PDA

View Full Version : its Friday where is the Friday thread.......... Here :)

daveann
26-02-2010, 11:47 AM
well its friday what we all up to............

we have nothing planned except sorting out our holiday arrangements :)

Beccaberry
26-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Snooooooooooooooooow Day for me!!!!!

Tink
26-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Have to do a training with a recalcitrant team today. :( Then I'll get to drive three hours to home, so that's good. :yes:

Not sure what we'll be doing over the weekend. I'm honestly hoping for nothingmore challenging than rest. :sigh:

Hope everyone in the northeast is ok. Shellyamc, from what I've heard that area is hammered. :(

Beccaberry
26-02-2010, 01:08 PM
I definitely think Shelly's area is getting hit harder than ours...we have a snow day today, but the accumulation isn't much at the moment...

Although it is snowing at the moment. I've given up believing ANYTHING the weather forecasters say around here.

Tinkfan
26-02-2010, 03:01 PM
:wave: Our daughter called Ty this morning to gloat, she had a snow day and he didn't!!! Too bad for her she called at 7:05 and the bus left at 6:50!!!! So she then did what any big sister would do, she called the school secretary and left a one word message for his arrival... HAHA! They never grow up do they! It's rotten heavy snow today, don't know if I'll get out to do the shopping. Sorting through clothes for our trip, hate shopping for me. Need some summer clothes. My weight hasn't changed but some how the capris don't look right... Maybe it's the 2 feet of snow outside my door. Hockey this weekend, dinner out tonight.

Tinkfan
26-02-2010, 03:02 PM
well its friday what we all up to............

we have nothing planned except sorting out our holiday arrangements :)

What have you sorted out so far? Do tell!

Isafari
26-02-2010, 03:33 PM
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are arriving later today and are staying for the weekend. YAY.

Tinkfan
26-02-2010, 03:42 PM
:taunt: Is that a real "yay"? Have a great time!!! what do you have planned?

Dawn
26-02-2010, 03:48 PM
It hasn't rained here today. Very strange experience. I've never known my garden to be so wet underfoot. No chance of getting anything planted out yet. :sigh:

I'd played rugby this afternoon with my class - it was the best day ever. :D

Shellyamc
26-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Well I managed to tunnel through to come and talk to you all :tongue:

Yes, we are getting quite a storm. It started small, just a few inches, then kept coming and coming! The numbers on tv kept getting higher and highter until they said we could get up to 20 inches :unsure: We don't have that much yet, but it is still coming down. Last night when I took the dog out I stepped off the porch and it was up to my thigh:thumbsdown: It is wet heavy snow, so I am very thankful we have a snow blower! Dh is out doing that right now (he has a snow day today) and then it is a day of movies, games, playing in the snow, and hot cocoa! I'll post some pictures in a bit. It was the kind of snow that suck to all the trees..so pretty.

uscwest
26-02-2010, 05:55 PM
It hasn't rained here today. Very strange experience. I've never known my garden to be so wet underfoot. No chance of getting anything planted out yet. :sigh:

I'd played rugby this afternoon with my class - it was the best day ever. :DDid you get tackled and get all muddy?

Johnie
26-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Well I am not feeling well. I missed work yesterday and I really don't want to be here today. Hopefully I will feel better soon.

The wind is crazy here today! I was getting gas this morning and I swear I almost flew away. I did manage to lose my debit card somehow.

I don't have anything planned this weekend except taping my interview for class and mailing it off.

Britchick
26-02-2010, 08:02 PM
not a good start to the day, someone decided that they needed to call me at 2am to let me know they wouldn't be in for work today. Let's just say i'm glad I didn't see them today! so i'm tired. On call and got an essay to write for my course :sorry: Jon is back Sunday though so that will be nice

chief
26-02-2010, 08:28 PM
well i have not much planned for the weekend,visiting family etc. we find out on monday what secondary school my eldest will go to in september, so we all feeling very worried [catchment areas] i just want to stick my head in the sand and only get it out if it good news.:unsure: hope everyone has a good weekend.:thumbsup:

Britchick
26-02-2010, 08:29 PM
we find out on monday what secondary school my eldest will go to in september,

me too Chief!

chief
26-02-2010, 08:30 PM
oh dear are you as worried as me?

Britchick
26-02-2010, 08:33 PM
oh dear are you as worried as me?

for Caitlin yes, as she's certain about where she wants to go, but not for me- we are very lucky with schools here and both are within a mile of the house.

I'm sure it will be ok :hug2:

chief
26-02-2010, 08:37 PM
for Caitlin yes, as she's certain about where she wants to go, but not for me- we are very lucky with schools here and both are within a mile of the house.

I'm sure it will be ok :hug2:
i hope so

Britchick
26-02-2010, 08:42 PM
can you collect your offer online?

Dawn
27-02-2010, 06:40 AM
:eek: I'm worried about secondary schools already and mine is only 6!!

Steven has a maths workshop this morning so I have to drop him off there then go and collect my new glasses and then...shop for curtain fabric - that's a first for me then. :lol: Pick the boy up then it's back home for an afternoon of rugby. And ironing.