PDA

View Full Version : GGGGRrrrrrrr

Deafjeff
23-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Got to the train station car park to find that my front number plate is missing (by the look of it, it has fallen off)

Got to Halfords to get new one but it is ****ing down at the moment so cant stick new one on.

Got home (working from home) only to find that my headlight (driver side) busted so cannot take my car to work this evening!

JOY!!!!

Skywatcher
23-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Bad day mate

I hope someone hasn't nicked it so they can clone your car

might be worth letting the police know

Deafjeff
23-03-2010, 04:07 PM
just the front part missing the back ones is fine. It fell off couple of months ago and I brought new pads..... ho hum...

Tink
23-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Ugh. That sort of thing will ruin a perfectly good rainy day.

Deafjeff
24-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Now just put the front plate on the car so hopefully 'that's that!'

ukwdwnut
24-03-2010, 11:14 AM
jeff id still let the police know that your front plate has gone missing, just to be on the safe side :yes:

Skywatcher
24-03-2010, 11:34 AM
me too mate, my car was cloned in the same way which is why I mentioned it - caused a load of hassle when I went to sell the car as they said it must have done at least 50,000 miles as it had had that figure recrded when it had its brake pads done in glasgow! well I live near eastbourne so that wasn't where I would take it for a service

Tink
24-03-2010, 11:35 AM
What does that actually mean, please; to clone a car? I've never heard that expression before? :unsure:

ukwdwnut
24-03-2010, 11:40 AM
What does that actually mean, please; to clone a car? I've never heard that expression before? :unsure:

tink

it means thieves steal your number plate have a set made up and put them on stolen cars, then the owner gets lumbered with any fines etc

ukwdwnut
24-03-2010, 11:41 AM
me too mate, my car was cloned in the same way which is why I mentioned it - caused a load of hassle when I went to sell the car as they said it must have done at least 50,000 miles as it had had that figure recrded when it had its brake pads done in glasgow! well I live near eastbourne so that wasn't where I would take it for a service

wasnt the RX8 was it chris?

Tink
24-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Hmmmm, if that happened here, when the plate number was run, the police can tell it's on the wrong car... :unsure:

The plate number is connected to the registration and data for the specific car. That way if my plate (from a Hyundai Tucson, Alpine frost, 2007) were on a Ford F 250 pickup truck, when the plate number was run it would come up the Hyundai and the police would know they were dealing with a stolen plate... and possibly vehicle. Regardless, the driver of the Ford would get a ticket. It's a criminal offense. It would go on the driver's criminal record as well. Not to mention if the vehicle were stolen there would be far more serious problems; grand theft auto and the like...

ukwdwnut
24-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Hmmmm, if that happened here, when the plate number was run, the police can tell it's on the wrong car... :unsure:

The plate number is connected to the registration and data for the specific car. That way if my plate (from a Hyundai Tucson, Alpine frost, 2007) were on a Ford F 250 pickup truck, when the plate number was run it would come up the Hyundai and the police would know they were dealing with a stolen plate... and possibly vehicle. Regardless, the driver of the Ford would get a ticket. It's a criminal offense. It would go on the driver's criminal record as well. Not to mention if the vehicle were stolen there would be far more serious problems; grand theft auto and the like...

yes its the same here as well tink, all plates can be checked via the DVLA here

the plates are put on identical cars tink so just by looking at them you cant tell

Tink
24-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh! Gotcha. :yes:

ukwdwnut
24-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Oh! Gotcha. :yes:

:hug2::hug2: :)