PDA

View Full Version : must have orlando foods and eateries?

MonorailMick
01-06-2010, 06:32 AM
we loved the pulled pork I think it was called? fried cheese, cheesecake at the cheesecake factory and the disney chicken strips we couldnt get enough of them :lol:

what about you?

keith
01-06-2010, 06:45 AM
oh gosh where to start :lol:

Well my fave place at the moment is Charley's steakhouse. I love that it's all little booths and nooks rather than a huge dining area. The food is absolutely great and the steak just so tasty, the lamb fantastic as well.

I'm not sure I have anything unique to Orlando hmmmm. Love the cheesecake factory and their omlettes yum!

Slowhand
01-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Well my fave place at the moment is Charley's steakhouse. I love that it's all little booths and nooks rather than a huge dining area. The food is absolutely great and the steak just so tasty, the lamb fantastic as well.

If you like nooks and crannies Keith [as well as fantastic food and service] you would love Bern`s Steakhouse in Tampa.
Ricardo and his wife took us there for dinner one night during our trip and it was amazing [exactly like catrancher described to me when he found out we were going]...I`ll go into detail WHEN I get round to doing some form of TR of our visit. :lol:

keith
01-06-2010, 08:19 AM
If you like nooks and crannies Keith [as well as fantastic food and service] you would love Bern`s Steakhouse in Tampa.
Ricardo and his wife took us there for dinner one night during our trip and it was amazing [exactly like catrancher described to me when he found out we were going]...I`ll go into detail WHEN I get round to doing some form of TR of our visit. :lol:

OOOOO that sounds interesting!!!!!!!!!!

Isafari
01-06-2010, 08:21 AM
OOOOO that sounds interesting!!!!!!!!!!

:yes: we're going to Tampa to meet a couple of friends and we always go for a meal, I'll have to look it up :thumbsup:

Slowhand
01-06-2010, 08:27 AM
:yes: we're going to Tampa to meet a couple of friends and we always go for a meal, I'll have to look it up :thumbsup:
I`m told that normally you have to make a reservation months in advance Issy, but now, because of the recession you may be lucky and bag a walk in. :fingers:

Isafari
01-06-2010, 08:34 AM
I`m told that normally you have to make a reservation months in advance Issy, but now, because of the recession you may be lucky and bag a walk in. :fingers:

I'm going to Google them and look at the menu Terry :thumbsup:

Tink
01-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Hmmmm... intrinsic to Orlando, or WDW? I'd have to say Cuban food. :yes: Although you get much better Cuban food offsite, the Media Noche at Bongo's is quite nice and will tide you over until you can get to Pancho's on Semoran. :D

Media noche, pappas rellenas and cafe con leche... stuff a good nap is made of! :lol:

Isafari
01-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm going to Google them and look at the menu Terry :thumbsup:

I didn't even know there were 21 varieties of caviar!
They have a strip sirloin on the menu for $233.12 plus they add 12% to the bill for wages.......do they do salads! :lol:

Joking aside, they do offer other dishes that aren't so expensive :thumbsup:

keith
01-06-2010, 08:44 AM

I guess it's rather a long way from Disney?

Slowhand
01-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Joking aside, they do offer other dishes that aren't so expensive :thumbsup:
I`ve never seen a menu like it Diane...it takes you around 30 minutes to read it all. You can choose the thickness of your steak and it`s cooking time to suit your taste. :thumbsup:
All of the meat and veg are organic, raised and grown on a farm belonging to the owners of the restaurant.
Yes, there are some very expensive items on the menu but for an "average" meal, think of V & A`s service [the servers all wear tuxedos] at say Citrico`s prices.

Slowhand
01-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I guess it's rather a long way from Disney?
It`s on the "Orlando" side of Tampa Keith, but yes it`s around a 75 minute drive [or 60 minutes if Ricky is driving! :lol:]

Another possible venue for you and us if ever we happen to be there at the same time eh?

keith
01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
It`s on the "Orlando" side of Tampa Keith, but yes it`s around a 75 minute drive [or 60 minutes if Ricky is driving! :lol:]

eek!! yep I don't think I'll try that in a cab somehow :lol:

Another possible venue for you and us if ever we happen to be there at the same time eh?

absolutely :yes:

Tink
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Well you could take a bus, Keith. ;) :D

Or... you know, if you knew anyone locally who wouldn't mind having dinner in a nice place in Tampa... ;)

There's always Ybor City for after dinner drinks! :eek: :lol:

keith
01-06-2010, 10:39 AM
:lol: I managed to get DW on the international drive trolley thing this time, she was NOT impressed.

Perhaps I can go on a disney segway tour and kinda go off route a little :D

Slowhand
01-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Perhaps I can go on a disney segway tour and kinda go off route a little :D
Seems like a great idea Keith, but make sure you don`t run out of power as you cruise I-4. :lol:

keith
01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Seems like a great idea Keith, but make sure you don`t run out of power as you cruise I-4. :lol:

Well I've seen people on skateboards hold onto the back of cars, that should work ok I guess!

uscwest
01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
I have a cousin, who now lives in Cincinnati. When she was living in Tampa she took me to Bern's Steakhouse. This was many years ago and it was expensive and elegant then. I'm sure not much has changed.

keith
01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Ive been reading the website and it sounds like a place I'd truly love

Slowhand
01-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Ive been reading the website and it sounds like a place I'd truly love
You would love to see their wine cellar Keith.
Apparently they have half a million bottles of wine in stock with prices up to $10,000 per bottle! :shocked:

keith
01-06-2010, 11:39 AM
You would love to see their wine cellar Keith.
Apparently they have half a million bottles of wine in stock with prices up to $10,000 per bottle! :shocked:

!!!!!!! If I could get a tour of the wine cellar I'd pay the cab fare :lol:

Slowhand
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
!!!!!!! If I could get a tour of the wine cellar I'd pay the cab fare :lol:
Actually that`s part of the dining experience there Keith.
After your starter and main course you are invited on a tour of the restaurant, taking in the kitchens and wine cellar.
You then are ushered upstairs to a separate dining area split into booths where you take your desserts.
On the wall of each booth is a telephone which you can use to make any requests for the resident pianist to play a tune for you....he had never heard of Layla though. :lol:

keith
01-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Actually that`s part of the dining experience there Keith.
After your starter and main course you are invited on a tour of the restaurant, taking in the kitchens and wine cellar.

Argh you're not helping :lol: :taunt:

On the wall of each booth is a telephone which you can use to make any requests for the resident pianist to play a tune for you....he had never heard of Layla though. :lol:

:lol:

ok I HAVE to try there

keith
01-06-2010, 11:36 PM
How's this for a plan. Busch gardens cheapy coach from premium outlets to the park. Mooch around there for a day doing everything there. We havent been for a few years but enjoyed it last time :yes: Then Bern's in the evening followed by a local hotel for the evening and the coach back the next day :lol:

Tink
02-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Hey, that'll work. :yes: :D :D

Isafari
02-06-2010, 06:35 AM
How's this for a plan. Busch gardens cheapy coach from premium outlets to the park. Mooch around there for a day doing everything there. We havent been for a few years but enjoyed it last time :yes: Then Bern's in the evening followed by a local hotel for the evening and the coach back the next day :lol:

Sounds like a good plan :thumbsup:

Slowhand
02-06-2010, 08:29 AM
That sounds like an excellent idea Keith. :thumbsup: