PDA

View Full Version : What car?

luvthemansion
08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
can U tell Im bored? :laugh: :lol:

what car are you driving now and photo if you have 1 :unangelic::camera: and what car would you be driving if you could have any :sitsback:

ukwdwnut
08-03-2010, 02:04 PM
my current car is below

and the car id lurrrrrrrrrrrrve to have is an aston martin droooooooooooooool

uscwest
08-03-2010, 02:08 PM
We drive a Dodge Durango and a Chrysler Sebring Convertible. If we could afford them we would have an Audi A4 Cabriolet and I quite think I would like to have a Mercedes. Our Durango is this color but the Sebring is Burgundy. I don't have an actual photo of either handy at the moment.

arkvilla
08-03-2010, 02:31 PM
I drive a Fiat Punto - sorry no picture

Jai has an Mercedes E270 and if he could choose any car it would be an Aston Martin Volante ( I think) but it could be a different one :unsure:

I'm not too fussed about cars, I did see a new Jag the other day and that was a gorgeous shape so I'll go with whatever that was for me

Sandra

keith
08-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Currently Jaguar XJ (top) which has been pretty wonderful!

A Jaguar XF 3.0S portfolio (bottom) on order though :yes:

Tink
08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
No wonder you won't drive over here! :eek: Awesome car!

arkvilla
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM

I think the bottom one is the one I saw Keith so I'll have that one too, so just order 2 eh Keith ...:wink: you can choose the colour and trim for me :thumbsup:

Sandra

keith
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
No wonder you won't drive over here! :eek: Awesome car!

The XJ has been brilliant it really has, I'll be sad to see it go. There's a lot more tech in the XF though, it's more like the batmobile or a james bond car :lol:

Tink
08-03-2010, 02:48 PM
LOL. Well that's it then; THE car for you! :yes:

ukwdwnut
08-03-2010, 02:57 PM
The XJ has been brilliant it really has, I'll be sad to see it go. There's a lot more tech in the XF though, it's more like the batmobile or a james bond car :lol:

the XF's look stunning keith, have you actually got one on order?

daveann
08-03-2010, 03:04 PM
we bought ourselves for christmas an astra twintop and a personal number plate :) and just come home from work with the top down :)

uscwest
08-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Love your Jag Keith, though I am not a big Jag fan myself. We did quite fancy Slowhand's Jag though.

ukwdwnut
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
just called the car dealer, im off to look at some cars in the morning :D

keith
08-03-2010, 03:48 PM
the XF's look stunning keith, have you actually got one on order?

:yes: although very me-like ie. black outside, black inside :lol: but the best bit is the cool inside tech

PSQC8IwYGIc

Tink
08-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Thank heaven there's a video. I'd not have known how to even start it never mind shift! :eek:

ukwdwnut
08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
cool, love the gear shift lol

ive decided im getting black in and out again and blacked windows this time :D

Tink
08-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I've never had tinted windows, but have had people who have them tell me it reduces visibility. Is that the case?

I know I HATE them as a driver. Not being able to tell if the other driver sees you is a real problem in certain circumstances.

keith
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I've never had tinted windows, but have had people who have them tell me it reduces visibility. Is that the case?

I know I HATE them as a driver. Not being able to tell if the other driver sees you is a real problem in certain circumstances.

I used to love them in the days where you could have them in the UK on all windows other than the windscreen.

There are now new laws and we can't have them on the windscreen or any window front of the centre pillars (so basically none on the drivers/passengers front windows). That's for the reason you suggest Tink.

I think most cars look a bit silly with the tints on just the rear :( so whereas I have traditionally had them, I may not on the next one.

daveann
08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
i used to have them on my showgun i hated it as at night you couldnt see out :(

keith
08-03-2010, 04:30 PM
i used to have them on my showgun i hated it as at night you couldnt see out :(

It truly depends on the quality and depth of the tint :yes: Some places, even expensive places, use certain film which really reduced visibility a heck of a lot.

When I wanted it for the bmw, I spend an age looking around and found a truly pro place which measured the light through the screen and if anything the visibility was increased much like a moderate sunglasses effect. Even at night, there was a clarity looking out of it which was superb.

keith
08-03-2010, 04:31 PM
we bought ourselves for christmas an astra twintop and a personal number plate :) and just come home from work with the top down :)

Love it! what a christmas present!

ukwdwnut
08-03-2010, 04:32 PM
im not ready to fade into a 50yo's mode yet im far too young :wink: :lol: i really like this look

also a great car for all my fishing stuff

Tink
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Ah, I see. Well that would make a difference then, the quality of the tint.

I don't know the rules here... I've never cared about having it so didn't find out.

I know limos sometimes have it, and some cars clearly, but I don't know about the actual laws. I know that just because something is being used, doesn't make it legal.

keith
08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
I know limos sometimes have it, and some cars clearly, but I don't know about the actual laws. I know that just because something is being used, doesn't make it legal.

very true and since the new stricter rules have been put into place in the UK, many more cars are being pulled over and the police now have devices to check the amount of light going through the tint. It surprises many folks when they get done for it but as you say, just because you see lots with it on doesn't mean it's legal.

daveann
08-03-2010, 05:59 PM
i dont think the ones we had were legal they were on when we bought it :( what it is good for is dogs in the car keeps the bright light off them :)

Tink
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Oh it's good to keep the sun out in general. :yes: Keeps the upholstery from fading, and passengers from being too hot... it's just not a good safety feature for the most part (at least that's what I've been lead to believe).

You have a lovely car Ann! :yes: It must be warm there for you to be driving in March with the top down!

tb2830
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
im currently driving a mini cooper

which is having a special spray job on it and its going to be PINK with tinkerbell on each side

and powered by fairy dust on the back window

photos will come once its done

and i absolutely lurveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it

Mari
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Im driving a gold pontiac torrent...

would LOVE a mini cooper or a beetle!!!... but I cant fit two carseats in the back.. hahaha

as for what I would drive ?? well.. what I THINK I need is ... and I NEVER EVER in a million years thought I would be saying this... a MINIVAN! :sigh::ill::rolleyes::eek3:
yeah, thats what kids do to you... hahahaha

keith
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
im currently driving a mini cooper

which is having a special spray job on it and its going to be PINK with tinkerbell on each side

and powered by fairy dust on the back window

photos will come once its done

and i absolutely lurveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it

we TOTALLY *NEED* to see photos of that!!!

Mari
08-03-2010, 06:41 PM
yeap!!

I agree :)

tb2830
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM

yeap!!

I agree :)

yep i promise as soon as its done i will post the pictures

josh.p.
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
My Dad recently switched to this car;
http://www.tarkkamarkka.com/blogi/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Mercedes-Benz-C180-Kompressor.jpg
and Mum has one of these;
http://regalselfdrive.co.uk/ESW/Images/Renault_Clio_Campus_.jpg

daveann
08-03-2010, 08:27 PM
tink it wasnt that warm but it was so sunny and i really wanted some fresh air after being at work :)
i truely cant believe how different my life is from 2 years ago i feel like i am living a dream :)

Tink
08-03-2010, 08:53 PM
It is so nice to hear you say that. :yes: :hug2: It's a wonderful thing to know that someone is so very happy! :yes:

Slowhand
08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
This is my "Sunday" and "sunny weather" car.
5588.vB

....and this is my regular car
5589.vB

If I won the lottery though it would have to be a Lamborghini! :driving:

lisaw
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
A car for me is nothing more than a way of getting from A-B for the least amount of money possible which is why I drive a boring but practical Citroen Xsara Picasso :lol:

I would love a new white Fiat 500 - but until I can find a way of fitting two, kids the dog and a load of camping stuff in it that is not going to happen! :lol:

keith
08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I would love a new white Fiat 500 - but until I can find a way of fitting two, kids the dog and a load of camping stuff in it that is not going to happen! :lol:

Lots of people agreeing on that, fiat really have turned themselves around with the engine and design on that car

Claire
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I drive this and love it -

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn147/tushy3241/ChryslerGrandVoyager.jpg

A funny story, when we were in Orlando last (2008) we hired a car identical to this. Our version has power doors and boot that open when I press a button on my keyhob. For the entire holiday my children would arrive at the car and literally just stand there. Every single time I had to shout "you have to open the flipping doors"! They finally got it by the last day. :slap:

DH drives a Renault Clio Sport 172. That car is impossible to drive without a big grin on your face.

Tink
08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Really Slowhand? Interesting. If I won the lottery, I'd choose either a Bugatti or a Ferarri. :yes:

lisaw
08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Lots of people agreeing on that, fiat really have turned themselves around with the engine and design on that car

There is a house near me that has three of them - a white one, red one and black one, they look very cool when they all go out at the same time :lol:

josh.p.
08-03-2010, 11:55 PM
If I could afford a brand new car I'd get the fiat 500- I love the design of it!

simonwebb74
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I have one of these. Built by Vauxhall feels like a Volkswagon!!!

A bit boring, but cheap company car.

Slowhand
09-03-2010, 12:13 PM

I know what you mean Keith. It was one heck of a wrench for me to swap my XJ8 for the S-Type R, but it was one of those deals that I couldn`t refuse.
I had a test drive in the XF [diesel] and was about to go for it until this deal came up.
BTW I was invited to see the all new XJ at my local dealership a few weeks ago. This is a stunning car but sadly Jaguar have veered away from the XJ shape that has prevailed ever since its launch several re-vamps ago.

keith
09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
I know what you mean Keith. It was one heck of a wrench for me to swap my XJ8 for the S-Type R, but it was one of those deals that I couldn`t refuse.

I remember it well! I think anyone would have gone for that beautiful Stype! you did well there :yes:

BTW I was invited to see the all new XJ at my local dealership a few weeks ago. This is a stunning car but sadly Jaguar have veered away from the XJ shape that has prevailed ever since its launch several re-vamps ago.

Me too! probably the same couple of cars travelling round the country ;) the caviar colour was interesting (if indeed it was the same two cars). Brown/red/black all in one depending on the light.

I loved the all LCD dash but as you say, the shape has completely changed. In some ways I liked the new look but ultimately it didnt feel like an xj :/

Slowhand
09-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Me too! probably the same couple of cars travelling round the country ;) the caviar colour was interesting (if indeed it was the same two cars). Brown/red/black all in one depending on the light.

I loved the all LCD dash but as you say, the shape has completely changed. In some ways I liked the new look but ultimately it didnt feel like an xj :/
Yep, these were apparently the pre-production cars that were doing the rounds.
Visually, they reminded me of a larger XF in style, but I really liked some of the features, especially the LCD display where your passenger could watch tv while the driver watched the sat-nav at the same time.
The only downside IMHO being that the prices start at 50K !!!!

ukwdwnut
09-03-2010, 12:49 PM
just been for a test drive in my very first turbo diesel....wow what a difference in performance it is. not the model i want but pretty close, sat in the model im getting and looks much better than the current one i have. lauren fell in love with the 3 dr sports astra, i must say it does have some really nice lines, the new 5dr astra has been totally redesigned to look like the old shapes 3dr's chopped roof look, pretty impressive styling...cant believe the one im getting costs just over 26k