View Full Version : villa for 6 or more people?

16-02-2010, 11:20 AM
we're going back :wiggle: whats the best way to get a good price on a large villa? Is there an advantage to booking one that the travel companies offer versus going direct?

16-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I may be biased but it's much better to find your own villa. You can choose your location, get lots of help from the owner etc.

We have guests in at the moment and it's their 3rd stay in our home, just 2 adults and 2 children. We build up a relationship and they are secure in knowing they will have a wonderful stay in a lovely, clean home, as described, and not end up disapointed with their accomodation.

There's a few villas listed on Secrets, so have a look through them. All the owners will be happy to help you and I'm sure you'll feel more secure booking with someone on here, we all want every guest to have a wonderful time and recommend our homes :yes:

Enjoy your planning

16-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Excellent advice. I know that some of our members here have had not so great experiences when booking with someone they didn't know beforehand.

Not saying that is always the case, but it's good to have an idea who you are working with, eh?

16-02-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi.. Cant add much more than Sandra has said other than often most travel companies do allocation on arrival and the villa you see in the brochure may not be the one you get to stay in so if you do go travel company route then please ensure you ask.
As this forum has not long had an owners/villa advertising section you will find not many owners have had members stay in there homes yet, i have had one member stay in mine and another has booked this x-mas/new year so asking if members have stayed in any advertised villa may not bring a large responce just yet but i am sure the way the forum is growing it will do soon.
Once travel agencies have obtained your booking you dont get much help from them unless you deal with Val on here...she is first class.
Owners who advertise on here will always be glad to advise you of anything so do pick our brains.