PDA

View Full Version : Easter bakes

Mags
03-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Mint aero squares and small cakes. I tasted the mint squares when I was last in Ireland but couldnt find the recipe online. I managed to work it out though and they went down a treat. :yes:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b310/margaretconvery/Margaret%20Convery%202/P1030240.jpg

Happy Easter.

Margaret

arkvilla
03-04-2010, 08:26 PM
It's a good job I don't live around the corner from you Margaret as you'd never get rid of me - they look scrummy

Sandra

josh.p.
03-04-2010, 08:38 PM
They're great!! How do you get your presentation of them so good?!

mumof2
03-04-2010, 09:25 PM
nice! can you share your recipe with us? pleeeease! xx

Isafari
03-04-2010, 09:54 PM
They look delicious :yes:
I'd love the recipe for the mint aero squares is you're sharing Mags :D

foreverducky
03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I'll be over in a few hours.

Mags
03-04-2010, 10:25 PM
I tasted these when I was over in Ireland in a very nice tea shop. I looked everywhere for the recipe but no one could give it to me. I thought it had to be like a Maltesers Squares recipe I had (minus the maltesers but plus the aero ).
This is how I made them and they turned out great

Mint Aero Squares

4 oz butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
4 oz milk or plain chocolate (I prefer plain)
4oz mint aero bar (120gm bar)
small packet digestives (200 grams I think)

Take the aero bar and chop off enough to use as decoration for the top of the squares. I used about 1/4 of the bar and chopped it into little pieces.
Slowly melt the butter with the syrup, chocolate and remaining aero . Remove from the heat and add the digestive biscuits (finely crushed). Put into a greased 7 inch square tin and cool. Cover with melted choc (milk or plain) and crumble the chopped mint aero over the top. Chill and cut into squares.

Josh, the presentation isnt that great - notice the missing corners!

Margaret

mumof2
03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
oh thanks you Mags :hug2:

sounds yum yum yum!

Isafari
03-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks Mags :hug2: They sound delicious.....I have a very sweet tooth!

Tink
03-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Mags, at the risk of sounding dumber than dirt, have you ever considered opening a little shop? You make the most beautiful looking desserts and sweets!

Those are so pretty!

Mags
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Tink, I have thought of doing something to do with cooking/baking but have not got the confidence to go ahead with it. I know I can do it for my family but I would be frightened to do it on a bigger scale - really frightened!

Margaret

Johnie
03-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Looks lovely Mags!!

Tink
04-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Tink, I have thought of doing something to do with cooking/baking but have not got the confidence to go ahead with it. I know I can do it for my family but I would be frightened to do it on a bigger scale - really frightened!

Margaret

Well I sure wish I lived nearby. :yes: I'd ask you to do all my holiday baking. :yes: That would be a start! :D

I do understand though. What we do so very well for our families, or in private, we aren't near comfortable doing for the greater public.

lisaw
04-04-2010, 07:23 AM
They look fab Mags :thumbsup: Definitely going to try those aero squares! :yes:

Beccaberry
04-04-2010, 11:31 AM
They look delicious!!!

About to head into the kitchen this morning to make cupcakes myself! Hope mine turn out HALF as lovely as those!

josh.p.
04-04-2010, 12:09 PM
They are really good. They are iced perfectly and everything! :yes: I'm going to have to have a go at making your aero squares :yes:

Jodie
04-04-2010, 03:35 PM
They look scrummy!

:)

Jodie

mainecoon lover
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
They look very yummy. I made brownies, blueberry pie and a chocolate cake. The chocolate cake was made for one of Beth's home tutors that use to come here when Beth had a lot of time of school. She still comes with gifts for Beth, she is a lovely lady and in her 80's now. She use to come here in her late 70's and was super with Beth, we use to call her Mary Poppins.

Mags
04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
They look very yummy. I made brownies, blueberry pie and a chocolate cake. The chocolate cake was made for one of Beth's home tutors that use to come here when Beth had a lot of time of school. She still comes with gifts for Beth, she is a lovely lady and in her 80's now. She use to come here in her late 70's and was super with Beth, we use to call her Mary Poppins.

That is quite a haul Michelle. Well done. Its nice too that one of Beth's tutors still calls. She sounds like an angel.

Margaret