PDA

View Full Version : Rant time

lozzy
22-02-2010, 10:35 PM
We recently sold an item on ebay and the item went missing for about 5 weeks, within this time paypal returned the money to the buyer, well today the parcel was delivered so paypal have said the buyer must return the money to us.
I emailed the seller asking for the funds to be returned to us and now the buyer is say the parcel has arrived but is damaged and now doesn't work so he is refusing to refund the money.
What a nightmare as I have a feeling the buyer isn't telling the truth.:thumbsdown:

Tink
23-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Wow. That is just wrong. :hug2:

dumbo77
23-02-2010, 10:47 PM
ask him to then send the item back so you can see the damage for yourselfs. if he dosent return it you should report him to the site administrators and have his account frozen while they investigate.

josh.p.
23-02-2010, 11:15 PM
You could also request pictures of the damage.

AbbyAddiesmom09
24-02-2010, 05:32 AM
I agree, my friend has had so many issue's with people on Ebay pulling that BS line. Its very frustrating and you have to fight tooth and nail with both ebay and paypal sometimes. We have both kind of given up on Ebay due to it. Hope you can get your money back :)

lozzy
24-02-2010, 07:44 AM
ask him to then send the item back so you can see the damage for yourselfs. if he dosent return it you should report him to the site administrators and have his account frozen while they investigate.
I have been in touch with paypal who have emailed him but he still refuses to return the goods at his cost or repay the money.

lozzy
24-02-2010, 07:46 AM
You could also request pictures of the damage.

He sent me the picture yesterday and the damage was to the 2 feet which the av reciever stand on, he has also now told me that he has fixed that damage but the reciever doesn't power up????????? I think the parcel would have had to have a great amount of miss handling for this to happen.

lozzy
24-02-2010, 07:48 AM
I agree, my friend has had so many issue's with people on Ebay pulling that BS line. Its very frustrating and you have to fight tooth and nail with both ebay and paypal sometimes. We have both kind of given up on Ebay due to it. Hope you can get your money back :)

I most say this is the first problem I have had but I will thin again about using Ebay or PayPal as a seller again. as it seems the favor is always for the buyer.

MarkE
24-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah it is definitely in favour of the buyer. I've stopped selling stuff on eBay lately as I was selling alot of pins to the US, and shipping was costing me a fortune, then one chap claimed a dvd I sent didn't arrive, and the cheeky mare sold the same thing (it's an old disney treasures dvd tin, so hard to come by) on ebay 2 weeks later!

With pin trading / buying taking off a bit here in the UK I'll just wait a while and start selling again in the summer. But for now eBay are in my bad books!!

mainecoon lover
24-02-2010, 12:39 PM
I had this with a mobile phone.The guy said i sent an empty box, then it was damaged. I stood my ground with paypal and won in the end. It was very annoying. I had a buyer the other day but she paid someone else not me. i contacted ebay and paypal, she goy her money back but has since stopped contacting me even though i have emailed, even offered to deliver as she is not far. I now give up with her.

lozzy
24-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I have spoken to Paypal again today as the buyer is still refusing to pay me the money, I have been told by paypal that he lost his case for a missing item and there for needs to repay me the money owing, but paypal can't claim the money back from him as the case is closed.
I am now going to email the buyer explaining this again but I am now going to inform him I will go thought the small claims court and that I am getting the poilce involved as he has now got my goods and hasn't pay for them.

lozzy
25-02-2010, 07:45 AM
I have recieved and email from the buyer saying he will return the item to me at his cost, I am really unhappy about this as I had a NO RETURN ACCEPTED policy with this item like I have with all my items, which he agreed to when buying, as he hasn't opened a case against me for Significantly not as described don't see how he has the right to return an item which he ordered.
Guess another phone call to PayPal is in order.

Tiggers Golf
25-02-2010, 12:44 PM
I have recieved and email from the buyer saying he will return the item to me at his cost, I am really unhappy about this as I had a NO RETURN ACCEPTED policy with this item like I have with all my items, which he agreed to when buying, as he hasn't opened a case against me for Significantly not as described don't see how he has the right to return an item which he ordered.
Guess another phone call to PayPal is in order.

Why don't you claim from the post office if you have pictures and the fact it went misssing
Barbara

lozzy
25-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Why don't you claim from the post office if you have pictures and the fact it went misssing
Barbara

As I sent the item with a courier we can any claim 50. if I have to have the item returned I am hoping I can have the damaged repaired and resell.

Tinker
25-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Unbelieveable , I had a very nice buyer that purchased my Donald Duck Pin Statue . He has been waiting 2 weeks for a $450.00 laptop that he purchased . I told him to Open A Dispute against the seller . There are some real ripoffs on ebay .