PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the weekend?

Dawn
09-01-2010, 07:08 AM
My plan is to clear more snow. Got car access cleared yesterday and another inch of snow has fallen overnight. No karate or football for Steven. Starting to go a bit stir crazy now. Still could be worse. We have heat, food and water.

Skywatcher
09-01-2010, 08:28 AM
We have had about 4 inches overnight :sigh: my world is now monochrome

Dawn
09-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Think it's safe to say my wallflowers are dead. :(

On a plus side though I have 12 goldfinches in the garden. :mental:

Skywatcher
09-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Our feeders are heaving but as soon as I put out hot water it freezes and its still snowing!

We have about 25 greenfinches and 3-4 chaffs no golds at the moment, we had a redwing on the feeders first thing not had one of those in the garden before.

Big Big snow for the first time rather than ice now.

Dawn
09-01-2010, 09:25 AM
I made some fat blocks yesterday using beef suet, beef dripping and lard. So far the beef dripping one seems the most popular. May go into business soon. :D

Can't get the niger seed out fast enough for the golds at the moment. :mental:

daveann
09-01-2010, 09:29 AM
our small birds are almost non existant as we have so many magpies :(

Skywatcher
09-01-2010, 09:32 AM
we have magpies out amogst all the little ones at the moment

Dawn
09-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Now. Do I iron the school uniform for Monday or not? :unsure:

Deb
09-01-2010, 09:48 AM
We've had around 8 inches overnight and it's snowing again now. Our hot water system is being replaced today after breaking down completely so that is proving to be a total disruption to the day. The plumber's assistant had to leave his car and walk over the fields with his toolbox to get here, bless him!! So, tons to do here, but can't do much as we have no hot water for cleaning and clothes washing. A bit of packing will be done instead.

On the plus side, we have a roaring log fire going! And we also have tons of lovely hungry birds here! :thumbsup:

Deb
09-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh Chris, we had a redwing here for the first time ever too yesterday :thumbsup:

mumof2
09-01-2010, 09:51 AM
i cleared the pavement, car access and front path yesterday. my car windows i cleared that first night after the big snowfall. it stayed clear.......until now, grrrr.

the house is an absolute tip after having the boys home for 3 weeks. every time i clear up i turn around and it's a mess again! i had decided during the holidays to leave it 'til they went back to school...ha! :thumbsdown:

hoping to get out clothes and shoe shopping with them this afternoon :unsure:

kazzaqld
09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Got a new sparkplug for the lawnmower and DH managed to do some of the front lawn before discovering we were low on mower fuel! :surrender:

My job is to go get more tomorrow and he'll take up where we left off on Monday. At least we cleared a path to the front door - the jungle was taking over! :unsure:

Skywatcher
09-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Still snowing heavily. Just been out to top up feeders. Poor little things as it's mainly old folk around here I think we are the only people feeding them it's a riot out there at the moment at least 60-70 birds

Skywatcher
09-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Lisa just back from walking to supermarket apparently the local tesco express has been gutted by panic buyers

Dawn
09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Adrian's just come back from local shops. They're all doing a good trade at the moment but have nothing to restock shelves with. The Co-op soup shelf was empty. :eek:

daveann
09-01-2010, 01:03 PM
dave has gone down the beach with lucy :) my feeders are stocked and the squirrel is having great fun with them :)

Skywatcher
09-01-2010, 01:37 PM
We have no squirrels today snow too deep for them presume they are having their semi hibernation thing they do like the badgers do

Deb
09-01-2010, 01:53 PM
We have squirrels rooting around here, they are sitting on the table on the verandah happily munching with the robins and blackbirds. Rabbits too, and we have thrown some greenery to them. Mr Pheasant is sitting uner the bird feeder waiting for the messy birds to drop seed down for him.

josh.p.
09-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm praying for more snow on Monday! :P

Dawn
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
My parents had a woodcock in their garden today. :thumbsup:

Britchick
09-01-2010, 05:48 PM
we had a vole running around the office yesterday-frightened the life out of me! It came through a gap in a door and went out again after causing havoc. I think he must be fed up with the snow. Was going to go out today to take some photos but my cold seems to be turning into something nasty- so staying in the warm for now! Wish i could feed the birds but my naughty puppy chases them all off and eats their food!

Skywatcher
09-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm praying for more snow on Monday! :P

:dozey:

Dawn
10-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Well we had no snow overnight and this morning there were signs of a thaw...

...and now it's snowing again. :unimpressed:

I have to take the car out in a minute. Need to get to a pharmacy as Adrian and Steven are poorly. Going over to Cissbury this afternoon to walk the dog with my parents and the mad Setters. Will take camera. :D

Dizneyblonde
10-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Well i've done the naked snow dance in the garden for days and we've still had nothing.

Perhaps i've scared the snow off...

Britchick
10-01-2010, 11:18 AM
it's raining/sleeting now.........don't want it to go!

Dawn
10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Starting to go here now too. :(

dumbo77
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
well i had to work most of the weekend but did manage to build a snow man with the boys. this weekend however is my weekend off so im going to sit with my boys n dh n watch films n eat crisps n hot chocolate n do nothing else at all.