PDA

View Full Version : how early do you plan?

luvthemansion
31-03-2010, 09:53 PM
How early do you all start to plan? :unsure: Im already finding that places are booked up for our trip, le cellier fantasmic and some other things :sorry:

Im pretty worried now about how busy its going to be if all the restaurants are already booked up :slap:

Tinkfan
31-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Whens the trip?

Tink
31-03-2010, 11:53 PM
There are always cancellations. Also, given the new (miserable) ADR system, never underestimate the efficacy of appearing at the podium and asking if there is anything available. Works best between 5-7 PM. As long as you don't expect anything, you won't be disappointed and you well may be surprised!

People do make ADRs at 180 days. That makes it hard for those of us who decide where we want to eat on the day, eh? :sigh:

Slowhand
01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
People do make ADRs at 180 days. That makes it hard for those of us who decide where we want to eat on the day, eh? :sigh:
Yep, that`s one of the worst things about the ADR system.
I don`t really know where I would fancy eating in a few days time let alone having to plan my meals 6 months in advance!

ukwdwnut
01-04-2010, 11:00 AM
i would love to eat onsite but one i havent a clue how and 2 im not sure that id like to be tied to be in xx at xx time or place...it all sounds like a pain in the butt to me seeing that everything gets booked up so far in advance :(

Tinkfan
01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
i would love to eat onsite but one i havent a clue how and 2 im not sure that id like to be tied to be in xx at xx time or place...it all sounds like a pain in the butt to me seeing that everything gets booked up so far in advance :(

Have you never eaten onsite then? You really must try it sometime!!!

ukwdwnut
01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Have you never eaten onsite then? You really must try it sometime!!!

only at the parks not hotels, they are the ressys id like to try like ysh etc

arkvilla
01-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I've onlt eaten onsite at the Italian restaurant in Epcot and the Morroccan one ( and I hated that one) there was a hair in my food and they said " it's a long hair and we don't have ny female chef's" I felt like they were trying to say I had put it there myself ( especially as my hair is long)

Would never go back there and it was soo expensive for what it was.

Moan over

Sandra

MystikPiglit
01-04-2010, 03:08 PM
If your chosen restaurant is booked try again a couple of weeks before you go in case of cancellations.
Also, if you go straight to Guest Services when you enter a Park you can often get into the one you want. We did this a few times last year. :thumbsup:

Mari
06-04-2010, 05:01 PM
we plan years in advance... hahaha

and with LOs and the ADR system as is, youjust HAVE TO do it that way if you really want to eat somewhere

lisaw
06-04-2010, 05:47 PM
I already have a restaurant list for August 2011! :sorry:

I have reached a point now in my disney trips where I would quite like not to have everything planned in advance (I know Mari - shock, horror right?:wink: :lol:)
but I don't think I will ever be laid back enought to just take it as it comes so I know I will be madly booking at 180 days out!

Mari
07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
hahahahaha

yes Lisa... SHOCK!!!

hahahahaha

thats the way we started...... and now Im in the planning frenzy category hahahaha

Dawn
07-04-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm always planning. Even when I don't have a trip to plan. :lol:

And yes I've booked my ADRs from 180 days out. It's the only way to guarantee what I want. But I've only booked 4 for the whole 2 weeks. We'll do offsite and counter service mainly.

josh.p.
09-04-2010, 10:32 PM
I've only ever been once but we didn't even plan which parks we where going to on which day, never mind where we where eating on which day! :rotfl: