PDA

View Full Version : harry potter book

chief
05-05-2010, 08:10 PM
o.m.g i have just read in the paper that the very first harry potter book in hardback could be worth some serious money!!! :unsure:wow i have one of those!! guess where i'll be going if it's true?? i can dream:yes:

keith
05-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I keep reading the same and wondering! I have the whole set in hard back, first editions (along with some errors made which were corrected later etc.)

chief
05-05-2010, 08:23 PM
wow! i think just the first one is being auctioned tomoro at sotherbys!!

Esmeralda
05-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I keep reading the same and wondering! I have the whole set in hard back, first editions (along with some errors made which were corrected later etc.)
Me too. If it's a signed one (which sadly mine are not) you are looking at thousands. My kids have the first one with the errors too.:worship:

keith
05-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Me too. If it's a signed one (which sadly mine are not) you are looking at thousands. My kids have the first one with the errors too.:worship:

nah sadly it isnt signed. I have one of the books in the series first edition, first print run which was signed but not the first book sadly.

Skywatcher
06-05-2010, 06:58 AM
I have a first edition Deathly Hallows - but then so does half the world :lol:

Tinkfan
06-05-2010, 11:47 AM
What errors were made? I love Harry!!

Esmeralda
06-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Can't remember too much but something to do with the ministry? HP die hard fans will correct me if I'm wrong. I just remember reading a passage and it didn't quite add up.

chief
06-05-2010, 04:14 PM
What errors were made? I love Harry!!
thats what i wanted to ask too:unsure: i dont remember any errors, maybe mine is a later edition than i thought. mind you i could't tell you what happened in the last book i read![i finished it yesterday!!]lol

josh.p.
06-05-2010, 06:55 PM
I got my copy of the half blood prince 2-3 days before it came out :yes: It seemed to be on sale in a book shop in Orlando and Mum bought it quickly knowing it wasn't out for a good while!