View Full Version : Coronado Springs Resort

14-04-2010, 07:29 PM

I am wondering if anyone here ever stayed here at the resort above as we are staying there in Sept. I had a peep at trip advisor and the review is fairly mixed.

Should I be worried?

14-04-2010, 07:46 PM
I have, it was in 2002 i think :unsure: we had no problems at all there. It's quite a big resort. We didn't eat there but i have heard that the counter service place is good. Pepper Street Market i think

14-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I've not stayed there, but have attended a conference there. It was well done.

I think if you ask for a building/room away from the main building you should be ok.

Pepper Market is the semi-counter service that charges an automatic gratuity.

14-04-2010, 10:17 PM
It's lovely, I preferred the Casitas building, the pool by that building was nice and secluded and it is near the salon, gym and laundry room. The main pool is also lovely. You won't regret it.

14-04-2010, 10:39 PM
We are looking at the Coronado Springs for next October. The new refurbished rooms looks fab. I think they are the only Mod with Queen beds and a hot tub.

15-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I've stayed there. I loved my time there. And the Pepper Market is delicious, lots of choices! The nachos were the best! I had a corner room with 2 windows, it was lovely. The resort is big, I would recommend asking for a room close to the main area, unless you like walking. There are several bus stops at the resort.

15-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh it is a conference resort, but does not feel like it. :D

16-04-2010, 10:30 AM
We've stayed there twice and thoroughly enjoyed both visits. The bus service was excellent and the food choices very good.

21-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Love it there! Have been to CSR 12/13 times. The new queen beds, flat panel tv's and renovated rooms put it over the top.

Have a great trip!!

<title>Message</title><style>.hmmessage P { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px } BODY.hmmessage { FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt } </style> ________________________

Check out my website!

Check out the CSR forums!

22-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I've never stayed at this resort , but don't think it looks overly romantic . Have you looked at the Mansions at POR . Beautiful Grounds for leisurely walks, horse & carriage rides throughout POR and the sister resort POFQ , and platoon boats to DTD . Just A Thought !

23-04-2010, 06:16 AM
There seems to be awful lots of report of break in on the trip advisor website.......

23-04-2010, 01:39 PM
There seems to be awful lots of report of break in on the trip advisor website.......

you only ever see the bad stuff on there though

We really liked CSR :yes:

23-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Most negative stuff on TA comes from business travelers that expect things a certain way when traveling for business. The main complaint is the size of the resort. They are used to going to a hotel with everything in one building. If you have to walk back and forth from the ranchos to the main building for work each day and in between meetings, I could see how that would wear on some guests. Yes, CSR is big but so are 3 of the 4 mods.

A CM friend of mine once told me of a person that complained about being so far away from the fitness center because it was a long walk. But isn't that what you are going to the fitness center for, exercise?

The size of the resort doesn't bother me. I don't spend every minute at the main building and I don't eat all my meals at the resort. I can catch a bus from all villages of CSR and that's what is important.

As far as the theft goes, there are bad people everywhere. Don't assume because you are at the happiest place on earth that crime does not happen. Make sure when you leave your room that the door is locked, don't assume it lock as you walk away. I've been to CSR 12 or 13 times and I always leave my laptop on the desk and nothing has every happened...knock on wood.