PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much?

gwennie81
21-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Today my project was starting to go through boxes of papers and things I've collected over the past 5 years. I found evidence of 19! Count them 19! Disney World visits May 2006-Jan. 2010. That didn't include a few trips in there that I didn't keep a schedule or anything from. There were a couple visits in there I didn't remember taking. HA! There are probably pictures on my computer, though...
My next trip is coming up next month. Mom and I are going to Epcot and staying at AS Music.
I think I'll take all the stuff I've collected and start a scrapbook maybe. At any rate, it was nice to seperate out everything in my boxes. I threw away probably 10 pounds (just under a stone) of old greeting cards. IT's the thought that counts, right? Not the card? HA!

Tink
22-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Wow! This is too weird!

I spent some time today going through some boxes that I've been plunking mementos in over time. I sorted through and kept loads, and am giving some things away (old eyeglasses to the Lions, ect).

I was really enjoying reading through the post cards I've been sent, and other cards I/we've been sent. I kept all of those. I fully intend to make a collage style arrangement in an huge frame (I actually have the frame!) one day...

I found all sorts of pins (Disney) that I seem to have acquired over time. :unsure: Most are Tink! :D

I have no idea how many times we've been to WDW, and that is a little regret of mine. I do wish I'd kept track. I can't even imagine how many times we've been. When we are asked by the researchers at WDW, we always tell them, hundreds... they think we're weird. :sigh:

I love mementos, but don't really like them tucked away in a box, so I need to get cracking on that collage.

I like the idea of a scrapbook for the other things though. :yes:

gwennie81
22-03-2010, 02:54 AM
It was the rainy weather that kept us indoors today. :rain:

My main goal was to pull out all my statements and W-2 and everything to take to my tax preparation lady. Then it turned into going through and organizing all my receipts and statements from the past few months (I keep all those in 3-ring binders). Once I got done doing that, I decided to start reorganizing my whole computer room, beginning with boxes in my closet.

I keep watching those hoarding shows that have been running on t.v. lately and it makes me paranoid. I am nowhere near being a hoarder but, I do have a tendency to put things in boxes or drawers and then "forget" about them for a while. The hoarding shows have seriously motivated me to get more organized and purge the things I really don't need. While I love my family for sending me cards for every holiday, I don't need the cards or newspaper clippings or little notes to remind me that they love me (I do keep the photographs). That's just me, though.
:mailman: