PDA

View Full Version : would you buy i pad

mainecoon lover
11-02-2010, 05:54 PM
would you buy the I pad in USA or home here ?. I was thinking of getting it when we go to New York in June.

Tinker
11-02-2010, 06:09 PM
NY, would be a nice souvenoir . :biggrin: My DIL doesn't like touch screen . Got rid of her $500 phone and went back to the keyboard . IDK anything about these new fangle phones or gizmos . I still have an ole generic LG flip phone .

Britchick
11-02-2010, 06:46 PM
i am considering it, not sure whether i would get just wifi or wifi and 3g. Don't think i would get more than a 16gb though.

keith
11-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Ill be queued up at the trafford centre :yes: There's no way I'll be able to wait until I'm in the states in May to get one!

Skywatcher
11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
more I think the more I thinkI'll get just the wifi and the 16gb - not prepared to pay another tarrif for 3G and for what I will use if for 16GB should be fine

Britchick
11-02-2010, 09:04 PM
if there is no wireless internet available will you be able to plug it into a cable?

keith
12-02-2010, 01:48 AM
if there is no wireless internet available will you be able to plug it into a cable?

no although you could use an airport express to convert the wired service to wireless and make your very own wireless hotspot (which is what I do every time I go to a Disney resort with wired only)

keith
12-02-2010, 01:49 AM
more I think the more I thinkI'll get just the wifi and the 16gb - not prepared to pay another tarrif for 3G and for what I will use if for 16GB should be fine

amazingly enough I agree. I've thought long and hard and finally believe that I'll end up using it home/work/holiday places with wifi. I have the 32GB iphone and havent used any of the storage really. I expect it to be a bit different with the ipad, books etc but still 16GB is a lot

keith
12-02-2010, 01:50 AM
would you buy the I pad in USA or home here ?. I was thinking of getting it when we go to New York in June.

meant to say, I think out of all the apple devices the ipad may be the easiest to buy in the states. No keyboard to be different over here etc. Power plug will be but thats no problem

josh.p.
12-02-2010, 01:14 PM
If I buy it, it will deffo be the wifi version :yes: I have no need for 3g.. can't see myself using it on the bus etc.

mainecoon lover
12-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:. I was thinking of treating myself. Dh does not think they are worth getting but i will be and he ain't going to be allowed to use it ;)

Skywatcher
12-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I would bet it'll use the same charger as the iphone and ipod so if you have one of them you'll be golden - just a guess at this stage of course but that sounds very 'Applish'

keith
12-02-2010, 02:17 PM
I would bet it'll use the same charger as the iphone and ipod so if you have one of them you'll be golden - just a guess at this stage of course but that sounds very 'Applish'

it does indeed :yes:

I think the clever money, if you want one ASAP as I do, is to buy the most economic wifi unit, see how you go with it. If it turns out you're taking it to non-wifi places etc. then prepare to sell it for a more expensive 3G model when version 2 comes out with a camera etc

Britchick
12-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:. I was thinking of treating myself. Dh does not think they are worth getting but i will be and he ain't going to be allowed to use it ;)

same here, but i have the go ahead 'if you want one just buy it Julie but i don't understand why you don't get yourself a decent laptop' in this house we have 3 personal lap tops. Jon has a work one and i have 2 work ones - wth would i 'need' another laptop?

i can't imagine using a camera on it

keith
12-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I think I've used my iphone camera more in the last year than my proper cameras! I'm forever in a shop somewhere and sending a phone photo back to someone to say "what about this?" etc.

ipad well I suspect a camera would do well in a meeting to snapshot a whiteboard, video conference or Instant messaging...

Then there's the often mentioned theory of facial recognition apps. Pick up the pad, it recognises you and says Hi Julie. You get all logged into your own stuff and leave a message for someone else. They come along pick up the pad, it recognises them, logs them in and reads your message to them.

Scan an item's barcode with it and it'll search for the cheapest price online for you. Scan your albums and it'll know what music you have and keep asking itunes for new suggestions that you may like same for books and amazon.

Stuff like that. This is a game changing piece of technology :yes: camera wont just be for taking not very good phone photos :)

Skywatcher
12-02-2010, 02:52 PM
me either the camera- if its anything like the iphone one would for me remain unused

josh.p.
12-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Imagine using iChat on it though!

Skywatcher
12-02-2010, 04:23 PM
I have no friends, certainly none who would want to see me 'shudder'

mainecoon lover
13-02-2010, 07:08 PM
You guys are the best for any techno info :D

catrancher
13-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I have no friends

Yes, you do! :toetap:

Tom (:macwave:... who considers himself friends with all of the people on this group!)

catrancher
13-02-2010, 07:22 PM
me either the camera- if its anything like the iphone one would for me remain unused

Ahh... but look what you can do with your iPhone camera! It's amazing! :thumbsup:

Best Camera Gallery (http://www.thebestcamera.com/popular.html)

Tom (:macwave:... who "used" to feel the same way!)