PDA

View Full Version : Question about doing a newsletter

keith
24-01-2010, 09:49 PM
One of the things we're planning to add as a regular item this year is the Disney Secrets email newsletter. It'll be sent out to all registered users so it should have a good reach beyond just the regulars.

I want to make it somewhat useful rather than just "selly" so we're going to try and make it a little more article based than just the usual click here to buy this and that.

I did want to have a villa section though and wondered what you all thought. Would it be better to have a villa of the month where we did a little interview with the owner and a "click here to read the rest" which would take them to a website with more of the interview, photos and a link to the owners site.

OR would it be better to stick to a more general piece on villas linking to the villa section here?

I guess we could do a combination of the two and interview someone each month whilst also pointing at the whole list?

Or perhaps you've got other ideas?

malcolm
24-01-2010, 09:54 PM
One thing you may consider is that owners are not just on here to advertise but to offer hints, tips and general well being advice to all members irrespective of members booking there villas or not....:point:and we dont bite:hug2:

Gotta go to bed now and put me teeth in the jar to steralise as dont want to give any members an infection:taunt:

keith
24-01-2010, 10:03 PM
One thing you may consider is that owners are not just on here to advertise but to offer hints, tips and general well being advice to all members irrespective of members booking there villas or not....:point:

Absolutely, but it'd be a nice side effect ;-) but an interview with hints/tips/advice would fit right into the type of thing we have in mind

and we dont bite:hug2:

That's not what Mick says! :taunt:

arkvilla
25-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Good idea Keith, either way sounds good.

I'm happy to do a feature of just go with the general villa linking.

I do occassionally bite but only when asked to do so :biggrin:

Sandra

malcolm
25-01-2010, 02:56 PM

Sandra

....and when she slips her lead:taunt:..see the state of me ankles:tongue:

arkvilla
25-01-2010, 03:59 PM
....and when she slips her lead:taunt:..see the state of me ankles:tongue:

Now now, don't be cheeky :tape:

I'll be sure to bite you now Malcolm :biggrin:

Sandra

Tiggers Golf
25-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Great something differant seems just the ticket
Barbara

ukwdwnut
25-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Absolutely, but it'd be a nice side effect ;-) but an interview with hints/tips/advice would fit right into the type of thing we have in mind

That's not what Mick says! :taunt:

ermmm excuse' what can you mean :lol:

Sandra

well you sure did chew my ear off at the barbie :wink: :lol:

arkvilla
26-01-2010, 07:34 AM
ermmm excuse' what can you mean :lol:

well you sure did chew my ear off at the barbie :wink: :lol:

And that was sober - you wait till you see me when I've had a drink - you'll need ear muffs :yes:

Sandra

Tink
26-01-2010, 12:35 PM
:lol: Sandra! You are shocking me! :lol: :wink:

arkvilla
26-01-2010, 12:41 PM
:lol: Sandra! You are shocking me! :lol: :wink:

Just incase you think I was literaly chewing Mick's ear :unsure: - it's an expression used here and Mick is saying I talk too much - cheeky man :wink:

Although to be fair - I can natter :lol:

Sandra

Tink
26-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh no, I understood that. :D It was more the "only bite when asked!" :wink: :lol:

arkvilla
26-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh no, I understood that. :D It was more the "only bite when asked!" :wink: :lol:

I know - look at me being a bit cheeky :yes:

Sandra

Tink
26-01-2010, 01:49 PM
LOL. All in good fun. :yes:

arkvilla
26-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh yes - I definately don't want to be biting anyone in 'real life'

What would Jai say if I went round biting strange men :nono:

Sandra

Tink
26-01-2010, 01:52 PM