PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket?

MystikPiglit
20-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Is Photobucket a good thing to join?
?If you put photos on Photobucket can they be viewed by anyone or can you choose who sees them?
Thank you. :)

ukwdwnut
20-07-2008, 04:23 PM
its good you can let others see if you want and you can post the pix on here by copying the img tag :)

MystikPiglit
20-07-2008, 04:25 PM
So, you would recommend it's usefulness?

Isafari
20-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Mick gave me the link for photobucket last year and that is what I use for all of my forum photos....so simple to use even I can figure it out :yes:

MystikPiglit
20-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks. :)
It is because I want to post pics here that I was considering using it. Sounds good. :thumbs_up:

Dawn
20-07-2008, 04:41 PM
All my forum pics are on Photobucket. You just upload them there and then copy and paste the IMG code that it generates for you. So easy even my mum can do it. :lol:

MystikPiglit
20-07-2008, 04:43 PM
so simple to use even I can figure it out :yes:

So easy even my mum can do it. :lol:

So you're saying even I could use it? :lol:

PsychoAlice
20-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Its totally user friendly!!

Love me some photobucket!!!

Dawn
20-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Honestly, it's very easy, it makes all the code for you and you just copy and paste here and pretty pictures appear. :D

MystikPiglit
20-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Honestly, it's very easy, it makes all the code for you and you just copy and paste here and pretty pictures appear. :D

Ah. even I can copy and paste. :lol:

Okay, I'm convinced. :thumbs_up:

ukwdwnut
20-07-2008, 04:51 PM
in the new version you can upload 50 pix at a time

Tink
20-07-2008, 07:15 PM
But can you control who has access to your photos or are the out there for all the world to see? :unsure:

Isafari
20-07-2008, 08:08 PM
But can you control who has access to your photos or are the out there for all the world to see? :unsure:

You need to sign in and give a password Tink :yes:

Britchick
20-07-2008, 08:13 PM
u can make slideshows easily too

Skywatcher
21-07-2008, 07:58 AM
I love my bucket :D - I suppose Tink you just wouldn't upload pics you didn't want seen not sure ythere is a way to stop people seeing your album - I may be wrong tho

MystikPiglit
21-07-2008, 08:35 AM

Yes, that was my initial worry.

I love my bucket :D - I suppose Tink you just wouldn't upload pics you didn't want seen not sure ythere is a way to stop people seeing your album - I may be wrong tho

...and that was the conclusion I arrived at, to only put impersonal pics on there. :)

Wendy
21-07-2008, 08:56 AM
You can choose what you want to do with the privacy. Once you have your album, if you want to share it with anyone you have to select the share tab underneath the album and then it will take you to this

to be shared in one of the following ways:

Do not share (keep private) (more info)
Select 'Private' and only you will be able to view the images; they will not be shared with anyone else.

This album can only be viewed by you.

Share with friends & family (more info)
Select 'Share with my invitees' and this album will be viewable only by you and the contacts you choose.
If you set a password, they will be able to see the album using the password instead of logging in.

This album is viewable by the people you invite only.

Share publicly (more info)
Select 'Share with everyone' and this album will be viewable by others. Friends can also put a link to the album on their website for further sharing opportunities.

This album is viewable by everyone. You can choose to add it into a category as a public album so that it can be searched by all Photobox users.

Create your own photo blog (Tableau) (more info)
Select 'Create your own photo blog' and this album will be published in it's own web page. You and your friends can also put a link to the album on their website for further sharing opportunities.

Tableau is a fun new way of sharing your photos. Itís basically a photo blog for you to share with family & friends what youíve been up to through the power of pictures.

Just make sure the first one is selected and then you are the only one who can see your albums. You can also select to allow family or friends only.

Hope this helps :D

MystikPiglit
21-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Thank you, Wendy. That makes it perfectly clear. :thumbs_up: :)

Wendy
21-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Thank you, Wendy. That makes it perfectly clear. :thumbs_up: :)

Glad to have been some help. I only know because I'm sorting out some photos for the girls mum. She is buying some of the photobooks whilst they are on 2 for the price of 1. I don't know how I get talked into these things :lol:

MystikPiglit
21-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't know how I get talked into these things :lol:

Because you can't resist helping.;) :D

Dawn
21-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Just to confuse you we got some photobooks from Photobox. :D

They were awesome. We got a book for each set of Steven's grandparents showing pictures from birth to his first day at school.

Wendy
21-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Just to confuse you we got some photobooks from Photobox. :D

They were awesome. We got a book for each set of Steven's grandparents showing pictures from birth to his first day at school.

Thanks Dawn :D I've never used them but they do get good reviews for their photos. I was concerned about the quality in case it wasn't good because I talked her into trying them :)

Catherine likes anything easy and this ideal for her, she chooses the photos, Chris makes sure they are OK and I upload them and make the books :lol:

Dawn
21-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Photobox is easy and they are uk based.

You upload your photos, choose your page layout and click the pictures you want. Add a few text boxes, jigger it all about a bit, pay them and they arrive a few days later.

We get all our photo prints from there now. Got 8 x 10s of Steven's school photo for something like 20p each.

Wendy
21-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I've made her two albums and I phoned her to make sure they were OK and she wants some more pages added :lol:

She's got 40 free prints as well because she's just joined - that will be my next job :lol: