PDA

View Full Version : EXiF data on iPhoto + SD card question now

Skywatcher
26-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Any way to get this :unsure:

The infor you can put in does include - who is in the photo ( the face recognition thing is amazing and can also be hilarious as well ;) ) right down to where in the world the photo was taken ; BUT it doesn't include as far as I can tell the exif data

Now as the beautiful iMac has an SD slot I am simply sticking the card into the slot and uploading direct the iPhoto - doing 90% of tweaking in iPhoto ( perhaps a little GIMP if needed) but I'm not using the canon software at all.

So is there a way to get exif from iPhoto??? :unsure:

keith
26-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Re: EXiF data on iPhoto

try this
How to reveal EXIF data in iPhoto 09 iPhoto (http://iphoto.maccreate.com/2009/10/24/how-to-reveal-exif-data-in-iphoto-09/)

Skywatcher
26-02-2010, 02:57 PM

Well thats about as comprehensive an answer as I could hope for - spot on thanks mate.

OK follow up question about SD cards - I have an extreme III 4GB sandisk and have found knocking about in the cupboard and oldish 8GB one bought for a photo frame than didn't work as it was SDHC - they both havelittle numbers incircles and I presume this is to do with speed of access to the card or possibly even security

Now I'm asuming for videos I'll need a high transfer rate but I can't help but wonder if the slightly cheaper SDHC won't do the job just as well - the proce difference is really quite big especially if you are looking at a 32 GB one

keith
26-02-2010, 03:03 PM

Now I'm asuming for videos I'll need a high transfer rate but I can't help but wonder if the slightly cheaper SDHC won't do the job just as well - the proce difference is really quite big especially if you are looking at a 32 GB one

only one way on this one, try it ;)

I know it's a daft reply but people are all over the net saying this one works, that one doesnt and sometimes it seems the makers of cards just churn out the same cards with different labels on them (probably cheaper to do it than mess with the line). So some very unremarkable cards have worked just fine for video.

I use Compact flash on my 7d/5d MKII so I dont have fast sd cards but I do only use UDMA compatible cards for my video stuff.

You'll easily be able to tell if its working or not, shoot a load of video of the boys playing and see if it breaks up/stops on playback when you upload to the computer