PDA

View Full Version : best place to view shuttle launch

chief
26-02-2010, 08:47 PM
:thumbsup:we have just been told that they plan to launch a shuttle at kenedy space centre on 5 april 2010. as all tickets have sold out for that day i just wondered if anyone can tell me the best place to view it launching. my 2 boys love all things space [as well as disney of course] :thumbsup:

daveann
26-02-2010, 09:09 PM
we saw it from our hotel on international drive :) its an awsome sight no mistake we had the tv on in the room listening to the commentary and stood on the balcony you dont need to be close to the space centre to see it :)

Tink
26-02-2010, 09:18 PM
If you want to try driving over there, Port Canavaral and surrounds will be a great place. Go early though, it will be mobbed. Keep in mind it can be canceled too.

If you don't want to drive over, find the highest area that you are in and face east. You'll see it. :yes:

BUTTERHEAD1
27-02-2010, 05:18 AM
We saw it from the bridge near the United Kingdom in Epcot. It is very far away and not the best view but it was still exciting.

Dorothy
27-02-2010, 04:10 PM
We watched a launch from the beach of a hotel in Cocoa and it was awesome :thumbsup:

Isafari
27-02-2010, 06:52 PM
We watched the STS107 - Columbia launch back in 2003.
We were by a lake - pulled off at a layby next to the beeline expressway because we saw lots of other folks doing this. We were on our way to the beach to watch it.

It was amazing. Atmosphere was electric!

uscwest
27-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I think it was a couple of trips back that they had a launch while we were eating at Citrico's. They announced it and were going dim the lights. Unfortunately, shortly before the launch the clouds rolled in over Orlando and it started pouring down rain. The launch went as scheduled but we couldn't see it.

chief
28-02-2010, 11:26 AM
:wave:thanks for all your advice, it would be great to see but i will bear in mind the weather and the possibility of it being cancelled:thumbsup:

Karen
02-03-2010, 11:07 PM
We went to Titusville last year to view a night launch and it was amazing :)

keith
03-03-2010, 02:19 AM
We went to Titusville last year to view a night launch and it was amazing :)

oh wow a night launch as well, that had to be perfect

Dawn
03-03-2010, 08:13 AM
I watched it while in the back of a cab going down I Drive - the cab driver pulled over. :D

I'd suggest Cocoa Beach but it will probably be mobbed.

Slowhand
03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I recall many years ago when we were staying at OKW at the time of the first night landing [actually it was due to land at around 4.00am, but it was still dark.]
As this was too early for me to take the trip to KSC I gave it a miss however I was woken up by the shuttles sonic boom as it pased overhead!
I immediately switched on the tv to warch the landing live and it was an amazing sight.