PDA

View Full Version : Thinking caps on parents

Dawn
14-07-2008, 01:23 PM
What are we going to do with all the boys and girls during the summer break then? This is the first time I've done this and I'm getting very nervous. Friday is Steven's last official day but they are all going in on the Monday after for a special day and picnic as it's the last day that school will exist - they are merging with the neighbouring middle school from next year.

I'm not doing to badly - got a week at the inlaws, a few days at my parents, and my parents are visiting here for a few days. Today I managed to get Steven on a week's course of swimming lessons during the last week of the holiday. We have the beach nearby and a dog that needs walking and a couple of good local parks too so will spend time there.

There are tons of activities in the town for the holidays but they all cost. But I think we should survive with what we have planned.

What do you do with yours? Let's get some ideas going.

lisaw
14-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Daniel gets booked onto 1 week of baseball and 1 week of football just so I can spilt my two up for a while otherwise I will not make it through six weeks with any sort of sanity left :shocked025:

Colin is off one week so we will spend that taking the dog on days out - we have Studland Bay planned (the dog beach not the nudist one) :p and various other places - although I can see him being carried a bit as he is not allowed to walk too far. :lol:

Other than that trips to the cinema for Mama Mia nd Wall-E and hope the kids club is showing something decent as well. Mornings at Legoland, picnics in the park if the sun shines at all, that sort of thing. :)

Ursula
14-07-2008, 01:45 PM
This what you find out what those child locks on cupboards are really for..... not for keeping the kids out of the cupboards but for keeping them locked IN the cupboards.... You stock up on cooking sherry and every now and then throw them some food... It's every Mothers little secret....

Dizneyblonde
14-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Or you can visit me!

Dawn
14-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I'll have to check my schedule.

Wendy
14-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Or you can visit me!

But not during the 18th and 22nd August, I won't be here :( :o :wink:

Dizneyblonde
14-07-2008, 02:33 PM
We have the firework competition in the summer.....

Wendy
14-07-2008, 02:37 PM
We have the firework competition in the summer.....

I always forget about that, it's normally good although I'm boring I sit in bed and watch it :lol:

Dawn
14-07-2008, 02:38 PM
But not during the 18th and 22nd August, I won't be here :( :o :wink:

Will be in Devon the week before that. ;)

Wendy
14-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Will be in Devon the week before that. ;)

:D

Dawn
14-07-2008, 02:47 PM
With husband, boy, and scary dog. :lol:

Claire
14-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Come to Dorset? Meet me in London? Take me Geocaching? Take in foreign (ie Dorset) students? Maisie can be packed in minutes..............

Dawn
14-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Come to Dorset? Meet me in London? Take me Geocaching? Take in foreign (ie Dorset) students? Maisie can be packed in minutes..............

I'm not doing the Poole one way system again for anyone.

Will be at London Zoo on a day as yet undecided at the end of August.

I'll take you geocaching but you have to keep up with the doggle.

Don't scare Adrian, it's his birthday tomorrow. :lol:

Claire
14-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm not doing the Poole one way system again for anyone.

Ok, I'm officially confused! Poole has no one way system! :confused: Are you sure you were in Poole? Maybe a parallel universe?

Dawn
14-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I was in Poole. However I had just escaped the Bournemouth one way system so in a state of confusion. :(

Johnie
14-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I sent the child off to her her great grandma's in Kentucky for the summer. It's a tradition that started with me :p015:

Britchick
14-07-2008, 04:46 PM
well my two are going to my mums for a week, up to yorkshire in the caravan with dh, they're going on a PGL adventure holiday for a week(had a buy one get one free so it's a good deal) then we're all going up to northumbria for a week and then their grandad is coming to pick them up to go and stay with him in brighton for a week!!! wish i had their summer holiday!!

Taja
14-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Sounds like you have a good mix of activities planned for Steven--and yourself! :lol:

Does your local library have any children's programs? Keep him involved with the books--just a bit! :)