View Full Version : Rides for the not so small people

05-06-2010, 09:05 AM
This is a bit of an awkward question but I'm not the smallest :unsure: Im really worried about not being able to get into some rides or worse out of some rides :sorry: is there some limit or are they all made to allow for a generously sized person? Im depressed to even ask but its really worrying me thanks :worship:

05-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I did see in IOA and Seaworld that they had a chair and harness outside of some of the rides Kracken and i'm sure the hulk. So that you can see if you fit and close the lap restraints and clips. They also do on some rides a seat for the slightly better built person. I'm by no means small at 6foot and around 17stone ish. Had no problems.
Probably weighed alot more when we left the States aswell

07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Please don't feel that way! :hug2: You are who you are, not what size you are, eh? :hug2:

Most of WDW rides are able to accommodate all guests. I know that the bars that come forward as safety mechanisms stop at the body, so they would automatically "fit."

Some that have seatbelt things, well not sure how they work, but as said above many attractions have ways of determining if you will feel comfortable on them or not.

You can always check with the cast member too. "Is this attraction going to allow me to be comfortable, or should I give it a miss?" :hug2:

08-06-2010, 04:25 AM
As far as I can tell, WDW goes out of their way to accomodate people. One ride I suggest you NOT try is Space Mountain. WHEW! I'm 5'8" and my dad is 6'4" and our knees were up to our chins trying to cram ourselves into those little shuttles. Pretty much everything else...I really can't see being a problem. A lot of the rides are just benches so, plenty of room on either side to accomodate people. Also, they will slow down a ride, or stop a ride, so people may get on. Most of the rides are on a slow-moving conveyor (Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, It's a Small World, Pirates OTC, Finding Nemo) so it's no big deal with being quick to get on. Soarin' you may have a problem with side-to-side. Mostly my problem are my legs being cramped up to my chin. I'm still pretty spry to pop in and out of places.

08-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I think you will be able to do more than you think you'll be able to do. GO for it! You deserve a fun vacay!

08-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I am pretty good size myself and I can ride every ride at WDW. There are some I prefer not to ride however, such as Space Mountain.

08-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Im very ample on the pooh shaped size of life :) I have no problems with Disney, cant get my hips in the bucket seats on the rollercoasters at universal and seaworld but can pretty much do the rest even rock n roller and everest!!!

The thing that stresses me out the most is the plane, i hate squeezing into them, worrying if i'll fit, normally have to hang a blanket over the arm rest as it digs in - its so embarassing :(

You will have a blst at Disney, as others have said they work with all shapes, so you'll be fine.

Try not to worry.

08-06-2010, 12:58 PM
I think space mountain is uncomfortable for all.