PDA

View Full Version : small camera but as good as a big one?

luvthemansion
11-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I want to go mad next time with :camera: but I dont want one of the big ones :thumbsdown: so is there any way to get a tiny camera which takes really great photos and perhaps even changes lenses ? :worship:

josh.p.
11-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I think the smallest you're looking at is the Lumix G1 'crossover' camera :yes: It's a mini DSLR.

I know it seems like a big problem to carry round a DSLR but it's really not :yes: You have the neck strap and I just wear that over my shoulder and carry my camera round with me :yes:

keith
11-03-2010, 07:33 PM
ACTUALLY almost right ;) but they do a smaller version called the GF1 which is the size of a compact, takes DSLR lenses and has the same sensor as a G1. It's very small and has the same image quality.

Britchick
11-03-2010, 07:48 PM
what about going for one of the canon powershots. I have one and it's amazing what you can do with it. Got some amazing photos with it

Canon PowerShot Digital Compact Camera - Canon UK (http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/index.asp)

luvthemansion
13-03-2010, 11:13 AM
what about going for one of the canon powershots. I have one and it's amazing what you can do with it. Got some amazing photos with it

Canon PowerShot Digital Compact Camera - Canon UK (http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/index.asp)

thats so neat but will it take as good photos as the big ones? :thumbsup:

josh.p.
13-03-2010, 02:33 PM
One of the Hong Kong delegates from the exchange I went on had that one and it's brilliant. She did upgrade to a DSLR though and much prefers it.

I'd seriously reccomend a DSLR :yes:

Britchick
13-03-2010, 03:23 PM
thats so neat but will it take as good photos as the big ones? :thumbsup:

well you will have less flexibility in terms of not being able to put other lenses on it and for the same price as some of the powershots you can get one of the lower end dslrs and start building up a lens collection. It depends what you want to do really - they are more compact though. The one we have can go in a case on a belt so easy to carry, i will be taking that and my dslr to WDW next year- the dslr to get some arty shots on non busy days and the powershot as my everyday snaps.

Keith, help me out here ...:unsure: