PDA

View Full Version : Air Traffic over my house

mumof2
28-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I just found these on my camera from last summer.......

the 1st is a fairly regular paser by, the 2nd is not!

Dawn
28-01-2010, 06:10 PM
We get that helicopter too! :D

Tiggers Golf
28-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I just found these on my camera from last summer.......

the 1st is a fairly regular paser by, the 2nd is not!

OOps where did he go lol, we live on the flightpath for Doncaster but it's much quieter now it's not RAF any more I went to the Queens 25th Anniversary Review there when I worked at an airbase surprising what jogs your memory
Take care he doesn't land on your garden
Barbara

mumof2
28-01-2010, 06:16 PM
did you spot him in the last pic?

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu72/mellw/1.png?t=1264702672

mumof2
28-01-2010, 06:22 PM
OOps where did he go lol, we live on the flightpath for Doncaster but it's much quieter now it's not RAF any more I went to the Queens 25th Anniversary Review there when I worked at an airbase surprising what jogs your memory
Barbara

I did wonder if he was going to! We get some really interesting air traffic, we're not near a big airport, Gatwick is about 45 minutes away.

We get the small planes flying along the coast on their days out, big planes that are very high and very quiet, the coastguard, police helicopter, chinooks, and when the air show is on at Shoreham Airport we get to see some of their aircraft too, jets and bombers and such like....it's excellent!

Dawn gets it all too! :thumbsup:

josh.p.
28-01-2010, 11:49 PM
We get easyjet going to 'MAGALOOF' from liverpool airport over ours :rotfl:

Slowhand
29-01-2010, 10:20 AM
This thread reminds me of a few years ago when the leader of the Red Arrows was a guy who was born in Stoke-on-Trent.
He always made a point of trying to fly over the city en-route, or on the way back, to and from their displays around the country.
I`ve lost count of the number of times when the Red Arrows flew over our house at the time although sadly I never had my camera at hand. :sorry:

We also had loads of Chinook `copters around where I live as they were going to and fro RAF Stafford.

lozzy
29-01-2010, 10:40 AM
We get that helicopter too! :D
I used to, haven't seen or heard it since we moved.:unsure:

mumof2
29-01-2010, 11:45 AM
the red arrows!

After school one day we waited for half hour with Matthews friend while he waited for his Nan to collect him.

When she arrived we had a bit of a chat and THE RED ARROWS flew right over our heads.......couldn't believe it! I hadn't seen them for *years* before that! :thumbsup:

Beccaberry
29-01-2010, 12:00 PM
:WOW: That's pretty cool!

Tinkfan
29-01-2010, 12:58 PM
That's really cool, since we live in the country on top of a rather large hill we get a lot of hang gliders or hot air balloons in the summer,

Ursula
29-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Like Brit I get to see the Red Arrows almost on a weekly basis... this week they have flown over four times over my house, most times we get to see them practising their flights and shapes in the sky.... usually around Valentines day you will see red love hearts in the sky :D

Ursula
29-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Barbara

Oh I say! Imagine a man plopping straight into your garden! (Never to be seen again once I've shown him unner me stairs!)

Tiggers Golf
29-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Oh I say! Imagine a man plopping straight into your garden! (Never to be seen again once I've shown him unner me stairs!)

OOOH that's daring lol

Britchick
29-01-2010, 06:50 PM
my favourite i think is watching the falcons (parachute display team) practicing at Brize Norton- they used to get better and better as the season went on.

I see the arrows quite a bit but we have quite a few different types of planes over us, King Airs, Dominie, AWACS, and the very useless typhoon :tongue: I can name most RAF aircraft!