PDA

View Full Version : Feeling low.....

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi,

I have been feeling low lately with stuff in life and finding it hard to shake off the gloomy feeling :thumbsdown:

Hopefully can have some Disney magic from you all guys!

Just wondering if anyone have good tips or advice to deal with ad hoc feeling of 'doom and gloom'.....

Jeff

mumof2
17-04-2010, 05:42 PM
ahh that's a horrible feeling, it all just gets a bit much sometimes doesn't it? :hug2:

Do you need to go shopping for any holiday gear?

Don't know where you live but perhaps you can get out for a relaxing day in the countryside/beach/parks? Take a bite to eat and drink, turn your phone off and relax. Take a good book maybe. When the sun is shining of course, that always helps!

Claire
17-04-2010, 06:08 PM
:hug1: Jeff. The only thing that works for me is a huge bar of chocolate! But then I feel bad for eating a huge bar of chocolate.

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 07:02 PM
decided to pop into local Tesco for ice cream.......

Britchick
17-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Watch something funny, I really do think that laughter is the best medicine.

josh.p.
17-04-2010, 07:24 PM
I know the feeling :sigh: the thing that always cheers me up is taking Niamh out in her pram around the park. Perhaps you could take your dog on a nice walk somewhere you don't usually go :yes:

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 07:27 PM
I have decided to buy proper Cornish Ice cream with crushed flakes mmmmhhhhh :yes::thumbsup:

Isafari
17-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I have decided to buy proper Cornish Ice cream with crushed flakes mmmmhhhhh :yes::thumbsup:

There ya go.....on the way to feeling better?

josh.p.
17-04-2010, 08:08 PM
mmm... cornish ice cream :yum: I've just ordered a veggie supreme pizza :D

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Apart from feeing fat im getting there....

mmm... cornish ice cream :yum: I've just ordered a veggie supreme pizza :D

You veggie too?

Britchick
17-04-2010, 08:30 PM
is it Kelly's cornish ice cream?

Tink
17-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I've read an article or two about the correlation between eating something one likes and the relief of feelings of depression and sadness. All chemical, eh? If it works, do it!

Just make sure you enjoy it and don't look back. :hug2:

Is it particularly rainy or grey where you are? Sometimes that adds to it.

Plan your holiday! :yes: Where will you eat? What will you do in a given park? Those sorts of things. Hopefully that would help too. :yes:

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 08:39 PM

yes it was.........

Jeff-I-wonder-if-I-have-a-bug-in-my-freezer!

Tink
17-04-2010, 08:40 PM
What's the difference between Cornish Ice Cream and any other ice cream? :unsure:

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I've read an article or two about the correlation between eating something one likes and the relief of feelings of depression and sadness. All chemical, eh? If it works, do it!

Just make sure you enjoy it and don't look back. :hug2:

Is it particularly rainy or grey where you are? Sometimes that adds to it.

Plan your holiday! :yes: Where will you eat? What will you do in a given park? Those sorts of things. Hopefully that would help too. :yes:

Things been difficult at work etc.

Also at career crossroad (feels like 16 years old here!)

Today was sunny which helped but my dearest hubby is away for whole weekend and be back tomorrow, so I guess I miss him......

ADR all sorted :yes:

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 08:42 PM
What's the difference between Cornish Ice Cream and any other ice cream? :unsure:

Calories! :shocked:

Tink
17-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Well goodness, Jeff! That's enough to make anyone have a low day! :hug2:

Calories? As in higher butter fat, better cream calories? You know, the luscious factor kind? :D :D :D

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Well goodness, Jeff! That's enough to make anyone have a low day! :hug2:

Thanks!

Calories? As in higher butter fat, better cream calories? You know, the luscious factor kind? :D :D :D

The very thing!

josh.p.
17-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Yes Jeff :yes: I've been a veggie for about 3 years now. I was pescetarian (ate fish but no meat) for a year before that, too. :yes:

You just reminded me that I have some in the freezer :yes: Still waiting for my pizza!!!! arghhh

Deafjeff
17-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes Jeff :yes: I've been a veggie for about 3 years now. I was pescetarian (ate fish but no meat) for a year before that, too. :yes:

You just reminded me that I have some in the freezer :yes: Still waiting for my pizza!!!! arghhh

I have been veggie for almost two years now! Loving it! :worship:

josh.p.
17-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I truly do feel I am much healthier for it :yes:

mumof2
17-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm another Jeff!

no fish, no meat, no jelly!

Britchick
17-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't know what the difference is, it tastes different to other high cream ice creams iyswim. Kellys is my favourite, it comes from where my Granddad lives, child hood holidays .... Sigh

josh.p.
17-04-2010, 10:22 PM
My favourite ice cream is from a local(ish) dairy farm. Don't know if they sell it across the country but I've seen it for sale in loads of places locally. The Chesire 'Ice cream farm' :yes: They make the best ice cream and sorbets :yes:
Cheshire Farm Ice Cream: Home Page (http://www.cheshirefarmicecream.co.uk/)

Kiwi Sorbet, or summer berries are my favourite flavours :yes:

Beccaberry
17-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling low, hon :comfort:

Hope the treat helped...and hope your sweet DH coming back makes all the difference!

Deafjeff
18-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys, it is so true this forum is so wonderful and supportive!

Hugs to you all!

Tink
18-04-2010, 02:08 PM
That's part of the strength of this site, Jeff. :hug2: We put caring about one another first intertwined with that love of Disney. :yes:

We have a raspberry sorbet available here that is very good, tart and nice not overly sweet. I forget the name though... :embarassed:

josh.p.
18-04-2010, 03:47 PM
After this thread last night I had an ice cream craving, so Jade and I went to the ice cream farm today :yes: We only discovered it last year when I took Chris (From Hong kong) there when he was on the international exchange, it's greatly improved since I was last there :yes: There is loads to do for little Niamh too :yes: Plenty of other children to 'talk' to in the toddlers area and she even sampled some ice cream :yes: She started mooing at everything that moves.

She can't say 'Josh' Yet but I've taught her loads of animal noises :unsure: Maybe she is like Dr Doolittle :rotfl:

She had her first proper taste of ice cream, too :yes:

Britchick
18-04-2010, 04:51 PM
you are a lovely Uncle, Josh!

chief
18-04-2010, 07:32 PM
:comfort:ah hope you are feeling better

Deafjeff
18-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi,

I have managed to book one 'counselling' session tomorrow so hopefully I can start work out what is bothering me and come up with some strategies etc....

mainecoon lover
18-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon :hug2:. A tub of Ben and Jerrys yogurt brownie tends to do it for me :thumbsup:

Tink
18-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Helping with identifying what's bothering you is a useful service for a counselor. :yes: That way, you can then go to work on that issue, eh?

Hope it's resolved soon. :hug2:

lisaw
18-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Hope you are beginning to feel better soon :hug2:

josh.p.
18-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Hope it's resolved soon :hug2: We're here if you need us.