PDA

View Full Version : tipping the hotel maid

luvdisney
01-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Im still confused about whether we should tip the maid at the disney hotels or not? if we do have to pay then how do you do it? just leave some dollars on the bed or something?

Slowhand
01-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Im still confused about whether we should tip the maid at the disney hotels or not? if we do have to pay then how do you do it? just leave some dollars on the bed or something?
Although it`s not compulsory, I normally leave $4 on the bedside table when my DW and I stay at any on-site resort.

Tink
01-03-2010, 01:34 PM
If you ask at WDW, you will be told that tipping is not expected (nor necessarily approved of). The housekeepers are paid more than minimum wage (unlike servers who are NOT paid minimum wage) and that is expected to be "enough."

So, tipping is purely at your discretion. If you choose to do so, leaving it on the night table as Slowhand says, or directly on the pillow is a good way. Some folks do envelopes making it clear that the housekeeper should take the money.

Again, it is purely at your discretion. I do NOT tip at WDW resorts for housekeeping service, even when staying on cash (as opposed to DVC points).

foreverducky
01-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I have tipped in the past, and I did make the envelopes, so that they knew to take the money. However, I am not sure if I am going to continue this practice.