PDA

View Full Version : Disney step up to the plate

Dawn
20-04-2010, 07:09 AM
:thumbsup: to Disney, Sea World and Wet and Wild

Walt Disney World said this afternoon that it has decided to offer free admission to travelers stuck in Orlando, as flights to and from Europe continue to be canceled because of an erupting volcano in Iceland.

Disney said it will offer one-day park hoppers on both Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. The complimentary passes will also include admission to Disney’s two water parks.

Guests seeking the ticket will have to show a canceled plane ticket or expired boarding pass and a photo ID. Disney says it will also waive its $14-per-day parking charge.

Disney follows SeaWorld Orlando, which began offering free tickets to stranded travelers on Sunday.

The International Drive water park Wet ‘n Wild is also offering free admission.

Dawn
20-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Also found this

European Traveler - Special Offers (http://www.orlandoinfo.com/offers/european_traveler.cfm)

Britchick
20-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Way to go Disney! You know some people are throwing their toys out of the cot because when they were stranded due to 9/11 they didn't get anything and people should think themselves lucky for being stranded in Orlando! I can't print my response!

kazzaqld
20-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Oh for goodness sake - are they really?

Some people!

I think this is a good thing - I love going on holiday as much as anyone but I think it would be so awful to be stranded like that! (and yes 9/11 was pretty bad too - it's not a competition!)

mumof2
20-04-2010, 07:42 AM
well done to those people organising this....:thumbsup:

as for the people complaining, at such a dreadful time i would have just counted myself lucky.

ukwdwnut
20-04-2010, 08:12 AM
wouldnt expect anything else would you wtg Disney, SW & W&W

Claire
20-04-2010, 08:16 AM
This is good news. Being stuck away from home with no real return date is no fun where ever you are but hopefully a day in a park or water park will make it better.

Sharni Tinkerbell
20-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I dont think anyone is suprised that Disney are doing this. I think it's great. We have relatives stranded as well however they are seeing it as an adventure now lol. They have sun cream and each other thats what they saying to us.
Well done Disney xx

Tink
20-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Being stranded in the US is problematic enough. There are many other people stranded in places that are not quite as easy to manage. :(

Disney is following the lead here, not doing something of its own volition.

I've also heard that there is some level of falsification of required documents going on. I really hope that is not true.

Johnie
20-04-2010, 02:21 PM
That is good news!

josh.p.
20-04-2010, 02:26 PM
It's nice that Disney are doing this :yes: They will profit from it through food and drink, though :yes:

Britchick
20-04-2010, 05:03 PM
I've also heard that there is some level of falsification of required documents going on. I really hope that is not true.

it's disheatening!

Tinker
20-04-2010, 06:44 PM
YaY, although I hear Sea World, Aquatica and Busch Gardens started it and Disney followed after there announcement .