PDA

View Full Version : sookie stackhouse novels

keith
21-04-2010, 12:01 AM
ok so I really liked twilight and the novels were even better :yes:

With true blood though I'm not 100% sure. I sorta like it, but I really need something new to read and was wondering if I'd like the books better ? has anyone tried them??

How about other books that you liked if you're a twilight fan?

Tinker
21-04-2010, 12:16 AM
I've always liked Stephen King .
Have you read the Harry Potters ?
Right now I'm reading the autobiography of Walt Disney . Did you know he filed bankruptcy twice before he succeeded . Very interesting reading .
When I'm done if anyone wants to read it , I can pass it along .

keith
21-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I've always liked Stephen King .

you know I just cant get into his books at all :( I do like horror fiction, just not king

Have you read the Harry Potters ?

yep several times

Right now I'm reading the autobiography of Walt Disney . Did you know he filed bankruptcy twice before he succeeded . Very interesting reading .
When I'm done if anyone wants to read it , I can pass it along .

ooo I'll have a look for that thanks

any more recommendations anyone?

Johnie
21-04-2010, 01:16 AM
I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse novels. They are a light, easy read. I have only watched True Blood once and I think they have made the series much more darker than the books.

The books also explain Elvis lol

Tink
21-04-2010, 01:28 AM
Well, I'm not a Twilight person (one of those "on principle" things :sorry: ).

For entertainment reading I like Jonathan Kellerman. He does psychological crime stories...

I'm re-reading The Sound and The Fury. That's one that I can read over and over and still find something new, or adjust an interpretation...

Do you like Koontz?

Johnie
21-04-2010, 02:17 AM
I like Koontz sometimes. I just read the Frankenstein trilogy and it was just weird. It didn't even explain some stuff.

I love Jonathan Kellerman.

Anne Rice is my FAVORITE when it comes to vampires and witches.

Deafjeff
21-04-2010, 07:29 AM
I simply love Saga of the Seven Suns! (Kevin Anderson)

:worship:

MystikPiglit
21-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Keith, have you read Joseph Delaney's - 'The Wardstone Chronicles'?

Wardstone Chronicles (http://www.sciencefictionandfantasy.co.uk/wardstone-chronicles.htm)

They might be aimed at young adults but I found them really scary... :lol: Excellent, 'can't put down' stories. :thumbsup:

uscwest
21-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Donna and I both love True Blood and I bought her the whole collection of Sookie Stackhouse novels for Christmas. I don't think she has started reading them though. She is also a HUGE Stephen King fan as well as Dean Koontz, Clive Cussler (Dirk Pitt Novels), Jonathan Kellerman, John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell........

MystikPiglit
21-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Or have you tried the 'Blood Opera' series by Tanith Lee?

foreverducky
21-04-2010, 12:34 PM
The Sookie books are great. Definitely lighter and funnier than the show. They are similar but different if that makes sense. Love them. Waiting for book 10.

keith
22-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Thanks everyone I've got some really good suggestions there :yes:

Tink, I do like Koontz though I havent read any for a while now!

I'm going to get the first of the sookie books and see if I like them. (I love that name too, Sookie :lol: )

After that I'm going to go through the others listed :yes:

foreverducky
22-04-2010, 01:31 AM
I have written down Kellerman to check out soon.