PDA

View Full Version : Signs of Spring coming

Dawn
06-02-2010, 01:23 PM
I have washing hanging out to dry in the garden, the first seeds have been sown in the greenhouse, the seed potatoes arrived this morning and I've been to the garden centre to buy compost.:thumbsup:

It's the simple things that bring the biggest pleasure sometimes. :yes:

daveann
06-02-2010, 01:26 PM
the nights are getting lighter too :)
dont you just love spring coming on :)

Tink
06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
We have baby lettuces. :yes: :9: And, our tomato plants are growing nicely.

We've had a lot of rain and that's a bit of a problem here, but since we are container gardening, we can move them under the pan roof for some protection.

I've seen loads of robins though, so that means spring isn't springing in the northeast yet. :sigh:

Sunshine today! :yes:

Britchick
06-02-2010, 02:21 PM
i noticed the light nights too, we actually had the windows at work open yesterday :thumbsup:

Tinkfan
06-02-2010, 02:22 PM
:sorry: We won't have spring until April at least and even then we still have snow alot of times.

Slowhand
06-02-2010, 02:28 PM
the nights are getting lighter too :)
dont you just love spring coming on :)
The worst thing though is that the nights will be getting darker in just over 4 months time! :lol:
Can`t you tell that my glass is always half empty, not half full! :lol:

Tinkfan
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
:nono: Slowhand, that's just June, prime summer weather, long days! Don't burst my bubble lol:slap:

Skywatcher
06-02-2010, 03:48 PM
birds are singing , bulbs nudging their way skywards, few green buds on the trees, definitely on its way but I feel we haven't seen the back of winter yet

Dawn
06-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I've had a cheery day. Just standing in the greenhouse putting compost in seed trays makes me smile because I know the dark evenings are coming to an end.

And Steven announced this morning that he did not want to go to football practise and could he have a go at rugby. :D

Just needs England to avoid being thrashed by Wales later today to make it the best day ever. :mental:

Britchick
06-02-2010, 07:01 PM
has the sun been shining down there? bloomin miserable up here! haven't been out at all.

Ursula
06-02-2010, 07:27 PM
The worst thing though is that the nights will be getting darker in just over 4 months time! :lol:
Can`t you tell that my glass is always half empty, not half full! :lol:

Oh Slowhand! (Hits him with a pillow)

Tink
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
AhhhhhhhhhhCHOOO!

'Scuse me. Feathers.

Dawn
07-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Another sign of Spring this morning.

My neighbour's first outdoor rant of the year. :lol:

He's a nice guy but every so often he turns into Victor Meldrew and goes off on one. Today it was about the neighbours the other side playing football in their garden. He's not happy about it.

And when I've finished my lunch I'll be setting up Steven's footie goal in our garden. :evil:

Beccaberry
07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
No spring to be found here yet...Jon just announced that it was 12 degrees right now.

Boo to that.

Typically I love the colder months, but I'm def looking forward to the Spring this year.