PDA

View Full Version : Yaaay!

Ursula
12-01-2010, 02:34 PM
My Son flies in from Germany on Sunday! I haven't seen him since the accident that nearly killed him. He's going to get a big hug and squeeze! He's only over for 4 full days but I'm very happy.:thumbsup:

cloud
12-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Oh I know exactly how you feel, my son lives in california and was home for 5days over the xmas period and got a big mummy cuddle on arrival too!!!! we only see him once a year wich is awful!

daveann
12-01-2010, 03:17 PM
oh nothing like giving mummy cuddles even if they think there to old :)

Ursula
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Lol... he towers above me and thinks it is amusing lol.

arkvilla
12-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Ahh - have such a lovely time.

My 2 boys of 15 & 17 tower over me and have for a long time but as I'm only 5"1 it doesn't take much.

Kyle is only 10 and isn't far off my height

I quite like being small so I don't mind

Good things come in small parcels ;-)

Sandra

Britchick
12-01-2010, 05:24 PM
did i miss something Helly?

you must be very excited anyway! :thumbsup:

mumof2
12-01-2010, 06:24 PM
and i bet he loves his Mummy cuddles too!

what happened to him Helly? :hug2:

Tink
12-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Now that is the nicest thing, Helly! :yes: Hugs, and kisses and good food. All the reasons to go home to Mom. :D

Arkvilla, my Mother is 4'8"! :D My Da always says that!

Ursula
13-01-2010, 06:35 AM
It makes me laugh he always comes with a list of meals I have to cook for him, the ones he misses the most lol.

Mumof2 and Brit, he fell 60 feet off a roof right through the building and onto the concrete floor below :( He broke his back in 3 places and his arm and wrist took the brunt of the fall, and was shattered. He was airlifted to hospital and the paramedics said he must have had a guardian angel because by rights he should be dead. Luckily he wasn't paralysed, the only thing is he has metal plates in his wrist now which will be permanent and he has to wear a brace on his wrist all the time now for strength. Previous to that though, he was driving on the motorway and hit black ice and his car spun round and was hit by a lorry, again he was lucky to walk away from that. No wonder I have some grey hair :(

Tink
13-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Good grief, Helly! :eek: Lock that boy up! You must have been so worried. :( :hug2:

Having a plate in his wrist, after breaking his back in three places is pretty good luck, I'd say.

He surely deserves his Mum's best cooking, that's for sure! :hug2:

Enjoy your time with him Helly. Remind him that although a grown man, he's still your babe, eh? :yes: :)

Ursula
13-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Aye lol. Although he will fight that one all the way lol.

mumof2
13-01-2010, 12:58 PM
It makes me laugh he always comes with a list of meals I have to cook for him, the ones he misses the most lol.

Mumof2 and Brit, he fell 60 feet off a roof right through the building and onto the concrete floor below :( He broke his back in 3 places and his arm and wrist took the brunt of the fall, and was shattered. He was airlifted to hospital and the paramedics said he must have had a guardian angel because by rights he should be dead. Luckily he wasn't paralysed, the only thing is he has metal plates in his wrist now which will be permanent and he has to wear a brace on his wrist all the time now for strength. Previous to that though, he was driving on the motorway and hit black ice and his car spun round and was hit by a lorry, again he was lucky to walk away from that. No wonder I have some grey hair :(

Helly! OMG I can't imagine. He surely must have a guardian angel to come through all that....oh you poor thing. :hug2::hug2:

Ursula
13-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh it's fine... I didn't know anything about both accidents until long after the event. Ex husband didn't bother his ass to tell me...:furious::furious::furious::brickwall:

Tink
13-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I bet he'll surprise you. :yes: I bet if you just show him, instead of telling him, that he is your wee one, forever and ever :D he'll eat it up like a hungry boy. :yes:

It's that you are going to spend time with him that matters eh? :yes: :hug2:

Ursula
13-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I bet he'll surprise you. :yes: I bet if you just show him, instead of telling him, that he is your wee one, forever and ever :D he'll eat it up like a hungry boy. :yes:

It's that you are going to spend time with him that matters eh? :yes: :hug2:

Lol... last time he came he kept hugging me and leaning on me when walking lol, just because he could. :hug2: He's 24 now lol.

Tink
13-01-2010, 01:08 PM
24 is just the age to shower him, Helly. He's strong, and self assured, and deep down insecure. That's where you'll reach him, deep down in his heart.

I remember a bit about that horrible ex-husband. What a hateful man, and I don't say that lightly. To not tell a mother that her child is hurt (or any parent, regardless of gender) is just flat out pure sin. It hurt no one more than the child.

I'm glad the boy comes to see you Helly, and clearly loves you so. :hug2:

mumof2
13-01-2010, 01:20 PM
unbelievable. As Tink says, that is a sin and completely unforgivable. :hug2:

Ursula
13-01-2010, 01:32 PM
DS has nothing to do with him at all now. Plus I know ex husband is miserable as sin lol and it's of his own making.

Tinkfan
13-01-2010, 01:43 PM
That is awful ( ex I mean) How wonderful that he'll be home:yes: Have the best time, they're never too big to love> :hug2:

Britchick
13-01-2010, 04:30 PM
jeez Crayola, nothing makes me happier than feeding my boys! LOL

Ursula
13-01-2010, 05:31 PM
The first thing he will do will be to butter nearly a loaf of bread and put marmite on it. Then after his dinner he will then make meat and gravy sandwiches, then about half an hour after that he will have some more marmite sandwiches..... best get shopping! Oh and he's as thin as a whippet!

He's extremely witty and if we have a chance I will get him to come on here and say "Hello" to you all lol.

Tink
13-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Well you see? People do that to themselves, don't they (alienate themselves from their families). He's getting nothing more than it seems he deserves, that ex...

Sounds like a hungry boy, Mama! Needs some proper rib sticking food! :D :D HEY? You going to make that pease porridge pudding soup for him? :D

Ursula
17-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Today's the day! The fridge is full to bursting all ready for the locust lol! And the Lancashire hot pot is a cooking as we speak in the slow cooker. :bounce:

Britchick
17-01-2010, 12:03 PM
:hug2:have a lovely time

Tink
17-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Oh good news!!! Hoping you are spending some wonderful time with your hungry boy right now! :yes: