PDA

View Full Version : Is beaches and cream worth a special trip?

goofygal
24-04-2010, 08:15 AM
We werent planning on going down that side but we'll be at epcot so could divert if it's really worth the trip? :unsure: what would you recommend from there? :wiggle:

piglet
24-04-2010, 12:06 PM
The burgers are to die for :thumbsup::thumbsup: and so are the onion rings, but don't go if you have a small appetite cos the helpings are enormous. :yes::yes:

Britchick
24-04-2010, 12:07 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm I would say yes!

have you heard of the kitchen sink?

Dawn
24-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes it's worth a trip.

Cheeseburger. :thumbsup:

And they used to do the best lime rickey but they don't serve it anymore. :sigh:

Britchick
24-04-2010, 02:16 PM
And they used to do the best lime rickey but they don't serve it anymore. :sigh:

they don't??????? well can i suggest you get yourself in there and let them know that i'm coming next year and i expect it to be on the menu hmph!!

Kate
24-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Is it actually in Epcot? :unsure:

lisaw
24-04-2010, 05:04 PM
No its at the Beach Club resort Kate :)

Definitely worth a trip although the queues can be long as it is very small, you need to time it right :yes:

Kate
24-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Oh ok thanks! :thumbsup: Means we could plan a trip there now i know that, not doing Epcot when we go

Dawn
24-04-2010, 07:25 PM
They can't get the lime stuff they use in the lime rickey anymore. :(

A cheeseburger and lime rickey from there used to be my best. :sigh:

Firestarter
25-04-2010, 01:22 PM
If you want to see how a Kitchen Sink is made and tastes then yes its worth going, When in Epcot just go to the right after the Rose & Crown and before you cross the bridge to France:yes: Its about a 10 min walk or you could take the ferry.:thumbsup::twomorecents:

Disfan
25-04-2010, 01:26 PM
If you want to see how a Kitchen Sink is made and tastes then yes its worth going, When in Epcot just go to the right after the Rose & Crown and before you cross the bridge to France:yes: Its about a 10 min walk or you could take the ferry.:thumbsup::twomorecents:

cant believe how many things in disney I dont know about

whats a kitchen sink??

Firestarter
25-04-2010, 01:48 PM
cant believe how many things in disney I dont know about

whats a kitchen sink??

Hi Disfan I cant upload a photo but if you Google Kitchen sink ice cream you will see some images, also you might find some video of it being made on You tube.com.:wiggle::wave:

Have fun looking at the videos.

Disfan
25-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi Disfan I cant upload a photo but if you Google Kitchen sink ice cream you will see some images, also you might find some video of it being made on You tube.com.:wiggle::wave:

Have fun looking at the videos.

Thanks firestarter and WOW :lol: that looks so good

Disfan
25-04-2010, 02:05 PM
definitely want one!!

Firestarter
25-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Glad you could see it. We had one and couldnt finish it ( there are 5 of us ) before it melted so dont order any other food with it.:thumbsup:

When it comes to the table you also get a suprise?:yes::yes:

Disfan
25-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Glad you could see it. We had one and couldnt finish it ( there are 5 of us ) before it melted so dont order any other food with it.:thumbsup:

When it comes to the table you also get a suprise?:yes::yes:

OOO a surprise!!!!! thanks so much for this it really sounds like something special we could do

Tink
28-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Beaches and Cream has a large selection of ice cream based dishes, in addition to the Kitchen Sink.

I will warn you though, as it keeps me from being in a group that orders it, they flash the restaurant lights and make a huge production about bringing it to you... it's pretty embarrassing (from my perspective, of course) so if you don't like being the center of attention, opt for one of their sundaes! :D

lisaw
28-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Beaches and Cream has a large selection of ice cream based dishes, in addition to the Kitchen Sink.

I will warn you though, as it keeps me from being in a group that orders it, they flash the restaurant lights and make a huge production about bringing it to you... it's pretty embarrassing (from my perspective, of course) so if you don't like being the center of attention, opt for one of their sundaes! :D

That's exactly why I chickened out of getting one! Also because there was just the four of us and everyone else having one was in a big group! :lol:

we ended up spending more on individual sundaes though :rolleyes:

Tink
28-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh yes, pricey little place. I have to admit this too, the Kitchen Sink looks so messy when it starts to melt and be eaten. :sorry: I think it would gross me out too much. :sorry: Of course, now they provide little bowls, but they used just give the whole group spoons. :lipwobble:

lisaw
28-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh yes, pricey little place. I have to admit this too, the Kitchen Sink looks so messy when it starts to melt and be eaten. :sorry: I think it would gross me out too much. :sorry: Of course, now they provide little bowls, but they used just give the whole group spoons. :lipwobble:

Oh I would have to decant into small bowls - I can't do sharing icecream! :blech: