PDA

View Full Version : Our plane to the island!

kazzaqld
01-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Will be out of signal once we get there so talk to you Thursday!
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on 3

foreverducky
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Very tiny plane!

daveann
01-19-2010, 07:58 AM
i dont think so :lol: you wouldnt get me on that :lol:

have fun :)

Tink
01-19-2010, 12:05 PM
My first thought when I saw the plane was, "INTREPID!!! You are one brave cookie!" I think it would be a great experience to fly in one that size though, so I'd give it a go. :D

Will look forward to hearing about your visit when you return!

Slowhand
01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
So what`s the first class cabin like? :lol:

Britchick
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
i hate little planes, make me feel ill! when i flew from charleston to new york on my own in a regional jet i almost had to hold a strangers hand LOL

Slowhand
01-20-2010, 09:49 AM
I guess that I`m in the minority here but I just love the experience of flying in small planes.
The first time was when my DW and I flew in a 10 seater over the Grand Canyon a few years ago and every so often the pilot would bank the plane over at a steep angle so that we could take some photos. I was really enjoying this bit although my DW said that it made her a bit :eek:

My second experience was when my DW arranged for me to fly in a WW11 two seater Spitfire as a 40th birthday present.
This was piloted by a squadron leader from the RAF who went through his display routine with me on board which he carries out at air shows c/w barrel rolls and loops etc.etc.
This was an amazing experience and he even handed me the controls several times which was quite a privilege.

catrancher
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
So what`s the first class cabin like? :lol:

Terry,

That's a Britten Norman Islander. Quite a nice little aircraft actually. I just wish my DW wasn't so scared of flying! :sigh:

Anyway, first class on that little beastie looks a bit like this:

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/members/catrancher-albums-posted-piccies-picture525-uc-coach-etc.jpg

While coach looks more like this:

http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/members/catrancher-albums-posted-piccies-picture525-uc-coach-etc.jpg

You can get an no-extra charge upgrade! :laugh2:

Tom (:macwave:... I couldn't resist!)

uscwest
01-20-2010, 12:11 PM
My second experience was when my DW arranged for me to fly in a WW11 two seater Spitfire as a 40th birthday present.
This was piloted by a squadron leader from the RAF who went through his display routine with me on board which he carries out at air shows c/w barrel rolls and loops etc.etc.
This was an amazing experience and he even handed me the controls several times which was quite a privilege.
I would LOVE to do this. Not sure if maybe I'm not too old though.

catrancher
01-20-2010, 12:29 PM

I would LOVE to do this. Not sure if maybe I'm not too old though.

Now that we're a wee bit older, perhaps something a bit more sedate would be better. This one's in Australia but I know they're available in the UK and possibly even here in the US! :thumbsup:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACylNBPPnc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACylNBPPnc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

As far as I'm concerned, that's REAL flying. :yes:

Tom (:macwave:... currently building a model Tiggie!)

Slowhand
01-20-2010, 01:00 PM

I much prefer the look of the first class section Tom :lol:

Tink
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I know that you can have a go in a WW II era plan here. Issy had it arranged for her Dave. :yes: The pilot of that plane too allowed Dave to have control for a bit, I think but I may be wrong.

I really love the idea, but going fully upside down makes me totally ill so that would be out for me.

The Grand Canyon experience sounds great Slowhand!

kazzaqld
01-23-2010, 03:47 AM
Terry,

That's a Britten Norman Islander. Quite a nice little aircraft actually. I just wish my DW wasn't so scared of flying! :sigh:

Anyway, first class on that little beastie looks a bit like this:

You can get an no-extra charge upgrade! :laugh2:

I am very impressed Tom, that's exactly what it was! Nice little plane but a bit squashy.

We had a different on on the way back - will find a photo and post it! It was bigger - it even had an aisle! :thumbsup: No IFE though! :thumbsdown::tongue: