PDA

View Full Version : photoshop cs5 officially out!

keith
01-05-2010, 03:06 PM
yep :yes: trials now downloadble

3D Design | Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended (http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop/photoshopextended/)

Very good it is too!

The HDR support is much better and they now have auto camera/lens profiles to correct lens distortions which is pretty cool

There's that content aware fill as well :D

Skywatcher
01-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I completely agree it is phenomenal - this I might start wit Aperture at that price point though - will have to wait for the PSE release

keith
01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I completely agree it is phenomenal - this I might start wit Aperture at that price point though - will have to wait for the PSE release

Aperture is brilliant there's no doubt about that :yes:

Skywatcher
01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
But it doesn't do that incredible fixing thing you showed us a while back - when I give up my job and become a freelance photographer I'll consider it :lol:

keith
01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
But it doesn't do that incredible fixing thing you showed us a while back - when I give up my job and become a freelance photographer I'll consider it :lol:

you and me both mate :lol:

I did bite the bullet and purchase full photoshop many years ago so am still on the upgrade path. So luckily I'll probably be able to get cs5 without a second mortgage :lol:

HOWEVER the fixing thing is kinda less impressive. OK no that's not fair, its EXCELLENT when the background is a field or a wall, something like that, but if there was a detailed background behind the item you remove, it generally looks rubbish. (understandably IMHO but still).

It's a lot nicer on the mac now it's 64bit cocoa though :D

josh.p.
01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
my 'want it' sensor is beeping.

catrancher
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I know about it's capabilities but it's just way too expensive! :jawdrop:

Even the upgrade price is way out of line. Especially since my upgrade path is from Elements since my full Photoshop version is too old to even count.

Tom (:macwave:... sigh...)

keith
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Even the upgrade price is way out of line. Especially since my upgrade path is from Elements since my full Photoshop version is too old to even count.

I know Tom :(

They brought in that sneaky "only 3 versions behind" upgrade policy with cs4 I think. At the time I was right on the boundary so snapped it up to keep myself in the loop.

Elements is nice but I cant help thinking they need to price photoshop proper according to use. A cheaper personal single copy use license for the enthusiast would be a brilliant idea.

catrancher
01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Elements is nice but I cant help thinking they need to price photoshop proper according to use. A cheaper personal single copy use license for the enthusiast would be a brilliant idea.

I absolutely agree with you 100% on that one! :yes:

But my "upgrade" price at $899 is ludicrous! At that price point, it's something only a professional could afford to use. Or someone with lots more disposable income than I have! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... they must think I'm made of money!)

keith
01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
But my "upgrade" price at $899 is ludicrous! At that price point, it's something only a professional could afford to use. Or someone with lots more disposable income than I have! :mental:

$899 is completely crazy! As you say, only a pro and even then you'd be thinking hmmmm an upgrade to photoshop or a new lens!

I havent looked to see how much MY upgrade will be actually :/

josh.p.
01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
It really is no wonder that 99% of people I know haven't paid for photoshop.. if you catch my drift.

keith
01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
It really is no wonder that 99% of people I know haven't paid for photoshop.. if you catch my drift.

..but then they'd say, as they have before, if those people bought a copy, the price could be lower :(

I know I know but that's what they'd say

josh.p.
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
..but then they'd say, as they have before, if those people bought a copy, the price could be lower :(

I know I know but that's what they'd say
That's always my argument :yes: