PDA

View Full Version : Tiny step towards "the moment"

Dawn
21-02-2010, 11:58 AM
The moment when Steven steps out on to the rugby pitch got a fraction closer this morning. His defection to the round *spit* soccer ball was a brief affair and when he found out that picking the ball up was not allowed he quit in disgust.

Yesterday I wanted to sell him because his attitude just got me down so much. But last night I mentioned that a couple of his friends had rugby training this morning. Steven said he'd like to have a look. :mental:

This morning - well it's absolutely pouring with rain. :nono: But rugby players are made of tough stuff and training goes ahead no matter what. I offered Steven the option of deferring for a week but no, he wants to go for a look in the rain. So it's on with the waterproofs and down to the rugby club.

He has a look, says hello to a couple of the mums that he knows from school, had a brownie from the snack bar and then calls it a day. When we get back to the car he says "well it looked fun but I couldn't really tell in the rain so could we go back for another proper look when the weather is better and then after I can see how it all works I can join in and have a go"

:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

josh.p.
21-02-2010, 12:02 PM
:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Isafari
21-02-2010, 12:09 PM
:lol: each tiny step helps.

Tinkfan
21-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Baby steps remember!!

Tink
21-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Thank heaven the child has come to his senses! WHEW!!!! That's a close one Mama. Was getting worried about our Number Eight in the making! :D :D

Tell him Auntie Herself would expect no less from him! :D :D

Dawn
21-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Well I have him down for blindside wing forward which means he'd wear the #6 but hey anywhere on the pitch is fine. Even in the backs. :wink:

He's really thinking it through. He wants to have a proper look at training and watch them play a match so that when he has a go he'll have an idea of what he has to do. :D

Johnie
21-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Very, very cool!

Beccaberry
22-02-2010, 12:42 AM
:bounce: :bounce:

Tink
22-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Wing is good. :yes:

At least he's willing to give it a look, and think about it. Rugby. The REAL football. :D

Herself loved it mostly for the socialization that came after the game. :D No where else do competitors get together for a drink and song, eh? :D

Dawn
22-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Or in the kiddies case - a brownie in the snack bar. :lol:

I've promised him all the kit and the training kit and the club hat and everything. :evil:

MarkE
24-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Slow and steady wins the race Dawn!

Dawn
24-02-2010, 03:31 PM
What also helps is...football training time has changed and now clashes with his Saturday karate class. :evil: