PDA

View Full Version : if you could change things

tb2830
19-05-2010, 09:53 PM
if you could change some of the things you've done what would they be ??

mine are

1) wasting my school years
2) getting married so young
3) not learning to drive sooner

josh.p.
19-05-2010, 10:00 PM
1) Not trying harder at AS Level Spanish
2) My uni choices

:unsure: I can't think of much else tbh, which I suppose is a good thing :yes:

josh.p.
19-05-2010, 10:01 PM
ohohoh! Not getting a mac sooner :macwave:

Britchick
19-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Oh crikey, none that I can think of that I can share here! Just little things really.

Dawn
20-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Nothing - we are the product of our experiences.

lisaw
20-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Wish I'd done the au pair in America project I was going to do when I was 18 - had the application filled out and then I met a boy :rolleyes:

Skywatcher
20-05-2010, 07:48 AM
My only regret is not learning to play a musical instrument properly when I was younger

otherwise I agree utterly with Dawn

ukwdwnut
20-05-2010, 08:39 AM
there is one major thing i would change, but i couldnt have if i want to keep what i have from it, so i do and i dont and its nothing that i could share on here

mumof2
20-05-2010, 09:19 AM
i just have a couple of things....

I would've travelled more when i was younger and had the money to do so, and learnt to play a few musical instruments - piano, guitar and drums.

Tink
20-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Yep, no true regrets, or wishes to change the path I've been on. It's been a long and often rough road, but it has helped to make me the person I am. Not that I always like me mind, ;) but I do make a consistent effort to do what is right for all concerned.

I still keep telling myself there is time to learn to play the piano. :D

MarkE
20-05-2010, 11:32 AM
In December 2006, one of my friends ended his 3 year relationship with my sister to 'live his life, and go travelling' - at the time, me and Claire were not doing too good. I was this close to breaking up with her, and doing the same. Instead, I bought a house!

In April 2008 we seperated anyway, so I sometimes wish I hadnt wasted my time. But as a result, I got in touch with Louise, who I am with now. She had an even worse time than me when her husband of 8 weeks up and left; and if I'd gone away, I wouldn't have been able to support her and fall in love with her again (we met at 17, and when she didnt want to go out with me back then, I dated Claire). So I guess I've won in the long run, and shouldnt want to change that.

I live my life in full awareness of the consequences of my actions. My life is in God's hand's, and my fate is his will.

If I could really change one thing? I'd have drummed that first sentence into people YEARS AGO. But we all failed, and must now all live with the consequences.

uscwest
20-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I think I have a couple of do-overs that I wish I had done.

1. Go to my senior prom

2. Join either the Air National Guard or the AF Reserves when I got out back in 1974. They didn't even offer it to me so I wasn't really aware of either.

Rosie0610
20-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Mine would be:
1) To stick with my original college and major. I gave up and moved back home to follow a boy. I went to a school I didn't like and got a degree in a subject I don't and can't use.

Other than that I'm good to go! :lol:

Britchick
20-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Nothing - we are the product of our experiences.

how true that is! everything that I've done, every decision I've made has shaped me as a person and those around me. Life is too short for regrets and it's never to late to go and do the things that mean the most to you.

chief
20-05-2010, 05:22 PM
i wouldnt do anything any different other than stand up to the girl that bullied me at school sooner! but really i am the person i am now because of all the experiences, and i dont let anyone! walk over me now!!

Johnie
20-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I wish I had learned to play a musical instrument.

I don't live with regrets per se. Everything I have done has made me who I am now.

Rosie0610
20-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh I guess I do have another one...
I would've bought into DVC when I was young and single and had expendable income!

catrancher
20-05-2010, 07:29 PM
My only regret is not learning to play a musical instrument properly when I was younger

What Chris said! :thumbsup:

I'd give anything to be able to play my piano or my guitars correctly and accurately.

I'm still trying and I won't give up but it would have been much easier to do when I was younger!

Tom (:macwave:... Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini!)

josh.p.
20-05-2010, 07:39 PM
That's one- I wish I'd have put more effort into sticking with the saxophone or finding another teacher :yes: My teacher was awful and really put me off after I'd played it for a few years.

Tink
21-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Josh, Seth's Da (and I! LOL) used to play the sax. He was VERY good and I wonder if he regrets giving it up? I wasn't so good. :lol: I played sax only because I couldn't (wasn't allowed) to play piano. Weird tradeoff eh? My heart wasn't in it so gave it up as soon as I could.

I think regrets are dangerous things. We focus on what we now think we should have done then, and that can be quite destructive. If there is something that you regret doing back then and you can now correct it, then do so. If there is something you regret not doing back then, and you can now do it, then do so. No more regrets!

I don't know who said it first, but it resonated with me when I first heard this, "We are who we become."

We become through experiences, through decisions, through events that we survive. Regretting them, implies we regret parts of ourselves. Not a good thing, eh?

My Mother used to always direct us back to ourselves. "Never mind other people and what they have. You be grateful for what you've got! Look to yourself and don't be so concerned with others."

Wise woman, Mama. :yes:

uscwest
21-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Josh, Seth's Da (and I! LOL) used to play the sax. He was VERY good and I wonder if he regrets giving it up? I wasn't so good. :lol: I played sax only because I couldn't (wasn't allowed) to play piano. Weird tradeoff eh? My heart wasn't in it so gave it up as soon as I could.

I think regrets are dangerous things. We focus on what we now think we should have done then, and that can be quite destructive. If there is something that you regret doing back then and you can now correct it, then do so. If there is something you regret not doing back then, and you can now do it, then do so. No more regrets!

I don't know who said it first, but it resonated with me when I first heard this, "We are who we become."

We become through experiences, through decisions, through events that we survive. Regretting them, implies we regret parts of ourselves. Not a good thing, eh?

My Mother used to always direct us back to ourselves. "Never mind other people and what they have. You be grateful for what you've got! Look to yourself and don't be so concerned with others."

Wise woman, Mama. :yes: Isn't it amazing how wise our Moms are/were? I wish mine was still around to impart wisdom sometimes. :hug2:

Tink
21-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Ah John. :sorry: :hug2:

MystikPiglit
21-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Even though I have had a very difficult life :sad: I couldn't change a thing in case I didn't end up with what I have at this moment.... 2 fantastic children and the best husband in the world.

I would like to be a drummer though. :D

Skywatcher
21-05-2010, 02:31 PM
http://www.jonathanbushart.com/Illustration/full-sized/pig_drums_475px_w.jpg

MystikPiglit
21-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey ...... I'm blonde..... :lol:

Skywatcher
21-05-2010, 02:57 PM
... so you don't mind the hairy chest then :lol:

MystikPiglit
21-05-2010, 02:59 PM
:focus:

Britchick
21-05-2010, 04:46 PM
i've changed my mind i do have something- my choice of career!!! :hissyfit::hissyfit:

mainecoon lover
21-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Not studying harder at school

Doing a catering course in college, i wish i had done a bakery course.

Most of all, letting blooming doctors operate on beth's hips.