PDA

View Full Version : Princess Tiana's Cookbook

gwennie81
05-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Apparently Princess Tiana has a cookbook out. :princess:

Celebrating the March 16 DVD release of The Princess and The Frog? You can plan a fun viewing party for your family with themed dishes from Tiana’s Cookbook: Recipes for Kids. It is chock-full of recipes inspired by the movie, including Tiana’s Famous Beignets, Swamp-Water Smoothies and Froggy-in-the-Water Cupcakes. Plus, the cookbook features large food photos and character art to appeal to budding cooks. Here is a sneak peek:
http://thedailydisney.com/files/2010/03/CROPfrogcupcakes-300x168.jpg

Froggy-in-the-Water Cupcakes
The swamp may be a great place to hang out if you’re a frog, but you have to be on the lookout for hungry gators, just like the peepers on these cupcakes.
Ingredients
Blue food coloring
1 cup buttercream frosting
1 dozen baked cupcakes
12 large green gumdrops
2 dozen white chocolate chips
Black decorators’ icing
Directions
1. Stir drops of food coloring into the frosting until you have a shade of watery blue. Frost the cupcakes.
2. For each cupcake, create a pair of frog eyes by slicing a gumdrop in half. Press a white chocolate-chip tip down into the cut surface of each gumdrop half, centering it near the bottom edge. Squirt a dab of black decorators’ icing onto each chip.
3. Set the frog eyes on the cupcakes, gently pressing them part way into the frosting to hold them in place.
Makes 1 dozen cupcakes.

Tink
05-03-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm always amazed at the way someone comes up with these sorts of decorations!

I think our Seth might have fun with these! We bought him an Easy Bake oven for Christmas so this could be a real project! :yes:

Thanks Gwennie!

chief
05-03-2010, 06:13 PM
ooh i like it.

gwennie81
07-03-2010, 01:28 AM
I'm always amazed at the way someone comes up with these sorts of decorations!

I think our Seth might have fun with these! We bought him an Easy Bake oven for Christmas so this could be a real project! :yes:

Thanks Gwennie!

That's so funny! My friend, Tim, had an Easy Bake as a kid and now he's probably the best cook I know. He RARELY lets his wife cook. HA! :point:

Tink
08-03-2010, 03:13 AM
He loves to cook so we thought having an oven of his own would be perfect for him. :yes:

We were pretty annoyed to find all the heavily girly influence on the oven and the supplies. As if only girls cook, eh? :rolleyes:

Right. No famous chef is ever a man. ;)