PDA

View Full Version : Coo eee Oh Tom - did you ever watch this?

Skywatcher
29-03-2010, 02:45 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMoi-nDd6cQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZMoi-nDd6cQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:unsure: not sure if it made it over your side of the pond - looks like the whole series is on youtube if you search - got a bit misty eyes watching it again . I appreciate the budget was about 4.60 and zaphod looks decidedly dodgy but its pretty true to the original text ( well in some areas :D) and is still miles ahead of the film (shudder)

Peter Jones as the voice of the book is just superb IMHO

keith
29-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Peter Jones was spot on and it was SOOOOOO much better than the film (honestly, what were they thinking with that pile of $$"$!)

catrancher
29-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Nope. Haven't seen that one although I've heard about it. :yes:

I think it was on some channels over here but they weren't channels my cable TV provider supplied. Naturally. :mad:

Thanks for pointing them out. I'll have a peek. Just from the still picture at the start of this one it's apparent that Arthur once again, isn't going to move.

And you're right, the movie was a monumental waste. Too bad. There was so much potential there. :sigh:

Tom (:macwave:... quick... more muscle relaxant!)

Skywatcher
29-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I hope you tlike them if you get the chance - the radio play is also on youtube as well - as long as you remember it was 20 odd years ago and done on a shoestring I'm sure you will enjoy the humour coming through - the guide bits are suberbly done IMHO and I still love them

kazzaqld
29-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Douglas Adams RIP (sniff)

I used to have them (and probably still do) on Beta if that's any good to you Tom! :ROFL:

(My Beta player still works after a fashion)

I love HHGTTG so much, always have! :yes:

kazzaqld
29-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Oh and Chris I nearly corrected you on Peter Jones - I thought it was Peter Tuddenham.

But that was Blake's 7 (voice of Zen, Orac and Slave!) Ah memories! :yes:

catrancher
29-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I used to have them (and probably still do) on Beta if that's any good to you Tom! :ROFL:

Somehow I don't see that working out too well. Thanks for the offer though! :thumbsup:

However, I suppose if we engage the Infinite Improbability Drive, then Beta will become a HD DVD and my television will become an Imax movie screen.

This has potential! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.)

Britchick
29-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Blakes 7! that was good! and Tomorrow's people

Skywatcher
30-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Oh and Chris I nearly corrected you on Peter Jones - I thought it was Peter Tuddenham.

But that was Blake's 7 (voice of Zen, Orac and Slave!) Ah memories! :yes:

OMG Blakes 7 - that brings back some memories I still have the little model of the spaceship somewhere that looked cool. Orac! :laugh:

Slowhand
30-03-2010, 10:38 AM
I`ve obviously lived a very sheltered life as I can`t relate to any of the content of this thread. :unsure:

catrancher
30-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Ahhh Terry... have a go at the "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"! The humor in it is spectacular!

You don't have to be a super science fiction fan to enjoy it. I'm not one of those and I love it. There are so many parallels to "real" life in it that you can't help laughing. :laugh2:

Tom (:macwave:... spending a year dead for tax purposes!)

Skywatcher
30-03-2010, 10:47 AM
:lol: no you have had a 'life' Terry

Watched the 1st episode again last night and I still love this - I think he makes a very good Arthur and Ford is great as well