PDA

View Full Version : Thank you kind stranger

foreverducky
17-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I wanted to share with everyone what happened yesterday. I had to go to the city for a conference yesterday. Now to do this I took the train. Foreverducky was not driving in Chicago traffic!

Now keep in mind that there are two, count them 1, 2 stops in my city. I will not bore you about the conference, but after it was over I hopped on the train with peer (her stop was a few cities over from mine). I was thinking that surely the train would stop at my station. I couldn't have been more wrong in my thinking.

As I am standing, waiting for my stop, as it should be next, I am informed by 3 guys and this older lady that nope, I was not correct in my thinking. I was freaking out. It was at this time, that I literally saw my van pass me by!

Then this older lady says to me that she would drive me back to my car from the other station in my city (her stop). I was so thankful and kept telling her so! God was watching over me.

mumof2
17-03-2010, 01:38 PM
that was such a kind thing to do :hug2:xx

Claire
17-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Oh bless her!

foreverducky
17-03-2010, 02:08 PM
I know. After the long day I had, I was shocked and it warmed my heart.

Johnie
17-03-2010, 02:24 PM
I love stories like this.

foreverducky
17-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Me too Johnie, we always hear about the bad things so I wanted to make sure that I shared this positive experience.

mumof2
17-03-2010, 03:12 PM
can I own up to being nice to a couple of people recently....just for a change, you know!

Both were at the cemetery while i was with Sarah.

The first one was the mother who was visitng her 26yr old daughter next door but one to Sarah. we were talking, as you do, and she was so sad that day. We had a good long chat about stuff and when i was going I gave her a hug. She said in a little voice 'thank you'.....

The 2nd was a lady who arrived at the cemetery to see her partner who was recently buried. We got chatting, she had a most sorry tale to tell and i felt really bad for her. We chatted like we'd known each other for sometime, but we'd only just met. It was a dreadfully cold day and she had walked up there so i asked where she lived, it was a long walk back and was only very slightly out of my way so i took her home, she was so pleased.

Now I didn't do it for any reason other than those ladies needed someone on those particular days, and knowing how that feels I could be that someone as I was the one that was there.

But not only did I help them, they also helped me. I'd been feeling pretty bad and helping them made me feel good about myself those days.

So you never know FD, that lady helping you may have brightened her day a little too. :hug2:

Isafari
17-03-2010, 03:15 PM
That was such a nice thing for the lady to do Billie, it's good to know there are still some kind folk left in this world.

Mairead :hug2:

uscwest
17-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Well done to your kind stranger Ducky and also to you Mairead for your kindness to these two ladies.

Slowhand
17-03-2010, 03:30 PM
These two stories sure help to renew ones faith in humanity.
Sadly there are fewer and fewer such caring folks around nowadays.

Beccaberry
17-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Brilliant stories all 'round.

:hug2: to you both :)

Beccaberry
17-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Such great stories :hug2: thanks for sharing you two!

Shellyamc
17-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Very nice stories :hug2:

We always try and do something nice and "out of the blue" for someone each day. Like a ripple in the pond it will, hopefully, get passed on again and again :yes:

foreverducky
17-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences too Mairead. :hug2:

mumof2
17-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences too Mairead. :hug2:

hope you don't mind, i just wanted to let you know that helping you may have made a difference to her day too....:hug2:

foreverducky
17-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Of course not! Share away please!

josh.p.
17-03-2010, 06:23 PM
:hug2: I love these stories :yes:

Jodie
17-03-2010, 06:58 PM
These two stories sure help to renew ones faith in humanity.
Sadly there are fewer and fewer such caring folks around nowadays.

Ditto, a kind word or gesture can change someones day, or week for the better

:)

Jodie

mumof2
17-03-2010, 07:48 PM
even a smile as you pass somebody by in the street can make a difference :yes:

FD, what a fab thread....it has a real feelgood factor, thank you xx

foreverducky
17-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks! I just think we sometimes need reminded that there are good people who will go out of their way to help another. Plus, you know bad news travels fast so I'm hoping that good news does too!

Rosie0610
17-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Awesome stories ladies!

FD-I'm glad you got home safely!

foreverducky
17-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Oh gosh, me too Rosie, me too!