are

keith
08-01-2010, 06:13 PM

Thinking about Mayish time you'd be looking at 400pp virgin atlantic economy and probably about 600/700 for ASM so let's say 1000 for that which would mean for 500 more each you'd be getting a cruise! I say it sounds pretty good, quite tempted myself!

although my 600/700 would be a one off for the room not a pp sooo ;/

Anyway still sounds pretty good to me

ukwdwnut
08-01-2010, 06:14 PM

its mid october keith and flights id already got quotes at 422 this year

daveann
08-01-2010, 06:20 PM
sounds pretty good to me nice time of year to go to :) im not a lover of all stars but hey as people have said its onsite :)

keith
08-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Like everyone's said, I know all stars isn't necessarily the height of luxury but I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

At the end of the day, once you're back in your room, there's not a heck of a lot of difference between a grand floridian room and an all stars room :) The beds comfy, the tv has the same channels, there's a shower and a wash basin.

Soon as you're at the parks the rides are all the same etc etc :lol:

Sure I love staying at the deluxes I really do but heck, all stars is great AND it has that excited feeling to it.

ukwdwnut
08-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Like everyone's said, I know all stars isn't necessarily the height of luxury but I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

At the end of the day, once you're back in your room, there's not a heck of a lot of difference between a grand floridian room and an all stars room :) The beds comfy, the tv has the same channels, there's a shower and a wash basin.

Soon as you're at the parks the rides are all the same etc etc :lol:

Sure I love staying at the deluxes I really do but heck, all stars is great AND it has that excited feeling to it.

cool thx for that keith

Britchick
08-01-2010, 06:54 PM
nowt wrong with All stars Mick, i'm quite fussy and i'd definitely stay there again!

ukwdwnut
08-01-2010, 07:05 PM
nowt wrong with All stars Mick, i'm quite fussy and i'd definitely stay there again!

not for this quote no...i just wanted to stay in a mod for my st exp of a dianey hotel, ive not seen pix of it so will go look

Britchick
08-01-2010, 07:28 PM
why do you particularly want to stay in a mod?

Tinkfan
08-01-2010, 09:00 PM
:wave: I'm not sure what the conversion is but we stay at Pop Century alot. My son loves it and if we want to be able to have other vacations other than Disney, that's where we stay. It's wonderful you will be able to do both! very fortunate you are!!!!:yes:

Ursula
08-01-2010, 11:39 PM
You're so going to hate me for this :( I hated All Stars when we visited it, the canteen was noisy and the place looked shabby :( We were staying at Pop at the time so I guess everything was new and shiny from there, but I did feel that if I'd come to All Stars first I would never have stayed on site ever again, that's how awful it felt to me. JMO though.

We stayed mod the next time because we wanted a fridge, but to be honest I would have been just as happy doing Pop again, and if you're just wanting the fridge deal that the Mods give you can get a free fridge at Pop I believe if you have meds that require refridgeration.

I found the Mod room slightly larger but not by much and certainly not enough to warrant to price difference between a Mod and a Value. Don't forget Mick, you can hire wheelchair for free the entire stay at Disney from the front desk, you can take it to the parks so you won't have to pay for a wheelchair hire at each park. We even took ours out to other places off site.

keith
08-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Yep all that's true and if we stay at a value, pop is normally our first choice (although I still hold a special place in my heart for all star movies which was the first onsite resort we ever stayed at :yes: )

The mods ARE probably the sweet spot. A LITTLE more than the values but a LOT less than the deluxes.

If you stay at one of the Port Orleans, you get an onsite restaurant which is handy when you're tired and just want a quite bite. The boat ride to DTD is great and really relaxing plus convenient! There's also a nice bar at both resorts and of course a free fridge (though getting a free fridge at a value resort is easy if you have meds which need keeping cool)

Tinkfan
09-01-2010, 12:09 AM
All Star Movies was our first resort as well!! we did like it there, Ty was quite young at the time and loved the characters, We've stayed a couple times at POFQ and really liked it, nice and quiet with very pretty grounds. The fridge came in handy for insulin and drinks! really any where on grounds is great with me, but I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to see the animals. Almost every time we go we bring a friend or family members with us lol, at this rate I'll never get my wish but the company is great!

Britchick
09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
we didn't go to the food court and ask to be as far away as possible so the noisyness doesn't bother us, I would rather stay at a value resort and have the extra money or completely splash out and stay at one of the deluxes.

Tinkfan
09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Crayola, I didn't realize that you could get a wheelchair for free at the front desk?! That's great except I would probably still need to get a scooter for my brother. I'm 5'3 and Kevin is 6'1"!! and is more than double my weight :sorry: Not so easy to push I would guess!

josh.p.
09-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Mick that sounds like an :awesome: deal :yes:

Mags
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
sounds great Mick! Nothing wrong with the All Stars. We loved it there. Now i know lots of people love Pop but we hated it with an absolute passion. If we were to stay value again, it would be All Stars for us again.

Margaret

ukwdwnut
10-01-2010, 12:24 AM
well ive only ever set foot onsite at one hotel and it was awesome, could afford that, but it wouldnt be for the whole trip, just too expensive. but looking at the values like movies just didnt appeal to me, not being snobby or anything, if the choice was totally up to me but if it was a deal you couldnt pass on id stay there i guess.

didnt know about the WC free onsite, ideally id want a scooter next time, i just didnt feel independant having someone have to push me when i had to sit and wanted to go somewhere...also having denise puch me like she was following a zig zag line at a crossing was making me sea sick as well lmao

Ursula
10-01-2010, 07:56 AM
I've heard it's way cheaper to hire a scooter privately than to hire one each day from the Disney parks.

ukwdwnut
10-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I've heard it's way cheaper to hire a scooter privately than to hire one each day from the Disney parks.

180 a week i think helen and $40+ a day at a park

Tink
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
We've stayed at All Stars and quite enjoyed it! :yes: We still prefer it to Pop! LOL. See? Something for everyone at WDW.

The food court there is much nicer than the one at Pop, as far as we are concerned. Far greater choice, and nicer choices, as well.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

Now the cruise... :unsure: Not so sure about that. :sorry:

Ursula
10-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Yep I agree about the food court. We did prefer the food, they had less fast food items and more dinner type meals which we prefer. Do they still have that kick ball thing on a bungee cord? Just that when we were there eating some kid was kicking the heck out of it and went on for what seemed like hours :( I nearly wrapped the cord round his neck.

Tinkfan
10-01-2010, 09:09 PM
180 a week i think helen and $40+ a day at a park

How does that convert?

Tinkfan
10-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Yep I agree about the food court. We did prefer the food, they had less fast food items and more dinner type meals which we prefer. Do they still have that kick ball thing on a bungee cord? Just that when we were there eating some kid was kicking the heck out of it and went on for what seemed like hours :( I nearly wrapped the cord round his neck.

we've stayed at ASMovies and enjoyed the food court there, but we usually just eat breakfast and the occasional lunch there anyway.

ukwdwnut
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
How does that convert?

289.33200 US$

Tinkfan
11-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks Mick, that gives me an idea of what we'll have to spend!

Tink
11-01-2010, 12:45 PM

I don't know Helly. I've never noticed it! LOL.

I remember one fine sunny morning, Herself and I sharing a breakfast (it was that large!). It was eggs, sausage, and biscuits. The biscuits were tiny little tea size, and you were given two. Worked like a charm!

We also shared a roast pork dinner one evening...

Herself's parents used to like to go over to All Sports for dinner once in awhile (before her Da died :( ). They had those "lifetime cups" and would get a drink of coffee (he) and have their supper. I don't think the place much lends itself to that anymore, but you can see how my like for the place is caught up with good memories.

ukwdwnut
11-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks Mick, that gives me an idea of what we'll have to spend!

i got mine from walker mobility here (http://www.walkermobility.com/)

they were really good and had the WC at our own malcolms villa the night before i got there

Tinkfan
12-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Thanks Mick, That is a huge help, I wouldn't have known where to start:yes:

ukwdwnut
15-01-2010, 10:05 AM
your welcome trish

all you need do about anything is google your requirements, and there are a plethora of companies doing it :)