PDA

View Full Version : No more mcdonalds!?

goofygal
07-05-2010, 11:18 AM
OMG Just read that the mcdonalds in the parks have shut and even the big one at downtown disney is going at the end of this month :(

I'm fedup being told what we should eat especially on holiday :( am I the only one who's a bit disappointed?

Im not saying its a major deal or anything but sometimes familiar food can avoid a serious meltdown so it was a useful last resort

simonwebb74
07-05-2010, 11:24 AM
There is still the McDonalds by the All-Star resorts

ukwdwnut
07-05-2010, 11:44 AM
we always have a maccy d's on holiday, will just have to have something else at the parks, can always stop off on the way back to the villa if need be :D

foreverducky
07-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I enjoyed buying the fries at DHS near Beauty and Beast show. They were always fresh and hot. So yummy.

(:sigh: I miss eating fried foods)

gwennie81
08-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Wow. I didn't think that anyone would actually ever miss McDonald's since they're all over here in the states. The Downtown Disney closure was announced a while back. The McD's fry stand was still open in Frontierland in MK when I was there last month but, maybe they shut that one down?
There is still a McD's outside the All-Star Resorts near Osceola Parkway. They JUST renovated it so, it will be there quite a while (I hope). I always stop there to get a cup of joe on my way home!

Dawn
08-05-2010, 05:33 AM
I'm going to risk a flaming and say "YAY!!!"

It's called MuckDonalds in our house. :D

keith
08-05-2010, 03:25 PM
No flaming :yes: you're right, it's rubbish food but I'll still miss it :(

For me it was that little one just before you get to Canada in the World Showcase EPCOT. They didn't do much, mainly just fries and chicken nuggets but I'd get some, sit and people watch for a while.

I don't like the Disney fries and all the Disney fast food tastes the same. So it was nice to just have plain ole mcdonalds.

I do agree it's trashy stuff though, I can't argue otherwise and if ALL the fast food stands were mcdonalds, I'd have to say that a change was due. Having just a few mcdonalds dotted around though added just a bit of choice and I'm all for choice even if my choices are bad for me sometimes :yes:

ukwdwnut
08-05-2010, 06:22 PM
i much prefer BK or KFC tbh but i just luv the milkshakes they are the best :D

uscwest
09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Don't recall ever eating at any of the WDW McDonalds except for breakfast.