PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning MeMe

Beccaberry
14-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Another activity we do in our classroom...each Monday, we spend five minutes on a "MeMe"...simply a question to find out more about you....(my students LOVE to talk about themselves...)

You can give as much or as little information as you'd like :D

So here goes:

What’s the last thing you grab before you run out the door in the morning? Are you pretty good about being on time? Or do you constantly run behind? If/when you’re late, what is usually the reason(s)?

lisaw
14-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Normally I grab the kids as I run out of the door.

I absolutely hate being late with a passion and I normally get everywhere too early as I always leave myself loads of time. For this reason I don't like other people taking me to places - I think it's all part of my control issues :lol:

Ursula
14-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I always grab my car keys.... then mobile phone. I hate being late... I am always on time and if ever late which is a rarity it's because of a road accident usually... but I leave so early that when I get to where I am going I like to chill and relax by waiting. Hate hate hate rushing and being all flustered. My kids and family know... if I say I will be there then I will be there... and if I am not it's because of something serious... like an accident.. cos I never forget my plans to collect my kids EVER.

Dawn
14-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Another activity we do in our classroom...each Monday, we spend five minutes on a "MeMe"...simply a question to find out more about you....(my students LOVE to talk about themselves...)

You can give as much or as little information as you'd like :D

So here goes:

What’s the last thing you grab before you run out the door in the morning? Are you pretty good about being on time? Or do you constantly run behind? If/when you’re late, what is usually the reason(s)?

The boy.

Yes I'm a stickler for punctuality.

I don't run behind.

See first answer.

hayleyneeyore
14-07-2008, 03:49 PM

MystikPiglit
14-07-2008, 03:55 PM
A mirror to check I haven't smudged my eyebrows off...

I hate unpunctuality and I'm terrified of missing trains etc so I usually leave too early for everything.
I've spent soooo many unnecessary hours in airports! :rolleyes008:

Johnie
14-07-2008, 04:22 PM
My keys are the last thing I grab going out the door. I absolutely HATE being late. I am almost always early, except for first thing in the morning when I am just on time :p

If I am late, it's due to traffic :mad:

I am truly lucky to get myself dressed appropriately in the morning. I am not a morning person at all. I never remember to get the lunch I pack so I just stopped doing that. I have literally gotten to work THREE times now with my shirt inside out :rolleyes008: One time I was taking the shirt out of the dryer and when I put it on, I noticed the buttons were really hot. Hmmm...that should have been a clue that I had it on inside out but noooooo :p

Taja
14-07-2008, 05:20 PM
I'm not a morning person--although my day begins pretty early--so I try to have as much as possible the night before.

About ten minutes before leaving, I tuck my cooler (a dozen people share a tiny refrigerator--the cooler made more sense!) and briefcase in the car. Do all the last minute checks (HVAC, lights, locks, etc.), grab my purse and jacket and head out the door.

If I did my job properly the night before, the keys are zipped into the front pocket of my purse and my sunglasses tucked just inside.

Drive onto the driveway, make sure the garage door closed completely and didn't go back up :oops: and I'm on my way!

Dorothy
14-07-2008, 06:19 PM
What’s the last thing you grab before you run out the door in the morning?
My purse usually

Are you pretty good about being on time?
I hate being late so I'm almost always on time. When Bob and I have to be somewhere at say 2:00 I tell him we have to be there at 1:30 because he is never ever on time and makes me crazy!!!

Or do you constantly run behind? If/when you’re late, what is usually the reason(s)?

If I'm late it because of traffic construction I didn't know about or an accident. If WE are late then it's because I forgot to adjust Bob's time to be there and he's always at least 30 minutes behind where I need him to be :rolleyes008:

Grammiepo
14-07-2008, 07:36 PM
grab money, no matter the problem , throw money at it and it will go away.:rolleyes008:
Never late always get to the party before my host has gotten ready, :shocked025:everyone knows so they count on me to help get things ready. :p015:As I have never been late for anything, I have no idea what would make me late?? :oops: I died??? A hippo in the road that won't let me by??:hippo3:

Tink
14-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I take my briefcase with the smartphone, my personal cell, the laptop, keys... etc.

I do not tolerate people being late very well. :sigh; Now, having said that, I've learned few lessons recently. I've gotten caught in more traffic, and had to take more "emergency calls" in the past two months than ever before. So now, I'M the one who is showing up late! :eek:

MUST do something about that! :eek:

luvthemouse
15-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Usually the last thing I grab on the way out the door is my coffee, just because the coffee pot is closest to the back door than anything else. Chris usually has Bryce..(he puts him in the car for me every morning..)
I'm usually about 5mins late for everything...and it's usually Holly's fault..unless it's Jack's...:rolleyes008:

Beccaberry
15-07-2008, 01:37 AM
....or maybe you forgot the diaper bag....you should *always* remember the diaper bag :wink:

Johnie
15-07-2008, 01:54 AM
oh yes, it's a good thing you have Holly to remind you ;)

SleepinCatz
15-07-2008, 02:12 AM
coffee.....live where i work so if I'm late I'm dead or the building is on fire....did I mention coffee??

luvthemouse
15-07-2008, 02:16 AM
....or maybe you forgot the diaper bag....you should *always* remember the diaper bag :wink:

oh yes, it's a good thing you have Holly to remind you ;)

Isn't it? She is the better parent, after all....lol;)

Beccaberry
15-07-2008, 02:17 AM
coffee.....live where i work so if I'm late I'm dead or the building is on fire....did I mention coffee??

LMAO, thank GOODNESS I wasn't drinking any at the moment, I'd have spit it all over the screen!

Johnie
15-07-2008, 02:18 AM

I know we only have 50 years of child raising experience between the 3 of us ;)

Beccaberry
15-07-2008, 02:19 AM

Indeed. You're quite fortunate to have her, you know. Good heavens, poor Bryce would probably be on the hood of the car buck naked in his carseat if it weren't for her.

luvthemouse
15-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Indeed. You're quite fortunate to have her, you know. Good heavens, poor Bryce would probably be on the hood of the car buck naked in his carseat if it weren't for her.

How very true!!! I do not know how she ever made it 11...

Beccaberry
15-07-2008, 02:25 AM
:lol:

keith
15-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Great thread :)

What’s the last thing you grab before you run out the door in the morning?

iphone, watch, keys

Are you pretty good about being on time? Or do you constantly run behind? If/when you’re late, what is usually the reason(s)?

Wellll tough one. I used to stress endlessly about being on time for everything. I felt I worried more about arriving on time than what happened once I got somewhere!

I'm now much more of a "priorities" & "results" person :lol: If something important comes up, I'll do it first, answer it, just get it done and if that means I'm late for something less important, then late it is :)