PDA

View Full Version : Word 2007 help

foreverducky
16-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I need help! How do I have a header that is flushed left, while also having page numbers flushed right? :unsure: I keep trying, but am getting nowhere fast. :surrender:

keith
16-05-2010, 09:00 PM
I need help! How do I have a header that is flushed left, while also having page numbers flushed right? :unsure: I keep trying, but am getting nowhere fast. :surrender:

hmmm have you actually defined them properly in the headers and footers bit? I thought they worked independently and would work as you wanted :/

foreverducky
16-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, they are both technically headers. I want something like "Information" on the top left and "page 5" on the top right.

keith
16-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Well, they are both technically headers. I want something like "Information" on the top left and "page 5" on the top right.

ah sure ok see we always did headers on top, footer page numbers bottom right

the following may do it if you type the page number code as the text

1. Make sure the header paragraph is formatted as left-aligned to start
2. Display the Tabs dialog box. In Word 2007 display the Home tab of the ribbon, click the small icon at the bottom-right of the Paragraph group, and then click the Tabs button. In previous versions of Word select the Tabs option from the Format menu.
3. Insert a right-aligned tab near the right edge of the line.
4. Click on Set.
5. Click on OK.
6. Type your text. Press the Tab key between the information to be left-aligned and the information you want right-aligned.

foreverducky
16-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Thank you! You are a flippin' genius! :prof:

:happydance::thanks:

catrancher
16-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Office 2007. :thumbsdown:

How to take a perfectly useable, although bloated, set of applications and make them almost completely useless. :whistle:

Tom (:macwave:... I know an interface designer who should be flogged!)

keith
16-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Office 2007. :thumbsdown:

How to take a perfectly useable, although bloated, set of applications and make them almost completely useless. :whistle:

Tom (:macwave:... I know an interface designer who should be flogged!)

yep completely agree :(

office 2003 was the last version I could use easily, soon as they introduced those ribbon bars, usability went right down and Im always searching. office 2010 is to me now unusable. literally I spend longer looking for every command icon than I do typing the documents. Awful awful UI decisions

foreverducky
16-05-2010, 09:45 PM
I'm still getting use to it, which is good because I think I should start a new program while working on my dissertation. (I hope the sarcasm comes out). :unimpressed:

catrancher
16-05-2010, 09:54 PM
office 2010 is to me now unusable.

Fortunately, I haven't been subjected to that one yet. I'm sure they'll find a way to shove it down my throat though. They always do. :sigh:

Awful awful UI decisions

And this is strange... how?

Tom (:macwave:... consider the source!)

ukwdwnut
16-05-2010, 10:25 PM
i use office 2007 and im still at a loss where to find everything, i think its horrendous to use...2003 was and still is much better and soooooooo easy to use :yes:

Britchick
17-05-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm really glad it's not just me! I nearly cried when they updated my work laptop

josh.p.
17-05-2010, 08:57 AM
:wave: Another one who hates word 2007. 2003 was at least useable but I still prefer 2000 :rotfl:

They should take a look at pages and learn from that. I think it's fantastic :yes:

foreverducky
17-05-2010, 12:31 PM
With school, I have to keep up with the new and "improved" versions.

catrancher
17-05-2010, 12:42 PM

:blech:

Tom (:macwave:... improved????)

ukwdwnut
17-05-2010, 01:11 PM

you should ask them for some training on it then FD :yes:

uscwest
17-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I've been using Office 2003 for so many years it has almost become rote. My laptop at home has 2007 on it though and I don't use it often enough yet to become familiar. Our work computers are going to be upgraded to Office 2007 in the near future and I think we'll be offered training.

foreverducky
17-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Training....:ROFL: I wont hold my breath.

catrancher
17-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Hmmm... not sure if it's any good or not but I just found this:

Get your Office 2003 menus back (http://www.addintools.com/english/menuoffice/default.htm).

Although it costs $29.95, if it works as advertised, it "might" provide some relief! Some of the reviewers (CNET) seemed to like it very much.

Tom (:macwave:... sadly, I can't install it!)

foreverducky
17-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Sounds cool! I don't understand why they have to change everything around.

It's like walking into the same grocery for 6 months, going directly to the aisle with the pasta, only to find jello sitting where your pasta was.

catrancher
17-05-2010, 03:42 PM
It's like walking into the same grocery for 6 months, going directly to the aisle with the pasta, only to find jello sitting where your pasta was.

Exactly! :yes:

Or like going into Wal Mart and finding that the lawn refuse bags are now in men's clothing (don't laugh. It actually happened to me!) :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... change is best in small doses!)

foreverducky
17-05-2010, 03:47 PM
And it's always a surprise...what happened to warning labels?

ukwdwnut
17-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Sounds cool! I don't understand why they have to change everything around.

if they didnt change things i guess there no point releasing new versions ;) :lol:

i just think the menu system is really bad and not user friendly at all, although i am finding my way around it

uscwest
17-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Exactly! :yes:

Or like going into Wal Mart and finding that the lawn refuse bags are now in men's clothing (don't laugh. It actually happened to me!) :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... change is best in small doses!)
You aren't the only one Tom. They are upgrading our local Walmart to make it a Super Walmart or whatever it is they call the ones that also sell groceries. I was in it last week and couldn't find anything I was looking for.