PDA

View Full Version : Where have you always wanted to stay?

keith
09-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I've ALWAYS wanted to try those treehouse villas :) I don't even know how to book them and DW has said if I do, I'm staying there on my own because she hates the gloomy, surrounded by forest feel of them. That's fine, she can stay at the GF and I'll be in the treehouse :D

Where have you always wanted to stay?

Britchick
09-05-2010, 05:51 PM
they look very cool. I'd like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge and in a MK view Baylake Towers. I'm saving the Grand Floridian for a special occasion eg without kids! :yes:

catrancher
09-05-2010, 05:52 PM
DW and I have always wanted to try the Poly.

Haven't made it yet but someday. Maybe. :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... aloha!)

lisaw
09-05-2010, 05:53 PM
They look fab don't they? They are part of Saratoga Springs so I would think you book them through there :unsure: Pricey though as they sleep a large number, think they are equivalent to a 3 bed villa.

We want to try BW or WL next but I would love to stay at the GF :yes:

ukwdwnut
09-05-2010, 05:54 PM
always been the poly for me but im not sure now as people have said its in need of a makeover, so id say AKL savannah view :D

Skywatcher
09-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Wilderness lodge :yes: I fell in love with it when I first saw the drawings of it before it was built.

Lisa would say the AKL

Britchick
09-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Chris you have to stay at the AKL next time you go, if even for a few nights.

Skywatcher
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
I would say definitely and it was the plan when we ever go back - but I'm not sure how it will compare after we have gone to Kenya

keith
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Wilderness lodge :yes: I fell in love with it when I first saw the drawings of it before it was built.

Me too :yes: I can't wait to be back there. I love a late night drink in the lobby and a wander round outside. Cross your fingers for me and in a few days time I'll be there sitting on the dock at 3am enjoying the silence

They look fab don't they? They are part of Saratoga Springs so I would think you book them through there :unsure: Pricey though as they sleep a large number, think they are equivalent to a 3 bed villa.

Well in that case we'll have to rent a few of them and have a Disney Secrets meet! :D

Skywatcher
09-05-2010, 06:05 PM
:lol: I love sitting on the dock at 4 am with the mist pouring off the lake - I get a chill thinking about it.

Are you sure we're not related in some way :lol:

keith
09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
:lol: I love sitting on the dock at 4 am with the mist pouring off the lake - I get a chill thinking about it.

Are you sure we're not related in some way :lol:

:laugh: well if we're ever there at the same time I'll buy you a drink I promise :yes:

DW loves it because apparently there's a little "private" self contained beach somewhere. No idea where, she won't tell me :lol:

Skywatcher
09-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I know that if we ever went again I really should go somewhere else, but I just don't want to

Isafari
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Savannah view at AKL

Poohtle
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I've ALWAYS wanted to try those treehouse villas :) I don't even know how to book them and DW has said if I do, I'm staying there on my own because she hates the gloomy, surrounded by forest feel of them. That's fine, she can stay at the GF and I'll be in the treehouse :D

Where have you always wanted to stay?

Don't know about always as we haven't been going always!!!! But for a longish time I have fancied the Poly with a MK view!!!

I'm with your wife on this one!!! Couldn't stand the bus transportation either so would have to use the car all the time.

Britchick
09-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Well in that case we'll have to rent a few of them and have a Disney Secrets meet! :D

yeah yeah! :chdance::chdance::chdance::chdance::chdance:

ukwdwnut
09-05-2010, 06:15 PM
ive never looked at WL before, it looks awesome too

keith
09-05-2010, 06:15 PM
yeah yeah! :chdance::chdance::chdance::chdance::chdance:

...and you know those treehouses with the windows looking into the forest look a lot like the Cullen's place from Twilight ;-)

Britchick
09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
...and you know those treehouses with the windows looking into the forest look a lot like the Cullen's place from Twilight ;-)

:thud:

does that mean i can be a spider monkey?

keith
09-05-2010, 06:23 PM
ive never looked at WL before, it looks awesome too

oh man, beyond awesome :yes: it's one of the most commonly overlooked secrets of Disney IMHO!

It, along with AKL, is often considerably cheaper than the other MK resorts like poly, gf, contemp because it's not on the monorail. HOWEVER it has a boat across to the magic kingdom which is a wonderful few minutes of calm and you get to see the magic kingdom gradually coming closer. Travelling back you can often see the fireworks across the lake. Many people watch them from the dock.

It's an all in one resort so none of this going out to stay in a motel type arrangement.

Artist point is one of the truly great restaurants but yet you can ALWAYS get a table. Great little bar as well. Shop is fabulous and has more than normal shops because of the villas next door.

There's that Whispering Canyon Café place too which is a lot of fun but too scary for me :lol:

It was also where we stayed when we got married (but I haven't held that against it :D ) eek could be in trouble for that one later. It was at christmas and they had a wonderful tree, decorations, bell ringers of an evening.

Just wonderful.

keith
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
:thud:

does that mean i can be a spider monkey?

Well if we ever have a secrets meet I'll see if Edward will come along. I'll have to ask Bella too though, you know, just for completeness :D

Tink
09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I believe the treehouses sleep 9, which is why I went with the Grand Villa when "they all came down" for the cruise.

We didn't like the Poly much. :sorry:

We're headed to BLT, for the first weekend in June. :D

We've wanted to stay there since it opened.

Dawn
09-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I want to camp at Fort Wilderness.

Britchick
09-05-2010, 06:28 PM
awwwwwwwww

ukwdwnut
sounds superb keith...would love to stay there for a few days, i could never ever afford to stay at a deluxe for the entire holiday unless i won the lottery

who is the photo of keith?

keith
I want to camp at Fort Wilderness.

strangely enough, me too :yes:

I wander round there every year at christmas to look at the decorations. Has anyone else seen them???? They're *AMAZING* some of them put Disney to shame!

keith
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM
sounds superb keith...would love to stay there for a few days, i could never ever afford to stay at a deluxe for the entire holiday unless i won the lottery

who is the photo of keith?

That's DW at the wilderness lodge on the wedding day :yes:

Britchick
09-05-2010, 06:29 PM
we bought a tent to camp at FW then i got cold feet because of the bugs/snakes etc:yes:

ukwdwnut
09-05-2010, 06:30 PM
That's DW at the wilderness lodge on the wedding day :yes:

really omg how the heck did she latch on to you then :wink: :lol: you have one beautiful wife keith :yes:

keith
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
really omg how the heck did she latch on to you then :wink: :lol: you have one beautiful wife keith :yes:

cheers *mate* (I use the term loosely :lol: )

ukwdwnut
09-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I believe the treehouses sleep 9, which is why I went with the Grand Villa when "they all came down" for the cruise.

We didn't like the Poly much. :sorry:

We're headed to BLT, for the first weekend in June. :D

We've wanted to stay there since it opened.

do you pay pp or per treehouse tink?

ukwdwnut
09-05-2010, 06:32 PM
cheers *mate* (I use the term loosely :lol: )

:taunt::taunt: :lol:

Claire
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Wow, Mrs Keith is stunning!

I fancy the Bay Lake View Towers or the Beach Club for the pool.

Britchick
09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
how's the guide dog Keith? :exit:

keith
09-05-2010, 06:37 PM
:taunt:

uscwest
09-05-2010, 06:53 PM
We have actually stayed at all the deluxe at least once. Would love a concierge at AKL so that we can do the Sunrise Safari someday. After that a stay at the GF with a view of MK.

catrancher
09-05-2010, 07:54 PM
We've stayed at the WL before and would have loved it except for the fact that I came down with the flu almost the day we arrived and spent pretty much the entire vacation sick in bed. :thumbsdown:

Not the best of times for sure. Would love to try it again!

Tom (:macwave:... I hate it when that happens!)

Tinkfan
10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I would love to stay at WL or AK, both are beautiful! Really I would try almost any of the deluxe resorts, Treehouses included! The only one I really don't have an interest in are the cabins in FW.:yes:

*Bambi-Belle*
10-05-2010, 04:58 PM
It's the Wilderness Lodge for us too. We have been lucky enough to stay there quite a few times now and will be heading back this summer. I did try to get the troops to try the beach club this year but they were having none of it lol.

My boys adore the place. We have so many good memories from the WL.

I think when DH and I start going on our own the Beach Club would be nice as Epcot has all the nice eating places, and DHS is our favourite park.

ukwdwnut
10-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I would love to stay at WL or AK, both are beautiful! Really I would try almost any of the deluxe resorts, Treehouses included! The only one I really don't have an interest in are the cabins in FW.:yes:

i think i would try any of them too, they all look fantasmic :yes:

Tinker
12-05-2010, 02:36 AM
I've stayed at The Beach Club, The Poly and AKL Kidani . They were my three must stay at resorts . :fingers: for Bay Lake Towers for this coming October or November . If we do , then I'd have to agree with uscwest, AKL concierge for the Sunrise Safari .

SleepinCatz
12-05-2010, 10:13 PM
My Hubby and I have always wanted to stay in the contemporary( sp?)

Casey3557
14-05-2010, 06:36 PM
We have been very fortunate in that we have stayed just about everywhere we have wanted to. We did a lot of split stays for many years so that we could stay in a luxury resort for a few days coupled with a longer stay at a moderate. That fit into the budget much better for us, otherwise it never would have happened! The monorail resorts are wonderful, but it is also fabulous to be able to walk to Epcot too!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
The only resorts we have not visited so far are Pop Century, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge and the Yacht Club (been to the Beach Club, though!). So we have been very lucky and we’ve enjoyed every minute of it.
<o:p> </o:p>
We would like to check out the tree houses someday. We are keeping that option open for a family reunion. While we love our home resort, it is nice to check out other options available every now and then. We stayed at BLT last summer for a few nights and we loved the location, but we’ve always been CR fans, so we weren’t exactly surprised at how great it was. :yes:

mrtoffee
22-05-2010, 06:44 AM
I've always wanted to stay at the beach club and my wife wants to stay in the contempory. Means we need at least 2 more trips after of feb trip to please everyone :thumbsup:

Debbie2
22-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I would love to stay in a suite in the main building of the GF :)