The Moon and Mars get all snuggly tonight.:thumbsup:

The current weather suggests it will be too cloudy to see. :thumbsdown:

ukwdwnut
29-01-2010, 09:24 AM
woohoo the weekend is nigh

only got one more week then 4 days and im off on holiday again for a week :D

Skywatcher
29-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Should be clear over the weekend though Dawn :yes: 31st is the brightest Mars will be and shoud be quite a sight if you give yourself time to adapt.

We are goingto the choklit factory, but the boy knows nothing of it

there is a golden ticket in bar of Dairy Milk that will be presented tomorrow :D

ukwdwnut
29-01-2010, 11:03 AM
where in the sky will it be chris?

Skywatcher
29-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Rises in the east at about 8 and steadily climbs high throughout thenight - it is pretty bright and is very obviously orange if you let your eyes adapt for a few minutes

uscwest
29-01-2010, 11:44 AM
We are expecting more SNOW this weekend. ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

and

Nathanael is coming to spend the night tomorrow.

Beccaberry
29-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Yay!!! Nathanael!! He's too cute, though I swear I may not recognize him the next time I see him!

Starting my Friday on a 2 hour delay from school due to snow...which automatically means it's a "jeans day" for faculty. I LOVE these Fridays!

The weekend....I live for them these days. Especially this kind...not a single, solitary plan. I love to be busy and social, but every now and then I do love my quiet weekends. Thinking about seeing a movie, maybe getting out w/ the camera if the weather is nice...ahhhhhhhhhhhh the possibilities of an unencumbered weekend!!

ukwdwnut
29-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Rises in the east at about 8 and steadily climbs high throughout thenight - it is pretty bright and is very obviously orange if you let your eyes adapt for a few minutes

ok thx chris, will take a peek :)

Tinkfan
29-01-2010, 12:55 PM
:bounce: We have a by week-end!!! What is that you ask? It means NO hockey or basketball all week-end long!!It hardly ever happens and almost never with 2 sports at once. Whoopie!!! We haven't had a break in almost a year!!!!Track, cross country, hockey, basketball, soccer, football, my boy loves them all :hug2: :yes: I can stay in bed till after 6 am!!!Party!!

Tink
29-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Chilly here this am, and I'm gearing up for serious worry about having to go to the NE on Monday. :(

Not sure what's on for the weekend, no real plans yet. I think I'd like to do something really boring like rearrange the furniture. I get tired of it in the same old place after a bit. :yes:

Heading home later today...

Skywatcher
29-01-2010, 01:43 PM
:rolleyes: Lisa does that - I go into the kitchen and NOTHINg is where it was the previous day - 3 months on and I still go to theold cupboard :lol:

Tink
29-01-2010, 02:04 PM
LOL! Yep. I've been known to do that too (rearrange, I mean). :yes:

It's just that once you start working in a kitchen, the better arrangement of things sort of reveals itself, and you simply move things to a more functional, or workable spot.

Skywatcher
29-01-2010, 02:08 PM
No she does it as she likes change

:unsure: just hope that never extends to me :eek:

Tink
29-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Well, I do that too, like change I mean. I change the house around, sometimes my poor hair suffers mightily because I like change...

Having a solid spouse is NOT in the realm of wanting change. That there is someone in your life who you can always count on for everything, is the solid basis from which changing the smaller things in life (and not so smaller; moving, jobs, etc.) acts as the foil for those of us who like change.

Some people do not. Some people for example, have their funiture in the same place for years. That would drive me mad. I like to change it up, change the decor (I'm murder for wanting new furniture every five years or so. :lol: ) change all those things that can be changed, to keep things lively and fresh. :yes:

Get it? THINGS, not people. :hug2:

Claire
29-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Well I've got to drive to Bristol airport at 8.30 this evening to collect DH and won't get home until approx 1am. Not fun for the little ones. Party tomorrow night for a friend's DH then sorting stuff out for DH to head back to Berlin on Sunday. Blink and it's gone.

DisneyFreak
29-01-2010, 03:25 PM
:sorry: Last week at this exact time I was laying in a hammock on Serenity Bay. :sorry:

Beccaberry
29-01-2010, 04:25 PM
:sorry: Last week at this exact time I was laying in a hammock on Serenity Bay. :sorry:

Oh that is REALLY harsh, mate!!! :hug2: BTW, would LOVE to see photos of your trip!!! I could us a bit of sunshine right now!

Well, I do that too, like change I mean. I change the house around, sometimes my poor hair suffers mightily because I like change...

My mom would move the furniture when she was angry/frustrated. I always knew to steer clear if I came home and the couch was somewhere new. One evening my dad came home very late from work and ambled into the bedroom to go to bed. Imagine his great surprise when he collapsed into bed only to find she had moved it and *he* had wound up on the floor on his back like a turtle. He never accused her pot roast of being dry again.

arkvilla
29-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Off to friends for dinner tonight ( we haven't seen them since July so we are really looking forward to catching up with them)

Tomorrow I am off to Lakeside ( big shopping centre and eating area) there is a meeting from another forum I am on... Mick will know - it's the Lakeside Lushes Meet - now I'm NOT a lush but I do like a night out occasionally. :)

Sandra

DisneyFreak
29-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh that is REALLY harsh, mate!!! :hug2: BTW, would LOVE to see photos of your trip!!! I could us a bit of sunshine right now!

Planning on posting some pics and navigators this weekend. :yes:

Dawn
29-01-2010, 05:14 PM
I was snowed on today. :mental:

josh.p.
29-01-2010, 05:21 PM
me too :yes: :mental:

Dawn
29-01-2010, 05:28 PM
You weren't standing in the middle of a cemetary though were you.

Kind of a poignant moment really. :sigh:

Jodie
29-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I've straightened my hair for the first time in forever, going out to an Italian for a friends birthday tonight then tomorrow takeaway and Wii games around another friends.

Even though i'm not working I still love da weekend!

:)

Jodie

Tinkfan
29-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Just went through all the summer gear to see what we need for our trip! Funny looking at t-shirts when it's 12 degrees outside! Ty needs all new sandals and running shoes and a few more pairs of shorts. Funny the only thing that grows on that boy are his feet!!!!Mens size 7 :sorry:

Dawn
29-01-2010, 06:10 PM
the Moon and Mars are out. :D

Took some really rubbish photos and had a squint through the binoculars. Scope is chilling on the patio while we wait for the pizza delivery. :mental:

daveann
29-01-2010, 06:20 PM
only got 1 day off working right through until wednesday :( so have to make the most of it :)
im flippin freezing too cant get warmed up :(

Johnie
29-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Today's my flex Friday so I'm not at work. I have to go out and get groceries since we're expecting almost a foot of snow tonight. Why can this not happen on a Monday? We'll get snow and I'll still have to go to work next week.

Beccaberry
29-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Planning on posting some pics and navigators this weekend. :yes:

Excellent!