PDA

View Full Version : Best off site eateries?

*Bambi-Belle*
18-01-2010, 08:27 PM
What is everyones favorite off site eating places? as in not Disney. We mostly eat on site as we normally stay on site.

We will be spending one of our three weeks at the Hard Rock Hotel. We will be staying at club level but don't know if the club offerings will cover dinner, I don't imagine they will. Soooooo I was wondering what everyones off site favs were. Also if anyone has any recommendations for city walk.

We have eaten at Bahama Breeze and The hard Rock Cafe before and liked them both. Other ones we have liked the look of are Buba Gumps and NasCar (sp)

We are not fussy eaters but my youngest DS is not keen on sea food.

Tink
18-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Oh geez! LOL. I was ready to launch into a spate of seafood restaurants! LOL.

Longhorn is a good, decently priced steak place. :yes: Melting Pot is a yummy fondue place. Olive Garden is popular, with quite a selection of pasta as you would imagine.

Ale House (there are several) has a large menu, and extensive draft beer selection. :yes:

If you want higher end, Charley's Steakhouse and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse are two popular choices. :D

Ummmm...anything sound good so far? :unsure:

Britchick
18-01-2010, 08:30 PM
when we stayed club level at the Portofino the offerings were nice but you definitely couldn't make a meal out of it but that was 2003, it may have changed.

If you want informal i don't think you can go wrong with sweet tomatoes, i have heard bahama breeze is good too and plan to eat there when we go.

*Bambi-Belle*
18-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Oooh! I think we would love the melting pot. Fondues are great fun. I am sure I read in another thread about Keith liking Charley’s. Where would we find this restaurant?
I have tried and tried to convince my lot of carnivores to go to Sweet Tomatoes but no luck so far. Maybe this is my year. I think we may have been to the Olive garden back in 2003. For some reason I remember Connor being four and eating lots of lovely warm bread.

Thank you so much, I going to see if I can find some online menus.
We normally do Bahama Breeze when we are at sea world Julie. The kids love it there.

gwennie81
19-01-2010, 12:37 AM
I think the Nascar restaurant closed. Bubba Gump's is seafood.

Orlando Ale House is good. It's close to the Disney property. Around the corner from the Crossings shopping center and the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd. We have an Ale House here in Daytona (same chain). Their specialty is Zingers. They're basically chicken fingers with hot sauce but they're pretty good. They also have yummy burgers and cheap beer.

I like a few places on Conroy Road, near Mall at Millenia: BJ's Brewhouse, Elephant Bar, and the cafeteria at IKEA. All have kid-friendly food items.

arkvilla
19-01-2010, 08:00 AM
We hardly ever eat Onsite so 99% of the time we eat offsite.

We like ( in no particular order)
Romanos Macaroni Grill
Applebees
Cafe TuTu Tango
Manny's
Chilis
Olive Garden
Sweet Tomatos
TGI Fridays

If you register on Sweet Tomatos website they send you special offer coupons such BOGOF so do TGI ( Get More Stripes Programme)

Sandra

lisaw
19-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Really, really liked Olive Garden, we had a nice meal at the Market Street cafe in Celebration and loved Bahama Breeze.

Also liked Applebees although that was a bit further out unless we missed one nearer.

Oh and you can't go wrong with Sweet tomatoes :D

arkvilla
19-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Applebees is right next to our community so is great for us and they have the 2 eat for $20 deal and BOGOF on all house beers, wines and cocktails - can't go wrong :thumbsup:

Forgot to say we also love Thai Thani at Celebration :yes:

Sandra

Slowhand
19-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I am sure I read in another thread about Keith liking Charley’s. Where would we find this restaurant?

The Charleys that Keith referred to is on US192 Westbound near to mile marker 8 close to the underpass of I-4 and near to the entry road to Celebration.

Tink
19-01-2010, 12:02 PM
If you want to venture a bit futher into Orlando City proper, there is Ceviche. It is wonderful! I'm honestly not sure how kid friendly though. It's a Spanish Tapas place and we really, really enjoy it.

Sweet Tomatoes is ok for meat lovers. :yes: Really! :lol: There is always something there with meat. You could do it for lunch to see if they would "survive!" :D

If you REALLY want a meat lover's place head to Texas de Brazil! It's a churrascaria and meat, meat, meat is the name of the game. Get a coupon or some offer though. It's pretty pricey without. (It's on I Drive as you head for the Prime Outlets).