PDA

View Full Version : Today's day out

Dawn
09-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Took Steven and Nanny Lesley and neice Ellie to the RSPB reserve at Pulborough today. Had an awesome few hours there in beautiful sunshine watching and listening to birds. Steven loved it and we are now fully paid up members of the RSPB. :thumbsup:

Here's the geek list of what we saw.

Usual stuff like pigeons, blue tits, great tits, crows, and jackdaws.

More unusual things like chaffinch, green finch, grey heron, mute swan, and pheasant.

Blackcap - my second sighting in 5 days. :D

And first time spottings - nuthatch, lapwing, longtailed tits, and my best - a chiff chaff. :D

And we also saw an adder basking by the side of the path - :awesome:

We're going back.:worship:

josh.p.
09-04-2010, 06:29 PM
An Adder!! :D Nice one :thumbsup:

Isafari
09-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a perfect relaxing day :thumbsup: Photos?

Skywatcher
09-04-2010, 06:45 PM
:menta;: definitely got to go there!! I love nuthatches we had a pair in the garden for ages but they haven't been back for a couple of months, longtailed tits we get in flocks.

We are also RSPB members now as well so we should get in free -

I shall have to get an anorack and some adenoids :D

keith
09-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Id be most interested in the adder :yes: any phooootttttoooooos?

Britchick
09-04-2010, 06:57 PM
:worthless:

josh.p.
09-04-2010, 10:57 PM
:true:

Tink
10-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Wait a minute. An adder?

That's a snake here. SNAAAAYYYYYYYYKKKKKKE!!!!

NO PHOTOS!!! :eek:

Dawn
10-04-2010, 07:00 AM
I didn't take the camera. The birds would just have been specks anyway because they don't pose on nearby twigs for you. :lol: The centre lends binoculars to you but unless you have a camera with a lens a mile long then photos aren't really an option.

Oh but Nanny Lesley took a photo of the adder.

Tink
10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Look, let's make a deal. I won't show you any pigeons, and you won't show me any SNAKES! :mental: OK??? :eek:

josh.p.
10-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Wait a minute. An adder?

That's a snake here. SNAAAAYYYYYYYYKKKKKKE!!!!

NO PHOTOS!!! :eek:
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2003_The_Jungle_Book_2/2003_the_jungle_book_2_008.jpg

keith
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
awwww I want to see the snake :(

I've been lucky enough to see a few in Orlando :yes: but they're usually scared away by screaming people before I can take any photos

Dawn
11-04-2010, 06:20 AM
I'll see if I can get the photos from Nanny and post them with snake warnings. :lol:

It was a beautiful snake though.

Dawn
11-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Oh we also saw a herd of English White cattle. There was a bull in the field with them. We know it was a bull because Nanny Lesley used the binoculars to check. :thud:

keith
11-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I'll see if I can get the photos from Nanny and post them with snake warnings. :lol:

It was a beautiful snake though.

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Britchick
11-04-2010, 03:27 PM
awwww I want to see the snake :(

I've been lucky enough to see a few in Orlando :yes: but they're usually scared away by screaming people before I can take any photos

did i tell you when we were camping by a lake in South Carolina last summer a snake swam past me TWICE! once we were sitting with chairs with our feet in the water and it just swam less than a foot in front of us. My first reaction aahhhhhh snake, second grab the camera but it swam into some rocks. Next time i was floating on a lilo and it swam past me. Bit scary LOL it was a copperhead.