PDA

View Full Version : Apple to introduce iPhone OS 4.0 on April 8

keith
05-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Apple on Monday announced that it will formally introduce the next version of its mobile operating system, iPhone OS 4.0, at a special event scheduled for this week, April 8.

In March AppleInsider reported that Apple plans to add full multitasking support in the forthcoming release of the 4.0 software update. Sources said that the company has developed a "full-on solution" to allow multitasking of third-party applications on the App Store.

catrancher
05-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh my! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... haven't even heard a peep about that till now!)

Deafjeff
05-04-2010, 06:17 PM
oooohhhh! I wonder what other updates there will be mmmmhhhhh

Hope it will be a huge step forward from OS 3.0

keith
05-04-2010, 06:22 PM
It'll be interesting for sure but I'm expecting an announcement rather than actual availability but who knows :D

Britchick
05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Cool!

catrancher
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
It'll be interesting for sure but I'm expecting an announcement rather than actual availability but who knows :D

I'm 1000% certain all you'll see is the announcement. I'd expect to see the real deal sometime about June for WWDC.

BTW - the developer videos are really spectacular on the iPad. Wonder if they'll put out the docs now in ePub?

Tom (:macwave:... veni, vidi, codi )

josh.p.
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
:mental: I reckon they'll announce/release a new iPhone '4g' on the same day that OS 4.0 is actually released in June :yes: I'm excited for them to announce the new OS :D

I doubt it'll work on my original iPhone though... might have to upgrade in June :yes:

keith
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
:mental: I reckon they'll announce/release a new iPhone '4g' on the same day that OS 4.0 is actually released in June :yes: I'm excited for them to announce the new OS :D

I doubt it'll work on my original iPhone though... might have to upgrade in June :yes:

yep I reckon as Tom says, announcement this week, WWDC time new OS + new phone.

The multitasking is rumoured to be done via an expose type mechanism which should work well with the ipad :yes:

Deafjeff
05-04-2010, 06:52 PM

so there is 4g iphone? :unsure:

josh.p.
05-04-2010, 07:15 PM
so there is 4g iphone? :unsure:
I reckon it'll be released/announced in June :yes:

Skywatcher
05-04-2010, 07:15 PM
I thought the 3.0 update was quite impressive, it fixed a lot of my gripes and simple things like the cut and paste are just fantastic

keith
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I suspect the 4th gen one will be faster (the ipad is supposedly twice as fast with the same hardware as the iphone but better memory), perhaps a forward facing camera at last. More memory I hope :lol:

Deafjeff
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I thought the 3.0 update was quite impressive, it fixed a lot of my gripes and simple things like the cut and paste are just fantastic

Oh I agree, so would be interesting to see what 4.0 update would be like!

Deafjeff
05-04-2010, 07:18 PM
I suspect the 4th gen one will be faster (the ipad is supposedly twice as fast with the same hardware as the iphone but better memory), perhaps a forward facing camera at last. More memory I hope :lol:

Ichat video phone would be great!!!!

:yes:

josh.p.
05-04-2010, 07:38 PM
My last 3 phones before the iPhone had a forward facing camera and I must say I've never used them.