PDA

View Full Version : Can you spare a little pixie dust please

Lisa1976
06-05-2010, 12:36 PM
I have to go in to hospital for a wrist operation tomorrow under local which im going to be AWAKE for.

To say im scared of the awake part is an understatement. :sad:

My doctor has given me something which will hopefully take the edge of my nerves a little (im hoping anyway), but any spare pixie dust would be appreciated :redface:

catrancher
06-05-2010, 12:50 PM
:hug2:

Good luck with that! I share your anxiety!

A couple of years ago they had to operate on my nose with only a local anesthetic. To say I was nervous was an understatement. And they wouldn't give me anything to "relax" me. :mental:

At least you've got a little something! Count yourself lucky for that!

Tom (:macwave:... what nose?)

Lisa1976
06-05-2010, 12:53 PM
The consultant who is doing the op wouldn't either. I had to go to the doctors to get it. Silly isn't it, you would have thought it would make their life and the op going easier if you were relaxed. Just hoping the pills do the trick

Britchick
06-05-2010, 01:00 PM
will be thinking of you:hug2:

uscwest
06-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Lisa I was under a local during my surgery for carpal tunnel a few years back. I never felt a thing however, even though I was wide awake.

Lisa1976
06-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Lisa I was under a local during my surgery for carpal tunnel a few years back. I never felt a thing however, even though I was wide awake.

Thats why im having my op for carpal tunnel. Good to know you didn't feel anything. Thanks Mick

arkvilla
06-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Could you take an Ipod in with you to listen to some music to distract yourself?

:pixiedust: I'm sure everything will go well

Sandra

Lisa1976
06-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Could you take an Ipod in with you to listen to some music to distract yourself?

Well im hoping with the vallium the doctor has given me that I can quite happily lay there and dream of Rob / Edward Cullen :biggrin:

lisaw
06-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Good luck tomorrow Lisa - will be thinking of you :hug2:

mumof2
06-05-2010, 02:16 PM
:pixiedust::pixiedust:

:hug2::hug2:

keith
06-05-2010, 02:18 PM
good luck :pixiedust: everyone I know who's been able to stay awake has preferred it to the unknown of a general. It'll be over before you know it :yes:

Isafari
06-05-2010, 02:20 PM
:hug2: Good luck Lisa

Tinkfan
06-05-2010, 02:45 PM
:love2::pixiedust::pixiedust:

chief
06-05-2010, 04:27 PM
good luck lisa you will be just fine. i had my two boys by c section which i was awake for and the doctors and nurses just chat like your're at the supermarket. thinking about it is worse than it actually happening. try and relax and try to get a good nights sleep. take care x:thumbsup:

Johnie
06-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Same thing here except mine was about 15 years ago. The nurse and the anastestiologist had to tell my surgeon to hush it since he wanted to describe in detail what he was doing. Didn't need or want to hear it!

Good luck sweetie!!

Tink
06-05-2010, 04:43 PM
:pdust: :pdust: :pdust:

Sending all good wishes for it to be over quickly and without too much stress! :hug2:

foreverducky
06-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Good luck! :hug2:

josh.p.
06-05-2010, 11:41 PM
:pixiedust: Hope everything goes well for you :hug2:

Lisa1976
09-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Just to let you know, im still alive :lol:

To say it was painful is an understatement, the injections were soooooo painful and to top it all off they didnt give me enough and i could feel them cutting in to me, so they had to stop and give me more.

I was in quite alot of pain Friday afternoon and yesterday so went to the doctors yesterday afternoon to get painkillers, they are goooood, space me out a little but the pain has gone so i dont mind :)

Thanks all of you for your well wishes :hug2:

Tink
09-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh dear. :( That sounds terrible. :hug2: I cannot imagine how awful it must have been to feel someone cutting into you! :eek:

At least the medicine is helping you get through the most painful time.

Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing with your recovery.

Isafari
09-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh no Lisa :hug2: I'm so sorry you went through that:hug2::hug2:
Speedy recovery eh :hug2:

keith
09-05-2010, 10:41 PM
To say it was painful is an understatement, the injections were soooooo painful and to top it all off they didnt give me enough and i could feel them cutting in to me, so they had to stop and give me more.

Sound of Keith fainting :unsure:

Glad youre ok though!!!

uscwest
11-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear that you got through it. Can't imagine what they must have given you that you could feel the pain of them cutting. Sorry you had to go through that.

Johnie
11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
oh no! I am so sorry you had to go through that!

josh.p.
11-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Just to let you know, im still alive :lol:

I was in quite alot of pain Friday afternoon and yesterday so went to the doctors yesterday afternoon to get painkillers, they are goooood, space me out a little but the pain has gone so i dont mind :)

Thanks all of you for your well wishes :hug2:
:sigh: I have had that too (anesthetic not working) It was when I had a nail removed on my toe, I had so many injections that my toe was really swollen, and when they cut into the piece of skin (or whatever it is) that connects my toe to the nail it hurt like hell!

Glad the pain killers are working :yes: Enjoy being spaced out- things tend not to stress you out so much!!

Kate
11-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Eeek, good grief Lisa, that sounds quite horriffic!!! Lets hope you are on the mend now - those painkillers sound great! :wink:

Tinker
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh My Lisa, I'm so sorry you had to go through that . I can't even imagine feeling being cut . I know when I slip and cut my finger with a knife hurts like the devil . Thinking of you sweetie and hope you recover quickly . :pdust::pdust::pdust::pdust:

lisaw
12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
What an ordeal! Hope it all heals very quickly and you feel better for the op :hug2: