PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering if

lozzy
08-06-2010, 04:51 PM
you are able to visit the disney hotels when are not staying in them? I would love to see inside some of the disney hotels just to be noise,
Also is it possible to eat in the resturants or is it only possible if you book in advance?

Dawn
08-06-2010, 05:18 PM
You can certainly visit for a look around. You can't use the resort pool though. If you want to eat at a restaurant then booking in advance is always the recommended way to go but you could always try for a walk-up if you're passing by. You're more likely to get lucky if you try out of the main eating times.

MystikPiglit
08-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Going to Resort restaurants is a great way to see what the resorts are like. :thumbsup:
We discovered, by doing that, that we didn't want to stay in 2 of the resorts that had previously been on our list of places we wanted to.

foreverducky
08-06-2010, 05:37 PM
I have spent a lot of time checking out other hotels. I love looking at the different themes. :D So have a stroll!

ukwdwnut
08-06-2010, 10:51 PM
it certainly is laura, i visited my one and only disney hotel last trip the boardwalk and loved it, go to see more whenever im there next :yes:

Tink
09-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Visiting the resorts is a fun way to spend a day. :yes: At the Christmas season, people make it a point to visit the resorts to veiw the different decorations and the "gingerbread" pieces. For example, Grand Floridian has a huge gingerbread house that they use for a shop!

You can dine in the restaurants, get something at the counter service places, visit the lounges/bars for a drink and or a snack, shop in the stores you'll find, and generally just walk around peering into this nook and that cranny.

Pools as Dawn says, are off limits, but you can look at them. :yes: In some resorts the fitness rooms are off limits to all but registered guests too.

There are two groups of resorts that lend themselves well to touring. The monorail resorts, and the lagoon resorts outside the International Gateway of the World Showcase in EPCOT.

Wilderness Lodge is worth the side trip as is Animal Kingdom Lodge, OKW, SSR, and the moderates. The values are fun to tour though too, and have very nice counter service places. :yes:

Tink
09-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Going to Resort restaurants is a great way to see what the resorts are like. :thumbsup:
We discovered, by doing that, that we didn't want to stay in 2 of the resorts that had previously been on our list of places we wanted to.

Interesting! Pure curiosity, what two did you change your mind about after visiting?

MystikPiglit
09-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Interesting! Pure curiosity, what two did you change your mind about after visiting?

We didn't the the Yacht Club at all. DH doesn't want to stay at the Poly, too many children running around there. :lol:

Tink
09-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Ah well, see? Good taste runs in the family. :D We don't like the Yacht Club either! After having stayed once at the Poly (Herself always wanted to) we'd not do that again, thanks! :eek:

:D :D

Tinkfan
09-06-2010, 11:09 AM
:wave:Did you find the Yacht Club stuffy or was it something else? The Poly always does have alot of children !:tongue:

Tink
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
I think it's dark, and a little dingy looking. :sorry: The staff are stuffy... :shrug:

It does give you the impression that you are on a small boat though, with those low ceilings... worn carpeting is weird for a place that is supposed to be a deluxe.

MystikPiglit
09-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Ah well, see? Good taste runs in the family. :D We don't like the Yacht Club either!

:thumbsup: :D

:wave:Did you find the Yacht Club stuffy or was it something else?

It didn't have that Disney homelyness that other resorts have. Fine for a business meeting but not to relax in.

Tink
09-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Part of it too, for us is that it's attached to the bright, and airy and beautiful (and personally emotive) Beach Club. :yes:

The Beach Club was the first Disney resort we ever stayed at and it's our long time favorite. OKW is our Home DVC, and that is our favorite DVC. :yes: (Although, Herself is mad in love with Kidani Village).

MystikPiglit
09-06-2010, 11:32 AM
I'd love to stay at the Beach Club, but a bit out of our price range. Maybe one day..... :)

Tink
09-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Sometimes they have really nice specials there. :yes:

The only way we stay there now though is through the BC Villas. :yes: Points we can do. Room rates, not so much. :sigh:

lozzy
11-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks for you reply and I will have to write a list of all the different one I might like to be nosey in, this might be our last visit for a few years and I really would like to make the most of it,