PDA

View Full Version : Want to pace with me?

Shellyamc
01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Not for me silly people :nono:

I am waiting for my nephew :yes:

My Sister-in-law is at the hospital now being induced. Just waiting to get an update..

I feel like I haven't been around in forever, but I have been trying to catch up on all the news. I have to get some new pictures posted..geesh. Where does the time go :unsure:

uscwest
01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Congratulations Auntie to be.

Beccaberry
01-26-2010, 12:38 AM
OOOH!!! A new baby!! Here's to hoping he makes a bit quieter arrival than young Marc :)

Speaking of which...I do indeed believe we are due for some photos!

Tinkfan
01-26-2010, 02:13 AM
:wave: walk, walk, walk, turn....walk walk, walk, turn is it here yet?

Tink
01-26-2010, 02:54 AM
:tapnails::mental::tapnails::mental:

Shellyamc
01-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Nope..no baby yet :sigh: He is taking his sweet time! This will be my 5th niece/nephew for Dh's side of the family :yes: They are thinking he will come in the wee hours of the morning. She was moving along on her own, so unless the baby shows some kind of stress they are just going to let nature take its time.

Yes, you are due for pictures. Maybe I will go make a thread since I can't sleep :surrender:

Shellyamc
01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
NO baby!!! :thumbsdown:

We got a call at around 7:20 this morning and I said "BABY!" and Dh said "NO!" Geesh. She is going nowhere. Even with medication, she really isn't moving along very well. Her Doctor had a surgery at 7:15 this morning and so they were going to put her back on the drugs and see if anything moved along. If not, I think she is on the fact track for a C-section. This baby might be coming out kicking and screaming :unsure: Mine can't come out fast enough and her's want to hang on for dear life :lol:

So there we go..still no baby!

mumof2
01-26-2010, 05:06 PM
:doggy1:

this was as close as i could get to the pacing smiley! shall i make the tea and cakes now everyone? :unsure:

DisneyFreak
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Just keep pacing.....just keep pacing.....just keep pacing.....:mental:

Shellyamc
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm ready to just give her a good squeeze!! :toetap:

of course it doesn't help that my Mother-in-law is horrible at keeping people up to date about these things :slap:

I want baby!!!!

Claire
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I've paced so much I could have walked to Orlando!

mumof2
01-26-2010, 09:54 PM
:doggy1::doggy1:

Shellyamc
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
STILL NO BABY!!

It is now 6:50 pm and she has been at the hospital since yesterday morning at 11:30.

They have broken her water and she is at 5cm. They are going to give her a little while to see if things keep moving and if not then they are going to drag this little ****** out kicking and screaming!!

Tink
01-27-2010, 12:05 AM
He likes his nice cozy warm home. :yes: :D

Shellyamc
01-27-2010, 02:14 AM
oh dear..I said something that needed stars and for the life of me I can't even remember what I wrote :unsure:

6 letters..bad word..ummm...

Shellyamc
01-27-2010, 03:18 AM
We have a baby!!! :bounce:

He was finally born at 10:06 :mental:

We got the call at 10:11, so no numbers or anything yet. He is healthy and Mommy is doing well. Oh and she had a natural birth..no c-section :jawdrop:

hopefully we get a picture soon :)

thanks for pacing with me :hug2:

Tink
01-27-2010, 03:34 AM
:9: :9: :9: YAYYYYYY!

The asterisks are because the word you used is considered inappropriate in the UK. Here is the US we use more as a silly kind of goofy term, but there it retains it's original meaning, which is NOT what you meant at all.

I hope that made sense?

So, what is the new baby's name?

Shellyamc
01-27-2010, 05:27 AM
:9: :9: :9: YAYYYYYY!

The asterisks are because the word you used is considered inappropriate in the UK. Here is the US we use more as a silly kind of goofy term, but there it retains it's original meaning, which is NOT what you meant at all.

I hope that made sense?

So, what is the new baby's name?

Ahhh ok I get it! Sorry UK people I didn't mean to say anything naughty :sorry:

We don't know his name yet :sigh: We got the call only minutes after he was born and there were tons of calls for my Mother-in-law to make, so we kind of got the "they are fine..bye" call. I'm sure in the morning when things are calm we will get more info. When Dh gets out of work we are going to head up to see them, so hopefully I will come home with a pic or two :D

Tink
01-27-2010, 05:30 AM
That will be great!

Oh, everyone understands that you didn't mean anything by using the word. It's just one of those cultural differences. :yes: :hug2:

Are they in St. Luke's or some other hospital?

Claire
01-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the world little chap!

uscwest
01-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Congrats to Auntie, the family and welcome to the world little guy.

Shellyamc
01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
That will be great!

Oh, everyone understands that you didn't mean anything by using the word. It's just one of those cultural differences. :yes: :hug2:

Are they in St. Luke's or some other hospital?

They are at St. Luke's. I'm thinking of maybe bringing Marc to see the NICU where he spent so much time almost a year ago :yes:

Beccaberry
01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
YAYAYAY!!! A baby!!

Welcome!

Shellyamc
01-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Well we have met the nephew! He is adorable and at 8lbs 2ozs and 22 inches long, looks huge to me and my tiny babies :D

but..umm..I think I might know why he took so long to be born. This sounds really mean..but..I think he knew what they were going to name him :unsure: I don't think he likes it ..it is huge! I don't know..

Welcome to the world..Constantine Louis Marx Famalaro :unsure:

Beccaberry
01-28-2010, 04:21 PM
:thud:

Shellyamc
01-28-2010, 05:53 PM
:thud:

Thank you..I knew you would understand..:surrender:

Tinkfan
01-28-2010, 08:05 PM
:stork_baby: Welcome little one!! What will they call him?

Shellyamc
01-28-2010, 08:17 PM
:stork_baby: Welcome little one!! What will they call him?

I honestly don't know??

I think the story is that my Ds's boyfriend's family wanted the baby named Cozmo, but DS didn't like it. She wanted something that they could still call him Coz, but that wouldn't be his name.

Now I don't see how Coz is short for Constantine..but they didn't ask me :unsure: So many questions. Like what is his middle name? Is it Louis or Marx? What does he put in the little spaces when he fills out forms?

That and the poor little thing has to learn how to spell Constantine.. *I* had to look it up..I had no idea!

DisneyFreak
01-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the world..Constantine Louis Marx Famalaro :unsure:

:jawdrop:

At least you can stop pacing. :yes:

Tinker
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Congratulations Auntie Shelly ! Welcome to the world, Coz ! That is one long name to live with . HeHe

Tink
01-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh my gosh. I hope no one calls him Connie. :( Kids do that sort of thing you know.

He's a big boy with a long name. Good thing he has his cool cousins to stand up for him! :D

Shellyamc
01-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Oh my gosh. I hope no one calls him Connie. :( Kids do that sort of thing you know.

He's a big boy with a long name. Good thing he has his cool cousins to stand up for him! :D

So many many nicknames..you have to think of that stuff as a parent, ya know :sigh:

Yes, his cousins will do their best to help :yes:

Tink
01-29-2010, 01:29 PM
On the other hand, Constantine is a grand old style name. :yes: If they call him Coz, that's ok, and I can sort of see where they get that from Constantine.

You know what? I hated (still not to thrilled) with my "ugly, old name" as a kid. I wanted a pretty name like the rest of the Jennifers, Rachels, Lisas, etc...

I was called some pretty mean names, ones that I to this day won't willingly repeat. :lol:

All that to say, one thing I came to understand about my name is that it was unique (for the era/decades in which I was growing up) and no one else had it. It was mine (and some relatives :D ) alone.

Perhaps, without the meanness, little Coz will come to the same good understanding.

Tinkfan
01-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Isn't that true Tink? When I was growing up I was called Trish at home Patty by some grade school friends and Patsy by my God-Father. I cringed every time he called me Patsy, which of course meant that he did it more :yes:! I wish he was still here to call me that, somethings become treasured memories!