PDA

View Full Version : SLR or compact for the parks?

chipndale
07-05-2010, 10:43 AM
A quick question, just wondering what you all do for cameras at the parks, want to take my SLR but thinking that might be too big to carry around and worried about leaving it lockers etc.

I could take my compact but then Id be wishing Id taken the SLR :lol:

What do you do and did it work out?

Deafjeff
07-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi,

There is a thread on this and I am not sure how to direct you to it! :unsure:

However, it looks like some cast members at the gates area bit of a 'size queen' so my answer to this is to take both!!!

If I am doing lots of rides will bring compact but if I am having a quiet day will bring SLR...

simonwebb74
07-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Has to be the SLR, far to many photo opportunities to miss out on otherwise.

keith
07-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Has to be the SLR, far to many photo opportunities to miss out on otherwise.

yep for me too. I do sometimes take a compact but always end up regretting it when I see a good photo op

catrancher
07-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Yep. SLR for me too! I took my compact instead on my last trip and regretted not having my SLR. :sigh:

However, before I go again, I do want to upgrade my SLR (Nikon D70) to one of the newer models that has video capture capability. :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... bigger, faster, better!)

ukwdwnut
07-05-2010, 11:42 AM
has to be SLR, saying that i take my P&S fuji as well.

foreverducky
07-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I will be going with the DSLR. Don't want to miss a great photo op. (because you know they will show up when you don't have it with you). :D

Britchick
07-05-2010, 03:57 PM
so my answer to this is to take both!!!

If I am doing lots of rides will bring compact but if I am having a quiet day will bring SLR...

completely agree. My second camera is a bridging one anyway so still good quality.

I think it's about what you feel comfortable with

josh.p.
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
If it was universal I think I'd rather take a compact, there's a bit less scenery and photo ops than in Disney (not to mention much better rides!) and an SLR to Disney.

ukwdwnut
08-05-2010, 07:45 PM
id take an slr to every park jmo