PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Skywatcher
30-04-2010, 01:51 PM
:unsure: wot no thread yet

OK any plans for the wet and windy weekend ahead - grr typical as it has been glorious all week

May go to an RSPB reserve this weekend somewhere then its shopping and crashing and up all night watching out 2 young badger cubs

Beccaberry
30-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Supposed to be warm here this weekend...can't wait for the sunshine! Tomorrow we'll finish planting the last of our 10 new Arborvitae trees, some tomato plants and our herb garden. We've got some serious deck sitting and grilling planned for the late afternoon. Sunday is off to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden (http://www.bbg.org/) for the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival (Sakura Matsuri). Can't wait to get some shots of the blooms!!

catrancher
30-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Gonna try to mow the lawn this afternoon after work.

Then, since the weekend is supposed to be nothing but rain, I'll probably spend it writing iPhone/iPad code. :geekon:

Tom (:macwave:... building interfaces!)

Deafjeff
30-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Supposed to be warm here this weekend...can't wait for the sunshine! Tomorrow we'll finish planting the last of our 10 new Arborvitae trees, some tomato plants and our herb garden. We've got some serious deck sitting and grilling planned for the late afternoon. Sunday is off to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden (http://www.bbg.org/) for the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival (Sakura Matsuri). Can't wait to get some shots of the blooms!!

Bliss!

Hopefully will go to gym couple of times over the weekend (ikea first thing tomorrow for nice veggie breakfast!)

Dawn
30-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Karate and shopping tomorrow. See what the weather's like on Sunday. Steven has a party to go to on Monday. :thumbsup:

Beccaberry
30-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Bliss!

Hopefully will go to gym couple of times over the weekend (ikea first thing tomorrow for nice veggie breakfast!)

Bliss indeed!! I have been waiting for this weekend for MONTHS! So glad it's supposed to be lovely here! LOVE LOVE LOVE Ikea!!

Deafjeff
30-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Bliss indeed!! I have been waiting for this weekend for MONTHS! So glad it's supposed to be lovely here! LOVE LOVE LOVE Ikea!!

We brought Pax wardrobe last week and not impressed with the handles that came with it so we going shopping tomorrow for a brand new knob! *gasp!*

Shellyamc
30-04-2010, 03:00 PM
The start of this week we got snow and now it is going to be 80 for the weekend! I love Upstate NY :lol:

Looks like tomorrow morning Katie and I are going to go out and spend some time together. I have to get the last few things for her dance recital and I'm sure we will grab some lunch or something :yes:

Saturday after naps I think we are going to head over to the local beach and ride some rides :) Nope, no swimming yet..waaaay too cold.

Sunday Katie has a birthday party to go to and other than that I'm not sure.

Any free time will be spent getting little projects done around the house. We are having a surprise 60th birthday party for my Dad next month, so all of a sudden I can see all the things I want fixed by then :unsure:

Skywatcher
30-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Karate and shopping tomorrow. See what the weather's like on Sunday. Steven has a party to go to on Monday. :thumbsup:

Its a darn shame the weather outlook is so grim - was going to dust off the GPS and do some serious geocaching :sigh:

arkvilla
30-04-2010, 03:12 PM
No plans here. Take away tonight as it's pay day - yay

Arun has a baseball game on Sunday and we've not had the chance to watch him yet this season so would like to get to that.

Ryan has footie match sunday .

Monday is a Bank Holiday so it's bound to rain :thumbsdown: may go for a walk in the woods

Sandra

ukwdwnut
30-04-2010, 03:28 PM
was going fishing, will have to see the weather forecast for the weekend really

Tink
30-04-2010, 05:04 PM
No huge plans. Have to be gone all next week, so getting ready for that over the weekend. Would like to get a walk in "you know where" but that may not happen.

Have to try and come up with something for Mother's Day for my Mom and Herself's Mom. :sigh: Hard to know what to do when one is far, and one is near and neither claim to want or need anything.

Going to a trunk show later today at our eye Dr.'s office.

Britchick
30-04-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm going to Manchester for the weekend, there is a disney convention in the centre :thumbsup:

lisaw
30-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm going to Manchester for the weekend, there is a disney convention in the centre :thumbsup:

Me too funnily enough - might see you there! :lol:

Britchick
30-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Me too funnily enough - might see you there! :lol:

if I manage to make it there in one piece. Not used to traffic!

uscwest
30-04-2010, 07:05 PM
No huge plans. We are expecting a beautiful weekend however. It is already in the 80s here and the sun is shining.

Tinkfan
30-04-2010, 07:36 PM
:wave: Mothers' day shopping for the moms and DIl's. 2 hockey games, 1 track meet and 2 soccer games. First Communion on Sunday morning and finish planting around Sabre's grave. :sorry:

Tink
01-05-2010, 02:27 AM
:wave: Mothers' day shopping for the moms and DIl's. 2 hockey games, 1 track meet and 2 soccer games. First Communion on Sunday morning and finish planting around Sabre's grave. :sorry:

:hug2: You'll make it beautiful. :hug2:

Tinkfan
01-05-2010, 02:33 AM
:hug2: You'll make it beautiful. :hug2:

:hug2: :hug2:

Beccaberry
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM

:hug2: :hug2: to you Tinkfan. I'm sure it will be lovely.

Deafjeff
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM

WHAT?! I didnt know anything about it!!!!! :thumbsdown:

Would have loved to go!!!

Just cleaned my car after coming home from Ikea (nice veggie breakfast
:yes:)

I am quite impressed with Auto Glym..... going to gym soon (feeling ever so butch at the moment!!!!!)

Beccaberry
01-05-2010, 12:18 PM
WHAT?! I didnt know anything about it!!!!! :thumbsdown:

Would have loved to go!!!

Just cleaned my car after coming home from Ikea (nice veggie breakfast
:yes:)

I am quite impressed with Auto Glym..... going to gym soon (feeling ever so butch at the moment!!!!!)

LOL!!!

Have fun at the gym, Jeff...I'll be headed that way myself after I clean my car...it is in DIRE need of a bath.

Tink
01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
We are thinking about taking our Tucson to the dealer and seeing about a trade in "option" they have going on. We really like the vehicle, but Herself is very intrigued by the new ones. :D

I did just look them up on Kelley's and can't find a 6 though. Not a fan of 4s so we'll have to see about that.

She did ask me if I was going to "argue with the poor guy again." :laugh:

Why is it car dealers consider a woman's questions and challenges arguing, but a man's as "expected?" :unsure:

We went to a new German restaurant in Winter Garden last night after attending the trunk show and reception at the eye Doctors.

Ummm, one word! "Ick." :sigh: We had high hopes as it is locally owned and we always try hard to support the individual. The food unfortunately, was not so good at all. The spaetzle was mush. Seriously. Ick. The sauerbraten was tough. How can you have tough sauerbraten? :eek: My Weiner Schnitzel was cooked nicely, but had a weird flavor. The oil must not have been super fresh, or was perhaps a cheap brand? We only use olive oil, so I am hyper sensitive to off flavors. Anyway, nice that we tried a local place, but we'll not be going back.

The trunk show and reception was wicked fun though! Our eye Doc and most of his staff are family. NOTHING beats having a "family man" help you select your new glasses! :D :D

Fierce! :D :D :D

Disneybumble
01-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm not keen on German food at all Tink, though DH loves Becks beer. We are gardening this wkend(well l'm on the computer and Mr B doesn't know).
Zoe my eldest daughter but middle child was 14 on thursday , so we had a sleepover last night. I am shattered, l thought girls stopped gigggling after the age of 12!!!

Tinkfan
01-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm not keen on German food at all Tink, though DH loves Becks beer. We are gardening this wkend(well l'm on the computer and Mr B doesn't know).
Zoe my eldest daughter but middle child was 14 on thursday , so we had a sleepover last night. I am shattered, l thought girls stopped gigggling after the age of 12!!!

:slap: Surely you jest?!!

Tinkfan
01-05-2010, 01:39 PM
We are thinking about taking our Tucson to the dealer and seeing about a trade in "option" they have going on. We really like the vehicle, but Herself is very intrigued by the new ones. :D

I did just look them up on Kelley's and can't find a 6 though. Not a fan of 4s so we'll have to see about that.

She did ask me if I was going to "argue with the poor guy again." :laugh:

Why is it car dealers consider a woman's questions and challenges arguing, but a man's as "expected?" :unsure:

We went to a new German restaurant in Winter Garden last night after attending the trunk show and reception at the eye Doctors.

Ummm, one word! "Ick." :sigh: We had high hopes as it is locally owned and we always try hard to support the individual. The food unfortunately, was not so good at all. The spaetzle was mush. Seriously. Ick. The sauerbraten was tough. How can you have tough sauerbraten? :eek: My Weiner Schnitzel was cooked nicely, but had a weird flavor. The oil must not have been super fresh, or was perhaps a cheap brand? We only use olive oil, so I am hyper sensitive to off flavors. Anyway, nice that we tried a local place, but we'll not be going back.

The trunk show and reception was wicked fun though! Our eye Doc and most of his staff are family. NOTHING beats having a "family man" help you select your new glasses! :D :D

Fierce! :D :D :D

I've never heard of a trunk show for eyeglasses! They are the hardest things to choose for yourself though. I really would like an honest opinion instead of the standard "lovely" really?

Beccaberry
01-05-2010, 01:45 PM
What a very cool concept!! A trunk show for eyeglasses!!! I bet you look FAB-U-LOUS!!!

Sorry to hear the German restaurant was not so good :( but kudos to you for trying!

Deafjeff
01-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Back from the gym pheeew! Managed to burn 347 calories using different machines in 30 mins mmmhh not bad I think! THEN........

popped into tesco and brought some lemon pie(!)

arkvilla
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Naughty, naughty Jeff

She says after eating a scone with jam and clotted cream ( so yummy) but I did go for a run this morning so surely I'm allowed a treat after that

Sandra

Deafjeff
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Naughty, naughty Jeff

She says after eating a scone with jam and clotted cream ( so yummy) but I did go for a run this morning so surely I'm allowed a treat after that

Sandra

well it part of 5 a day diet! :taunt:

arkvilla
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
You are quite right as it was strawberry jam :wink:

Sandra

Deafjeff
01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
You are quite right as it was strawberry jam :wink:

Sandra
and if scone have some dried fruits in it......we just keep on counting eh?!

arkvilla
01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
haha you're right - it had raisins and sultanas in it - I'm well healthy today!!

Sandra